Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2016 12:30:27 PM EDT
I know about the WC 9mm PCC.

Anyone know if someone is going to make an AR lowers that runs on 92/M9 mags?

$2000 is a lot for a PCC. No matter who's name is on it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Doubt it.  And I foresee Wilson discontinuing all but the Glock mag lowers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Did they even start selling the 92 PCC yet?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't believe so.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I just don't see why no one hasn't made an 9mm AR that runs 92 M9 mags.

There are tons of them and lots of companion pistols to go with them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lack of demand
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lack of demand
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lack of demand

Storm and Sub2k (I believe it was an option) Have that niche filled.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lack of demand

Its all about demand. A manufacture has to be able to sell enough of them to cover their cost of development. I know JRC said they would build lowers for whatever mag you wanted if you would commit to so many hundred of sales for that model. The Sub9 and the Sub2K both came in a Beretta 92 style lower and of course the PX4 Storm offered it too. (had one of each).  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in if someone were to make a lower that used standard AR parts and could run any 9mm AR upper (not proprietary).

However I'm not going to be ordering hundreds of lowers to get some (1) for me.

Group buy?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#9]
FWIW if you look at all the Kel Tec Sub2ks out there, the vast majority are Glock 17 & 19 versions.

Been looking for a sub2k in the Beretta 92 version for a while, you don't see 'em.

I think the main reason why most PPC makers like JRC, TNW & Theuron use a Glock mag is that there's both the factory mags and the cheap imports. And now Magpul's in the game as well.

I've been hoping that'd change with all those surplus M9 mags floating around.

At least if someone DOES try to rollout  an AR lower for the type 92 mags, it'd probably be set up for different mag catches so you could also run S&W and Sig 9mm mags. I've re-notched surplus M9 mags to run in a P226.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think the main reason why most PPC makers like JRC, TNW & Theuron use a Glock mag is that there's both the factory mags and the cheap imports. And now Magpul's in the game as well.
View Quote

I think it has more to do with Glock being the most common handgun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#11]
No group buy?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump for all the interest.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FWIW if you look at all the Kel Tec Sub2ks out there, the vast majority are Glock 17 & 19 versions.

Been looking for a sub2k in the Beretta 92 version for a while, you don't see 'em.

I've been hoping that'd change with all those surplus M9 mags floating around.

At least if someone DOES try to rollout  an AR lower for the type 92 mags, it'd probably be set up for different mag catches so you could also run S&W and Sig 9mm mags. I've re-notched surplus M9 mags to run in a P226.
View Quote

I Had a Sub2k that took Beretta mags. Truth is Kel-Tec builds two models of the Sub: one for Glock mags, the other with a simple parts swap of the latch will take Beretta 92, S$W 59 or Sig 226.  I had a few Sub2k's and a Sub9 that used these various mags. No, they are not common. The Glock versions are easier to find as the magazines are so available. Same goes for JRC, TNW, etc. They go with the Glock mags because that is what people will buy.

I have had two 9mm AR's but sold them both. Meanwhile I kept my lovely, accurate, and super dependable JRC, CX-4 and other PCC's. The JRC and CX-4 would embarrass the 9mm AR at the range and both were considerably less money to buy than the AR.  One 9mm AR that I did like was my one built on a CavArms nylon lower with a mag block in it. That rifle had the weight and balance to make a good PCC. Too  many people get hooked on having a PPC built on an AR lower. That lower was never designed to be a 9mm, rather it was a Colt adaption to sell to a certain market.

I don't follow the herd....I look for what works and works well. I had my fling with 9mm AR's. . been there, done that, sold them both. I keep my 9mm JRC, CX-4, TNW ASR, Marlin Camp,  and just for cheap fun my Hi=Point 995TS ( I am sorry to even be so honest to admit I have one of those in the same safe with the others!)
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#14]
As the U.S. military is in the process of dropping the Beretta 92 based sidearm, the long term economic viability of such a carbine platform is questionable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I remember when Keltec first came out with the Sub9, they were the SW 59 series mags just like their P11, and the beretta and sig followed. I always hear the "glock sells better" (and I'm sure there's more Glocks in private hands thanBerettas), but the others never had a problem selling either. Beretta 17/20/30 round magazines are easily available for decent prices.

I doubt they'd have much problem selling a Beretta magazine gun, but there's always folks that think "only Glock" even though we're in a pretty diverse hobby here.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
It doesn't have to be an "AR". JRC that runs the 92 mags will work just fine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Still in it.

May consider the WC Carbine with 92/M9 mags if the price falls once it's in the marketplace for a while.

However if JRC or another mfg come to the show with one it may be bad news for the CC.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I really want an AR 9mm lower that runs these mags with a standard 9mm AR upper.

Make the PCC More Greater Again.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:23:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Just found out about this ugly little gun called the PAK-9 from Chiappa.  It uses 92fs mags.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just found out about this ugly little gun called the PAK-9 from Chiappa.  It uses 92fs mags.
View Quote

Can't really find anything about it. I wonder if there's any chance the gun actually works.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Anybody have, handle, or hear about the WC 9mm AR that runs the Beretta mags yet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Still hoping for some one to build it and I will come.

Giggity
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's no demand.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the thing that I don't get.

The M9/92 have been around for a long time.

I would think that there would have been maybe one guy out there that would have done it.

Beretta has had 30 round mags for some years now also.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I would think that there would have been maybe one guy out there that would have done it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but you can get Glock magazines for cheaper.

I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of us just have 15s and 17s for our 92s.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As the U.S. military is in the process of dropping the Beretta 92 based sidearm, the long term economic viability of such a carbine platform is questionable.
View Quote

How long ago did they drop the colt 1911?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't really get the whole mag issue in the first place. Sure, you all have cooked up your reasons, and I know what they are - I just don't get it.
You generally wouldn't use your low-capacity (~15rd) handgun mags in your PCC if there are 30 rounders available... and you wouldn't use your 30 rounders in your handgun.
Lastly, nobody in combat situations seem to have any issue with their sidearm taking different mags (or cartridges for that matter) than their carbine.
So it all seems like a made up problem to me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:  That's the thing that I don't get.

View Quote

Well, you've got 3 PCC options, or you can SBR a Beretta & throw it into a Roni chassis.  Or you could engineer and print, whittle, or machine your own magblock.

The 92 platform just isn't popular as a carry gun, and most civilians aren't interested in a duty gun w/ that type of trigger/safety.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hi Power has been out for 80 years and no one is making lowers for it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of us just have 15s and 17s for our 92s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beretta has sales often and discounts for multiples. I've got a few 30's.

I also did just find a Keltec gen2 sub2000 that takes Beretta mags, I gave up on the chiappa and wilson after mixed reviews for both.

The "there's not enough interest" does sound a little hollow after awhile since there's an over abundance of other options.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Still hoping for something.

Lots of 30 rounders out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top