Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 11:29:55 PM EDT
I have a fairly new Scorpion Evo3 carbine, roughly 400 rounds through it and since i got it have had issues with the bolt release. Because the mags aren't drop free, they have to be pulled from the mag well but when I do this, the rear of the magazine rubs on the bolt cache inside of the mag well, pulling the bolt catch down and releasing the locked bolt. Ive tried shaving some material off the rear of the mag but theres too much contact between the parts, I'd have to shave so much off the mag that it would be rendered useless.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that's strange. First, the mags should drop free (mine actually fly out of the magwell), and of course removing the magazine shouldn't rip the bolt release.

I think I'd give CZ a call.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, that's strange. First, the mags should drop free (mine actually fly out of the magwell), and of course removing the magazine shouldn't rip the bolt release.

View Quote
I agree, call C.Z. customer service and have them fix it for you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
None of my mags drop free but  I don't have  to rip them out
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
my 20's dropped free ok, but the 30's had to be ripped out. a little google and a reddit post fixed my problem though.
see this video (not my video), about 2 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ODhU0nJOA  I fixed mine with a box cutter in about 2 minutes. you just have to round the squared off bit on the back of the mag to match the 20's. my description is horrible, but the video should clear it it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
CZ Scorpion EVO Drop Free Mags - FIX
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Your empty mags fly out with the bolt locked to the rear?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top