Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 8:07:29 AM EDT
I recently sent in a Smith SEI model 2008 mount to be machined and reparked.

This was suggested by Mr Smith himself because he stated SA M1As have the mount area off a bit? This was because I wanted to get the best mount for long range precision shooting (2008 has the longest surface area for various mounting lengths to place the scope).

I do not understand, except he stated it should be done for optimum performance. I did not want to bug him on a long explanation.

Ideas?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
SEI & SADLAK mounts are made to fit GI spec receivers... Springfield receivers are not GI spec.
Both SEI & SADLAK have methods to make their mounts fit M1A receivers... you're in good hands.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
For the OP, one issue that may be involved is the location of the bolt hole on the receiver.  Harrington & Richardson Arms and Armscorp of America / Armscorp USA receivers have been found to have mislocated bolt holes.  The bolt hole on my 2006 Armsorp USA receiver was about 0.095 " too far forward.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SEI & SADLAK mounts are made to fit GI spec receivers... Springfield receivers are not GI spec.
View Quote

GI spec receivers aren't a gold standard either. In the early 1960's, M14 Rifles were sorted through to find ones that a scope mount would adequately fit on. A lot were of unsatisfactory quality regarding scope mounting surfaces. When you have a large supply, you can find some that are perfect (sounds like finding a female companion).
Top Top