Max
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Love it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2009 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Hate it.

No, just kidding.

I love mine also. Thousands of rounds without a problem.
Only thing I don't like are the sights.
I wish there was a way to mount an optic without losing the folding ability.
Link Posted: 11/15/2009 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hate it.

No, just kidding.

I love mine also. Thousands of rounds without a problem.
Only thing I don't like are the sights.
I wish there was a way to mount an optic without losing the folding ability.

Ditto

I sold mine and regret it. Crude but extremely functional
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a used .40cal/Glock magazine flavor for $200, before the Great Gun Scare of 2008.  I figured it was a good investment for a lightweight and reliable PCC.  I already own a Glock Fotay, so it made sense for mag sharing capabilities.
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my Glock 17 grip 9MM. I have had problems with mine. The front sight is molded onto a knurled portion of the barrel. Mine came loose and rather than send it back, I pinned it to the barrel. Also, when mine was new it was mangling the brass and failing to extract. Found the chamber ramp was too narrow and brass was hitting both sides of the chamber feed ramp. Lightly flaring and polishing the feed ramp cured the brass damage and failures to extract.  Now it's reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot. You will occasionally hear from lucky guys like me who have had some problems but most don't.
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Just what I thought.

Now I will go get one.

Max
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]
One thing I forgot about mine, its finicky with mags. Only Beretta factory and MecGars work reliably. Any other aftermarkets and its FTE galore, even though they work fine in a pistol.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Have never seen one locally in a shop, but it would be nice to have one that takes glock mags.
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#10]
DETAILS, man, DETAILS!!!!

The looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#12]
2 weeks ago or so I went shooting with some friends, it was roughly in the mid 20's outside.  Between the cold and ammo issues we were having every gun went down....save for my sub 2k.  It ate ran like a sewing machine with 4 different shooters and 200+ rounds and though it was lubed with the same grease that seized up my other guns when it congealed, it never missed a beat.  

I love my sub2k.  I need another one I think that runs Beretta mags.

Link Posted: 11/19/2009 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, that's the factory Kel-Tec scope mount kit for the S2K, but I modified it somewhat.

Thanks!
Looks like I have a project for the holidays!

Link Posted: 11/22/2009 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One thing I forgot about mine, its finicky with mags. Only Beretta factory and MecGars work reliably. Any other aftermarkets and its FTE galore, even though they work fine in a pistol.

I guess I'm lucky.  Mine takes Sig mags and it works with even the cheap aftermarket hi-caps.  Another surprise is that it will reliably feed from my CZ mags...the stock 25 round mags looks and works great

ROCK6
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone ever seen a SBRed S2K
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#16]
You would have to shorten the tube to make it worh while I think. That would mean shortening the bolt assembly.

I bet a couple inches could be removed and it stll be a functional folder. It would take a bunch of work but it would be pretty sweet.

Either that or just lop off the barrel but you would lose the ability to have a front sight if you wanted it to fold at all.

Link Posted: 11/24/2009 5:01:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I was thinking of a shorter barrel with a can that would still fold.

I mean, do you really need a front sight
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#19]
We just got one in where I work and I am picking it up Friday.  

I haven't seen anyone with this forend on their Sub2K yet and I think I am going to get it for mine.

What do you guys think?

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart2/product_info.php?cPath=8_17&products_id=231

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/TerryGecko/SUB2KForend.jpg
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I haven't seen anyone with this forend on their Sub2K yet and I think I am going to get it for mine.

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking I need to stop coming in to this forum because everytime I do  is bad news for my bank account...
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I love the Sub2k, when they come out with a unit that excepts XD9 mags I will buy another in a heartbeat. when they come out with Sub2k's in 45ACP using Glock 21 and XD45 Mags I will buy one of each Aguy can dream
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I' wondering if you can put a can
on one of these.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I have one that takes Glock 19 mags. Mine only feeds high quality ammo reliably.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have one that takes Glock 19 mags. Mine only feeds high quality ammo reliably.

Polish the feed ramp, or send it to the company.  I had one that ran 19 mags and once they polished it up it will eat anything.
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't like mine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#26]
HK_Dude, can you elaborate why you didn't like it?

Link Posted: 12/3/2009 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I have owned 2 of them.

The first one was the current version with plastic receiver. When I got it (brand new out of the box) you would lock it in the open/firing position and there was a bend at the hinge.....if you held the stock up by your eye and looked down the length of the gun, it was shaped like a banana. At that time, I only owned crappy high cap Glock mags....the metal USA brand mags that had a narrower body then the glock factory mags, and they had formed in ribs to get the added width. They would not lock into the Kel-tec, and if they did, you could move them ever-so-slightly and they would fall out of the gun. Lastly, if you squeezed the pistol grip at all, the 2 halves would move forward and back in seperation.

I never shot the first one...those issues made me send it back....the mag thing and the bent gun could have been fixed, but I was turned off at this point.

About 7 years later, I found one of the originals with the aluminum receiver/pistol grip and thought I would try again.

This time none of the plastic gun issues were in this gun.......thought it was very cool. To me, the recoil of the little gun is very volient and it seems like the gun is going to destroy itself in time.

No, the recoil wasn't painful or anything, that is not what I mean.....it just seemed like it was very hard on the gun.

I think the idea is awesome, the glock mag idea is great........I think I just compared it to the other 9mm carbines I owned at the time (HK clone, AR15-9mm, Storm) that this was by far the least user-friendly to shoot.

I am not a hater in any way, I just think there are way better choices out there for a PCC if you are actually going to spend time shooting it alot.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I have one of those USA mags and it is the same way in mine.  I should send it to someone in a ban state. I am pretty sure it was sitting in the shop I got it from since bush 41.

Link Posted: 12/3/2009 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#29]
If I wanted a PCC to stow away for SHTF......I would buy another one, buy 5-33rd mags and make sure it worked.....then stick it in a good place. It fills that need in a major way.

I sold the last one to a buddy that I go shooting with a few times a year....I will have to play with it again next time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, that's the factory Kel-Tec scope mount kit for the S2K, but I modified it somewhat.

As it is designed and comes from KT, it rotates freely around the barrel to move out of the way for folding and is spring loaded to deploy when the SUB is unfolded. It was loose and, to me, it just didn't return to any reliable zero, even with a red-dot. It's a well-made drop-in unit for what it is, but it just wasn't "right" for me.

So I reversed it (directionally), did away with the spring altogether, and mounted it tightly/securely to the barrel at a slight angle/offset to still allow folding. When using the red-dot I cant the SUB at a very slight angle, but it is comfortable and became "natural-feeling" very soon after my modifications. A slight cant in the other direction and I am back to the irons, totally unobstructed. And it doesn't interfere at all with folding, as you saw above.

It works pretty well, but I have to admit that I just don't shoot the S2K much any more since I got my Oly GL-1 ARs (that also use unmodified Glock mags)...

(FWIW, that's an old Tasco Pro-Point [PDP2, IIRC] red dot.)

Now that you have one of the GL-1s, would you recommend that or a Sub 2K for a first-time PPC purchase? (for the record, I have a BM in .223 and a G17)
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If I wanted a PCC to stow away for SHTF......I would buy another one, buy 5-33rd mags and make sure it worked.....then stick it in a good place. It fills that need in a major way.

I sold the last one to a buddy that I go shooting with a few times a year....I will have to play with it again next time.

I'm thinking about picking one up for that reason. From looking at dimensions, I believe it would fit nicely in a Pelican 1490. Throw the Sub2k, 4 33 round mags, a couple 17 rounders and some desiccant in and you'll be set.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I enjoy mine, but understand that it is exactly what it is.  Shoots any .40 round but only likes factory Glock mags.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I love mine.  I got one several years ago setup to take G17 mags.  I cut it down so I could use G19 mags.  It runs great, and at least until I got my AR pistols was my normal travelling gun.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a 9mm model that takes sig 226 mags. Works great with factory mags, but I have experienced some failures with the cheap aftermarket mags. Seems to recoil pretty harshly for a 9mm. Not a bad gun for the price, but my calico with 100rd drum is alot more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Got one a couple of months ago and can't stop shooting it.

With the $100,000+ I've spent on firearms in the past couple of years you'd figure that a $400 gun would be one of my favorites...

I have a Glock mag version that's a freakin tack driver with those crappy factory sights.

The thing won't jam, won't miss and has me looking at the RFB and the SU16C...because this little company knows how to build unique weapons.

GET ONE!

One issue: The extra mag holder for the stock does not 'fit' 33 round Glock mags because they'll reach beyond the pistol grip, which sucks.

That little gun with the 33's is just cool/cheap/fun.
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I have 2 of them, both of which I love.  Simple, durable, reliable, cheap . . .  Not a showpiece, but not meant to be.    Both 40S&W, Glock mags.  

I got them for $320 including tax back when the world was still sane.

Not as cool as the 10mm MP5, but great value for the money.  Would buy more.

Link Posted: 12/10/2009 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be honest, at first I looked at one and thought what a POS.  But, just recently I realized the whole point of it.  A no nonsense pistol caliber carbine.  I plan on buying one in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I really like mine, it uses Glock 22 mags!  I have a couple of different cases to carry mine in, one is just the factory black case, very small and discrete.  I also have a backpack that holds a nice setup including my Glock 23 and plenty of mags and ammo to share.

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll be honest, at first I looked at one and thought what a POS.  But, just recently I realized the whole point of it.  A no nonsense pistol caliber carbine.  I plan on buying one in the near future.

Same for all...and once you shoot it, you'll be hooked by its simple function and utility.

I ended up buying an SU16C recently as Kel-Tec has impressed me so much with the S2K.

I'm trying out the SU this weekend but it's equally amazing...folds and has a folding stock. $600 out the door NIB!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I drank some cool-ade.......

Picked up a 9mm that uses glock mags for $335 out the door and an extra pro-mag 33rd mag for $28 bucks at the gun show yesterday. I ran 100 rounds through it and can say; I am impressed. I had 2 fte in the 1st 10 rounds with the 10 rd glock mag and NO problems after that with either mag. I cleaned it twice through the 100. it is accurate with the factory sites which do need improved upon. and i intend to inspect Hardshells mount and optic much closer.
It should  be a fun little shooter
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I now pack mine in my luggage for cross state trips with 4-5 33 round mags

It's great to have along with the the G19 and G26 up in the front.
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#42]
My brother bought one that takes the Glock 9mm mags and we have put almost 600+ rounds through it without a hiccup. I think it is time to buy one for myself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Well just bought one ( 9mm Glock mags) at the gun show this weekend.

$200 out the door.

Can't wait to shoot it
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

$200 out the door.

Can't wait to shoot it

You stole it! Great score, you're going to love that little carbine...
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have 2 of them, both of which I love.  Simple, durable, reliable, cheap . . .  Not a showpiece, but not meant to be.    Both 40S&W, Glock mags.  

I got them for $320 including tax back when the world was still sane.

Not as cool as the 10mm MP5, but great value for the money.  Would buy more.

http://www.buy60574.com/100_2073.JPG

What bag are you using for your Sub2K? Does it work/fit as good as it seems in the pic?

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

$200 out the door.

Can't wait to shoot it

You stole it! Great score, you're going to love that little carbine...

Yes, you did.

I have exactly zero need for another one and would buy another at that price this very minute without hesitation or remorse.  

I concur on all counts. Hell, mine was $275 last spring and I jumped on it and I would do it again.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#48]
THe original Sub 9 was better IMO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
THe original Sub 9 was better IMO.

What was better/different
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#50]
More metal less plastic
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top