Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2017 3:30:54 PM EDT
So ,I ordered some tubes from apogee. A mix of stainless, aluminum, $ titanium. Shipped fast. Product inspection realized way out of spec ti tubes (when I ordered he had the dimensions listed, since took it down or changed). I start the email process. After several days of back and forth, he issues a refund enough to cover shipping back to him.I actually ordered more products at this point, figuring he was an honorable man. He acknowledged receipt of the pair of tubes. Then the problem started. He just quit communicating. I threatened action through paypal. He stalled me about 3 days , said his pp account was messed up. % days later still nothing. I attempted to start a dispute through pp, he closed his his account. (the stall was the time he needed I guess). Now ,nothing, won't answer any emails. What an ass. Maybe you all can learn from my $150 raping. 
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if he closed his PP account, depending on how you funded the purchase they can pursue him.  Where it could get sticky is if paypal somehow knows what you were purchasing was a firearms product.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So ,I ordered some tubes from apogee. A mix of stainless, aluminum, $ titanium. Shipped fast. Product inspection realized way out of spec ti tubes (when I ordered he had the dimensions listed, since took it down or changed). I start the email process. After several days of back and forth, he issues a refund enough to cover shipping back to him.I actually ordered more products at this point, figuring he was an honorable man. He acknowledged receipt of the pair of tubes. Then the problem started. He just quit communicating. I threatened action through paypal. He stalled me about 3 days , said his pp account was messed up. % days later still nothing. I attempted to start a dispute through pp, he closed his his account. (the stall was the time he needed I guess). Now ,nothing, won't answer any emails. What an ass. Maybe you all can learn from my $150 raping. 
View Quote

Yup, his paypal account is closed. And yes, he is avoiding filling orders that were purchased via PP prior to his account being shut down. I know someone who placed an order with him after they received a couple of approved form 1s and are going through the exact same thing that you are. Hopefully your post will help others avoid the hassle.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even if he closed his PP account, depending on how you funded the purchase they can pursue him.  Where it could get sticky is if paypal somehow knows what you were purchasing was a firearms product.
View Quote
The OP was buying metal tubes that are threaded
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear that OP. I reached out to him when I tried to place an order and I couldn't get PayPal to work. He said that PayPal had frozen his account and he was working on getting another payment processor up. Two days later I placed an order, and two days after that it was delivered. Hope you get it all worked out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The OP was buying metal tubes that are threaded
View Quote
I fully understand this, I manufacture and sell NFA items as well, but I have seen PP pull some really sneaky shit over the years, I know of a few Gunbroker transactions that got PP accounts suspended and closed in the past.  They had people scanning GB so see what was being sold then they would focus on sellers who said they accept PP.

They can be real assholes when they want to.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Try contacting him at the form1 suppressor.com website. He's a regular there. He was kinda slow on getting me a SS tube but I did get it. Then it was out of spec. Figured I'd get it bored to spec and just avoid the hassle. It would cost more then the tube to deal with him again. Lesson learned
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think Jim posts on the form 1 board, but when I saw this thread I contacted him.  He said there was a lot of demand (because of SDTA shut down) and they were booted from paypal for being gun related.  Both of those have just caused delays.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top