Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2017 9:21:46 PM EDT
For sbr to tame the obnoxious blast and noise? What has worked for you? Yes I have suppressors but sometimes need to keep it short like in the vehicle and supps not allowed on duty sbr.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Any flash hider.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any flash hider.
View Quote

This. Most people won't notice the difference between a standard A2 and whatever else is the latest, coolest device. I know I can't. I have an A2 on my 10.5 and don't plan on changing it until I get a can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Your choice of flash hider...

If you want to get fancy get something like the Noveske KX3
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Linear comp.  I use STD or Kaw Valley if I want it small.  Barking Spider or Flaming Pig for better performance if size is not an issue.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
what suppressor do you have?

Run a flash hinder or maybe try one of those blast deals like the warden if there is one combatible
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the BRT covert comp

Its adds virtually no length or weight vs an A2, but offers the properties of a linear comp. It's pretty low profile as well and isn't too "flashy". Price is very reasonable too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For sbr to tame the obnoxious blast and noise? What has worked for you? Yes I have suppressors but sometimes need to keep it short like in the vehicle and supps not allowed on duty sbr.
View Quote

A suppressor, it not, then ear plugs

In all seriousness though, one of those blast deflector thingys seems to help.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Linear comps.  Like some of the other guys mentioned.  There was a noticeable difference when changing from the A2 to a true linear comp.  I did notice an increase tho in muzzle flash mostly thru my nods if that matters, hence the term flash hider I suppose.   

Definitely a difference in sound and blast redirecting though.

Best of luck to ya!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]
PWS CQB is a night and day difference in comparison to a standard flash hider of any design. It is chunky (heavy) but not a significant increase in overall length. I run one on a 7" AR and it's very pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Most people won't notice the difference between a standard A2 and whatever else is the latest, coolest device. I know I can't. I have an A2 on my 10.5 and don't plan on changing it until I get a can.
View Quote

I had an A2 on my 14.5" M4. Replaced it with a Strike J Comp... The difference is incredible.
I highly recommend, especially for $35.00
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Its adds virtually no length or weight vs an A2, but offers the properties of a linear comp. It's pretty low profile as well and isn't too "flashy". Price is very reasonable too.
View Quote

These are really nice and push the blast forward.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one of these on my 10.3" 5.56 SBR.  Made a very noticeable difference in concussion.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#13]
The best muzzle devices I've found over the years have been a Kx3 or Kx5 noveske. Or another one is the pws cqb.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
About 2 years ago, I was at a private range with 7 other guys, all shooting Rifles. I had a PWS CQB, a Troy Claymore, and an A1 style FS.
I was shooting a 10.5" SBR. We got in a conversation about the effectiveness of linear comps and everyone stopped shooting, stood to the rear and both sides while I shot the SBR for 5 rounds, then I would let someone else shoot while I stood off to the side. I had to use HOTT gloves to swap them, and the Troy wasn't rotationally aligned, but it was informative anyway.
A1 was first, for a baseline, and was loud and concussive to the bystanders.
PWS was more comfortable to everyone there than the A1. As the shooter, I also felt no concussion.
Troy Claymore got everything from "almost as good" to "about the same" as the PWS.

Anecdotally, I thought that the 16" ARs with A2s were less pleasant as a bystander than the PWS CQB.

So they do seem to work, but still no magic involved- Suppressors Trump Linear brakes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
The most effective I have found to be the PWS CQB.  I have one on my 7.5" AK47.  Very effective at directing the concussive blast away from the shooter or anyone standing next to you.
Top Top