Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2015 11:36:39 PM EDT
Does anyone know how to do this? Do you need a special tool? i've never had a reason to remove the one from my AR so I've never done this before but I'm putting a suppressor on the MPX so it needs to go. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Once I remembered it was left hand threaded, mine came right off with a crescent wrench...
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Left handed metric thread. Righty loosey, lefty tighty.  Regular AR flash hiders will not work without an adapter. Make sure your Can has a metric adapter available. The adapter would be the same as one that is used in the Sig P226.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Seriously? I kinda wonder what they were thinking with the left handed threading.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seriously? I kinda wonder what they were thinking with the left handed threading.
View Quote

Most likely to stay compatible with their barrels that are made for the European market.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Most likely to stay compatible with their barrels that are made for the European market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LH threads also tend not to loosen like 1/2x28RH threads do.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
And people not putting AR15 muzzle devices on a 9mm barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top