Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2016 5:59:28 AM EDT
Looking at picking up a fun plinker/ range toy and came across the AR9 from PSA.

Specifically, I'm looking at this upper...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9mm-10-5-carbine-1-10-9-keymod-lieghtweight-upper-with-bcg-and-ch.html

With this lower...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9mm-dedicated-complete-moe-ept-coltc-style-magazine-lower-black-blem.html

I understand that putting that upper and lower together will make an SBR and require paperwork with the NFA.    I am familiar with that process and already have a 9mm can that will be perfect.    Anyone have any experience with the PSA AR9?    I was considering the Spikes Tactical Brown Recluse integrally suppressed 9mm carbine, but its price and limited availability are a tough pill to swallow.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an AR9 carbine, minus tweaking the extractor it has been 100% and plenty accurate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you go with the Colt smg mag or the Glock mag lower?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has close to 1,000 rounds through it suppressed. No problems, not a one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an AR9 carbine, minus tweaking the extractor it has been 100% and plenty accurate.
View Quote

I have an upper and I'm waiting for the forged lower with last round BHO.

I'm also a bit freaked out after reading the thread in the industry forum where it seems lots of folks are having problems

Makes me wish I had just ponied up the extra bucks and bought a CZ Scorpion.

Either way, we'll see.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the colt mag versions with the magwell insert that I SBRed. Runs like a top. Have run 124gr supers and 147gr subs.

The mags PSA sells are OEM with their branding. Need to be broken in a bit to get running smooth but once that is done, no issues. Just using a dowel to compress the follower all the way a few dozen times does the trick.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm also a bit freaked out after reading the thread in the industry forum where it seems lots of folks are having problems

Either way, we'll see.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way, we'll see.

In their defense I bought the upper and lower months apart, so they didn't ship it to me as a complete rifle, and it took all of 5 min (most of which was finding my tools) to adjust.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In their defense I bought the upper and lower months apart, so they didn't ship it to me as a complete rifle, and it took all of 5 min (most of which was finding my tools) to adjust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way, we'll see.

First and foremost I love PSA. Their marketing department is killing it because I'm spending hundreds a week!

That being said it's not so much your comment but your comment supported by the AR-9 thread in their industry forum right now.

I bought my 9mm upper right when they went on sale and I haven't bought the lower yet. May pull the trigger soon and then report back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My rifle runs great.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Broken extractors seems to be an issue right now.

Built a new 9mm pistol on their Glock lower.
After about 100 rounds the tip sheared off the extractor.

PSA sent a prepaid label and the gun is on the way to them now.
Fingers crossed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top