Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2016 6:12:32 PM EDT

Are Beretta still making Cx4 Storm carbine?  Been searching but nothing!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Are Beretta still making Cx4 Storm carbine?  Been searching but nothing!
View Quote

Yes, but now it is compatible with the PX4 mags only. They used to make an adapter to work with the 92 mags like the original CX4 Storm, but now they have discontinued that item, and they are unobtainium.

Also the barrel is not threaded, and you cannot thread it without violating 922r because it is imported from Italy, and would no longer be a "Sporting Arm". Someone correct me if I am wrong about this.

I was looking at one for a defensive carbine, but ended up going with an MK9-LE because of these issues.
If I can't put a can on a 9mm carbine to shoot 147 grain subsonic, it doesn't really fill my needs.

It is still a nice little handy, lightweight ambi carbine though. They are a pleasure to shoot. A bit expensive imo though.

You can find them on gunbroker and a few online retailers.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually I talked to the Beretta rep at last year's NRA show. I was told they have removed the CX4 from their catalog.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually I talked to the Beretta rep at last year's NRA show. I was told they have removed the CX4 from their catalog.
View Quote

Funny, cuz it's still on their website:

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/firearms/finder/?ds=Rifle&_ga=1.186385577.1001218165.1453598470

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/cx4-storm/
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one in 45 cal
The worst trigger ever right around 10 #  pull

It was very accurate

The 45 was discontinued not sure about the 9
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#5]
It is still made, but Beretta stopped importing them due to a large contract. They said they should be coming back over sometime this year... but I'll never go off a Beretta timetable.

There was a post on BerettaForum regarding this... if you were interested in the discussion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is still made, but Beretta stopped importing them due to a large contract. They said they should be coming back over sometime this year... but I'll never go off a Beretta timetable.

There was a post on BerettaForum regarding this... if you were interested in the discussion.
View Quote

What kind of contract forced Beretta to stop sending Cx4 to the US?  Did a military/police somewhere order a whole lot???
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What kind of contract forced Beretta to stop sending Cx4 to the US?  Did a military/police somewhere order a whole lot???
View Quote

Don't know, but probably a big enough one to stop importation...

India was big with the CX4, as well as the automatic version, the MX4. If I had to guess, I'd say them. There is a South American country, want to say Venezuela, that also uses them. The statement from Beretta was not specific, just that there was a contract related to it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]
There was a post on the Beretta forum where a guy put up the links from each year since 2008 on discussions about how the CX-4 was discontinued. So who knows if it real this time.

I know I have my 9mm that I got back when they first became available. Long time ago, I think the serial number is in Roman numerals or something.   <I know...silly joke>     I did the DIY trigger and made it work far better than factory without the expensive SP modification. Mine is NOT for sale and never will be. Too good of a little rifle to let go of.  I know where a few new ones are, sitting on the rack waiting for some lucky slug to stagger in and grab.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like I just need to wait.

Been wanting one of these lately in 9mm as a handy carbine.

Anyone know if threading the barrel for a suppressor causes any 922r issues? Saw that while trawling various forums.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone know if threading the barrel for a suppressor causes any 922r issues? Saw that while trawling various forums.
View Quote

It does... technically.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#12]
What would have to be changed out to be 922r compliant? Or is it a nonissue? I'm familiar with 922r in the AK world.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What would have to be changed out to be 922r compliant? Or is it a nonissue? I'm familiar with 922r in the AK world.
View Quote

922 lol, if one were so inclined I'm sure there are US made mags, I know there's a US made trigger (what was the name?), etc. I'm unsure of its official parts count though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/firearms/finder/?ds=Rifle&_ga=1.186385577.1001218165.1453598470

the rep didn't say they removed it from their website.. he said they removed it from their catalog..
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

the rep didn't say they removed it from their website.. he said they removed it from their catalog..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that an online catalog?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Not mine, but if you're looking for a CX4, there's one listed in the EE section right now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not mine, but if you're looking for a CX4, there's one listed in the EE section right now.
View Quote

And its NOT mine!  You can not have mine....

I love my CX-4.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#18]
There is one for sale on texas gun talk. ~$700 in San Antonio.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Beretta has the conversion in stock for the PX4 to 92/96 in stock last week. I order it and 2 30 rd mags. They throw in a stock mounted mag pouch for free if you order two mags. Should be here Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Love my cx4. 92 mag version
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I was looking at some pictures and noticed that it looks like the stock for the CX-4 has changed over time.

Did Beretta release a different version? Main difference I noticed was up by the handguard; the new ones have a cross hatch pattern. What were some of the other differences?

I thought I had read about some changes, but can't seem to find it again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was looking at some pictures and noticed that it looks like the stock for the CX-4 has changed over time.

Did Beretta release a different version? Main difference I noticed was up by the handguard; the new ones have a cross hatch pattern. What were some of the other differences?

View Quote

Yea, they seemed to come out with the introduction of the MX4. There are two wings above the safety, which protect the selector on the MX4 from being activated (selector is just like the CX4 safety, but instead of just two positions, there is another click for automatic). Rest is just checkering in the polymer.

I'm partial to the older version... mine is within the first 750 carbines.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:08:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yea, they seemed to come out with the introduction of the MX4. There are two wings above the safety, which protect the selector on the MX4 from being activated (selector is just like the CX4 safety, but instead of just two positions, there is another click for automatic). Rest is just checkering in the polymer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The newer version did have some nice features. I think the stock had a nicer feel to it. Maybe it was over molded or something, I can't recall right now. They did put the little bump wings on which was for the MX version. Oh, if only I could get one of those 12 inch barrels to put on my CX-4...that would be cool.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the new stocks were released about three years ago. The design of the internals seems to be the same but I though i saw on a thread that SierraPapa was having some issues with one of his aftermarket upgrades not fitting 100% with the 'gen 2' Storms. Don'tt hink it was a redesign, just that parts were a little 'out of spec' compared to the older ones.
I think SP had the same issue with the early (first few years of prod.) Storms vs later.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Nein! :P It is mine :P And should be here soon.

I've loved these things for years, just has taken forever for me to pull the trigger on one. Next pickup will be a 92FS and all will be well. Lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top