Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 3:47:22 PM EDT
Will a drop in trigger work in the MPX or will it be too wide?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a LaRue with no issues
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything from Geissele to LaRue and everything in between has been noted to work just fine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you! I have been wondering this as I want to change the trigger in a newly
acquired MPX but was unsure if a drop in would work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to hijack but I noticed the safety on the MPX was different, could I swap out the safety with no problem?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to hijack but I noticed the safety on the MPX was different, could I swap out the safety with no problem?
View Quote

Any AR safety works too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Any AR safety works too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any AR safety works too.

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the Gen 2 BFS also works:  https://youtu.be/mzlhBSy4NRQ
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone put a Larue MBT-2S into their MPX? I sent an e-mail asking them this question, and the response was that it wouldn't work.  I thought AR compatible triggers work in the SIG MPX's.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone tried a CMC trigger?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Has anyone put a Larue MBT-2S into their MPX? I sent an e-mail asking them this question, and the response was that it wouldn't work.  I thought AR compatible triggers work in the SIG MPX's.
View Quote

Really?

See my post..middle of page:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/690757_LaRue_MBT.html&page=7

And....from the LaRue Forum:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_219/275931_Hey_Larue__MBT_good_to_go_in_the_Sig_MPX_.html

In short..the MBT works perfectly in my MPX....but I just took it out and swapped it with the FA BFS....BFS trigger pull sucks compared with the MPX.  If Binary mode doesn't work perfectly.....I'm gonna reinstall the MBT.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, I asked before reading these threads, and that's the answer I got from Larue's Tech support.

Subject: RE: Form submission from: Product Question

Charlie,

Unfortunately I do not believe they will.

V/R
Brandon
Technical Support
512-260-4513
[email protected]

I figured I get the right answer from the horse's mouth.  Hence the confusion!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the Velocity 4.5lb drop in trigger in mine. I talked to the owner/designer a few times about putting this in the MPX. He highly recommended the 4.5lb "steel" trigger due to its stronger springs. He said it could handle the abuse of the 9mm cartridge.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Curious...

Has anyone tried a Timney drop in, in their MPX?  I've got one in the parts drawer but would rather peddle it than blow it apart...
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#14]
JP  4.0 spring kit for $10 goes a LONG way to making the trigger better. Worth a try for the $$.

-T
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#15]
update velocity did not work properly in  mpx. and per manufacture is not reccomended. on to something else now
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks like the Gen 2 BFS also works:  https://youtu.be/mzlhBSy4NRQ
View Quote

not too bad for a $2K+ sub gun setup..
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Curious...

Has anyone tried a Timney drop in, in their MPX?  I've got one in the parts drawer but would rather peddle it than blow it apart...
View Quote

Anyone?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a CMC flat trigger in mine and it works great!
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Round count?
Any unusual wear on anything?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I've noticed when I swapped in a reworked mil-spec trigger, the "bridge" must be removed to allow the hammer to drop down far enough to get the bolt to function.

Seems to function just fine without it.  BUT...  Will there be issues down the road not having it installed?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

1854 rounds now fired with my MPX and the Larue MBT-2S trigger with zero problems.  The SIG trigger "bridge" will not fit with the MBT, but no problems, no trigger slap, just a MUCH more pleasant and accurate to shoot MPX.  Can see a slight polishing in the finish of the hammer where the carrier pushes back against the hammer as the gun cycles.  Hammer face also looks to have a very slight dimple in it where it hits the firing pin (can see it, but can't feel it with my fingernail).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top