Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2016 11:01:42 AM EDT
I little new to suppressors, but I have a Silencer co Hybrid waiting on a stamp and I saw these awesome lever actions.  DOes anyone know aceptable tread paterns for the marlin 44 mag  I heard teh barrel may be too thin for the 5/8x36?? and may need M13x1lh, will that work?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask here?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_143/1029861_Barrel_Threading_sale__50__PTR_91__Tavors__Augs__Scar__Sig_MPX__Beretta_21A_Threading__FAL__PAPM92.html&page=26
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Assuming this is a Remington produced 1894, The barrel is plenty big for 5/8 threads. But you need an extension because it's not big enough to have a shoulder.  Your hybrid comes with a 5/8 -24 adapter.

Send it off to Adco or class 3 machining and have an extension installed for 5/8 – 24 threads and you won't have to buy any extra adapters for your hybrid.

The benefit of having an extension made is that you won't have to shorten the magazine tube  or move the barrel band.  At most you will have to move the front sight  behind the barrel band.  Make sure they don't permanently install the extension because depending on how large diameter the shoulder is you might have to remove it if you ever want  to disassemble the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Marlin 1894 44mag suppressed and I had the barrel threaded .578x28.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Marlin 1894 44mag suppressed and I had the barrel threaded .578x28.
View Quote

any pics of it?  I bought a 1894 44g to suppress. I don't have the $$ right now for the work, but would really like some pics. suppressed 44 mag lever guns are hard to find info on. I REALLY want mine shortened to 16.5" from the current 20", and threaded. then install the rail with peep sight,  that uses the rear sight dovetail, as comes on the factory marlins.  love some pics. ESPECIALLY, close up pics of the threading. my fear was the barrel is almost too thin to thread.

I'm trying to get in contact with grizzly custom.... this is what I want when its done.  cut to 16.5", threaded, rail installed, action job, and cerakoted.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top