Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2016 10:36:41 PM EDT
Local Gunshop has some XS Ghostrings for $70. I don't really care for a huge aperture, but I like the white stripe on the front sight. For the money should I give them a try? How adjustable are they? I wasn't impressed with the set we installed on my Brother's Mini 14 Ranch(old style).

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Skinners on two of my Marlins and XS set on a third. I find doing adjustments to be pretty easy. I do
know what you mean about the very big aperture. It took me some time to get use to it and I have used
ghost ring sites for a long time. I have read where some folks have glued a very small piece of tubing
or whatever to reduce the size of the XS aperture.

I haven't tried that only because I am shooting about as good as I can and like how fast I can get on a
dangerous target at close / med range.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Get them. You can get different size apertures and even one with a screw in diopter.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine require a screwdriver to adjust. I set them for a point blank zero and called it good. You're not going to be dialing them to adjust for range in the field.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I like them. As was mentioned, you can get an aperture stem that takes threaded apertures.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Another possibility is a receiver sight such as those from Williams.  Very easily adjusted and the aperature size on some models can be changed.

That said as I've aged I find ghost rings a great help.  I personally prefer XS,
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:11:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get them. You can get different size apertures and even one with a screw in diopter.
View Quote

This. I bought a used set that had the threaded aperature included. Low light however lessens the effectiveness of a small aperature sight picture for me so I stick with a larger one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The front white lined sight is great.  I use it with the factory rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a set on my Guide Gun. I bought it used and they were on it. They work well, fast and precise enough while being durable. I like a bead front better but I haven't felt the need to change it yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top