Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 11:51:53 AM EDT
Hey all,

Ok, I am trying to figure out the best accessoriess to improve my current 1894 layout.

I was interested in what your thoughts on a new iron sight, ive really only looked at the XS Sight Systems ghost ring sight, so feel free to give suggestions. Also if you have the same make of 1894 as me and have XS sights what is the install process like?

I was curious as to a suggested recoil pad. I was mainly looking at the Kick killer lace up or a custom leather one.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 1957 Winchester 30-30..I wouldnt think about touching it with upgrades (mine is sentimental). If you really want to shoot 30-30 id buy something modern. But thats just me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Marbles Tang sight.  Brownells.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Marbles Tang sight.  Brownells.
View Quote

This.

The installation of the marbles tang sight is a non gunsmithing job, so you don't have to alter the rifle in any way.

One thing worth mentioning though is that Brownells doesn't send you the longer screws for the tang, you need to order them separately, you'd think for more than $100 they'd include the screw but they don't.

ETA  Homstead parts has the same sight (marbles) at a considerable cost savings, and with screws and different apertures included.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the receiver drilled and tapped for a side mount receiver sight?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is the receiver drilled and tapped for a side mount receiver sight?
View Quote
If it is, both Lyman and Williams have a sweet receiver sight made especially for it.
Lyman's Model 66 is a nice, clean setup.
Williams' Model 94/36 is also a nice, clean setup that, if you want adjustable sights, their Model 94/26-TK works well.

I have the Williams -TK version on a little Henry 22lr and it works very well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top