Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 9:12:41 AM EDT
I have a 10" sbr build that I use in close quarters. It currecntly has a bcm a2 style device and Im looking for a device that does well with redirecting blast forwards. I would also like to keep muzzle rise down if possible. I have been looking at the GA shroud because I can take that off for faster follow-ups during competition shooting. What do yall recommend? anyone know anything about the new surefire suppressor like device?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Im in the same boat as you.  Tagged for interest.

And in before all of the suppressor freaks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

We are freaks now?

Suppressor is the best muzzle device for an SBR.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Freaks? What's wrong with suppressors?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Surefire MB556.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Surefire MB556.

View Quote

Running that on a 10.3" -
Feels like someone bitch slaps you every time you take a shot.

Can't wait till my can is out of jail.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:53:43 AM EDT
[#6]
After doing a 2000 round course with an 11.5 in bbl, running an AAC brakeout... I strongly recommend against any type of brake. It was head thumping loud to both me and everyone near me on the line. I can only imagine it with no ear pro
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Well a can is nice.

If you're not going to have a can, I've found that an A2 or one of the linear comps by Black river is the best bet.

Brakes are obnoxious on 10.5's, they are fun the first few rounds then become annoying.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Plan for a suppressor purchase, even if your looking into the distant future, and buy the FLASH HIDER mount to that suppressor. Like the AAC 51t flash hider, Sico trifecta, Surefire 3 prong, etc.

Brakes on shorties are quite the adventure.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I went SBR so I could have a suppressor without the weapon being crazy long. I use a brake/mount on it and wouldn't think about firing it indoors with anything less than muffs on and no can. Have you considered a mini can? If I'm not going to use a can I just put an A2 on whatever it is. They work well enough for hiding flash and have a slight braking benefit. Price is right too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a LeVang on mine... I didn't notice much of a recoil compensation, but noise is considerably less noticeable to shooter than the KAC that came on the Mk18 upper I used... a Troy Claymore is another option

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]
A2 if you aren't suppressing it.

And what competitions are you using a 10" SBR for?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Black River Covert Comp.  If you want extra weight, get a Noveske KX3 flaming pig.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#13]
definitely an A2 flash hider, muzzle brakes are no fun on SBR's
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Vortex does wonders at taming my 7.5".  No more dirty looks at the indoor range.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#15]
If it is a cqb sbr, you will want a suppressor anyways. If you shoot it in a room (heaven forbid) it will sound like a cannon. Your ears will be ringing for a while and you wont hear if someone is behind you. I am building mine for home protection. If i shoot it at an intruder (again, heaven forbid) It won't take my hearing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#16]
pointman... local club shoots a "carbine" run and gun match.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#17]
the vast majority of my shooting is in a team setting, and everyone has good ear pro. the main thing I'm trying to get rid of is the concussive feeling. to myself and the guys in the immediate vicinity.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a 10.3 barrel and run an old fashion M 16 3-prong flash hider. No tuning fork resinance, no excessive flash or rise. Never shot it indoors.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Spikes Barking Spider 2 which does a great job redirecting blast, but it's heavy. Minimal muzle comp.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Surefire MB556.

Yeah, but I can clear the range anytime I want and once they all leave I shoot suppressed.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#21]
1. Gemtech muzzle brake with removable Gemtech Blast Diverter
2. Fer Franz (sp?) muzzle brake with Fer Franz removable blast diverter...

both of which require an inch or two of barrel access between their muzzle brake and the hand rail. These are nice because you have the option of removing the added weight of the diverter, but the length stays about the same because those muzzle brakes and diverters (both the Gemtech and Fer Franz) terminate on the same plane, or about flush. I have a brand new Fer Franz I need to pass along since my freefloat rail covers about two inches of my muzzle device. My Fer Franz diverter's attachment knob can't be accessed while trying to lock/unlock the diverter onto my muzzle device (I figured this out the hard way!  lol). I ended up getting a KX3 while waiting for NFA to parole my new suppressor.

3. KX3 or KX5
4. Suppressor (like the Saker, has no attachment/release knob, it'll screw down inside of a freefloat rail that's at least 1.5" diameter (+/-), and good down to 7" barrels for 556.

eta I fired the first round thru my 7.5" ar/pistol, aka future Saker556 platform, with only a Saker muzzle brake, inside a small room, only once!  It ROCKED my world lol!  Bought a KX3 so I can stretch its legs a bit while waiting for my suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Vortex does wonders at taming my 7.5".  No more dirty looks at the indoor range
View Quote

Another +1 for the Vortex. Before suppressing mine I had a Vortex on my 10.5". Never noticed much extra noise.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:58:50 AM EDT
[#23]
silencer co trifecta, will accept a suppressor if you want one later, and it does amazing job with muzzle flash on my 7.5'', and the prongs are different legnths so you dont get the tuning fork ring
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I put a Noveske Pig on my 8.5" pistol and it seems to work.  

Keep in mind I never fired it without the Pig but I shot it at the range on which has a roof over the firing line and I didn't notice a difference between it and my AR15 rifle.

A couple weeks back I took my wife shooting and we shot it again and she never even mentioned that the AR pistol was louder, or flashier than her AR15 carbine.

I've got another one muzzle device, from Kineti-Tech.  It has what appears to be a compensator that screws onto the barrel and then, if you want it, a shroud that screws onto the compensator.

http://www.kineti-tech.com/kineti-tech-muzzle-brake-with-sound-redirect-with-13-16-x-16-threaded-sleeve-2-piece/

Haven't installed or used this one yet so I can't say much about how it works.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#25]
How about something like the Surefire Warden coupled with Their Warcomp Flash Hider?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How about something like the Surefire Warden coupled with Their Warcomp Flash Hider?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/22/61bbc6527da6dc71459da40beaef68ad.jpg
View Quote

These available?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For those recommending Blast Diverters/shields, what about the Griffin Blast Shield? He'd be able to throw it on over the A2 he already has, instead of buying an expensive muzzle device just to use a blast diverter.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Griffin-Armament-QD-Blast-Shield-p/gaqdbs.htm
View Quote

http://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-silencer-shim-set-and-overtravel-stop-p/gam4sdsk.htm

He'd still need the over travel stop & would have to install it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

These available?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/22/61bbc6527da6dc71459da40beaef68ad.jpg

These available?

Nobody?

I want one as a rear end for a F1 can
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top