Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2015 9:52:39 PM EDT
If you have one, how do you like it? Any issues with ammo? If you reload, did you hop up the powder a bit for better distance for the 16 inch barrel? Issues chambering? Feel free to add comments. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Another unobtainable RRA item shown their site. I would also like to know if anyone has one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
It's much easier to shoot the same loads that you prefer in your 40 S&W pistols. Don't load higher pressure loads for a carbine as the limiting factor is the case and not pistol-rifle. It would be too easy to mix up a high pressure load made for a rifle and accidently fire it in your pistol. Some loaders for pistol carbine rifles load light bullets for caliber and choose one of the slower powders recommended for 40 S&W to gain a little bit of velocity. I still recommend shooting the same loads that you shoot in your pistols.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't exist, I started a LAR-40 picture thread years ago in the RRA section. To this day not one person has posted a picture, I occasionally bump the thread to remind RRA that I have been waiting since 2008 for a LAR-40, they will respond with lies that they have made thousands. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Semi-vaporware.  A 3 letter group ordered some samples for testing years ago.  The magazine's they got self destructed almost Immediately and the agency spent years waiting for a replacements.  When they finally did get replacement mags to test the guns the results were apparently so disappointing the organization simply dropped their requirement for a pistol caliber carbine and went straight M4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top