Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Posted: 3/12/2014 3:43:18 PM EDT
Is there any current updates when this will be released to the civillian market?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked the sig rep at Shot Show if it would ship in 6 months. He responded merely by laughing....
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Did we go to the same Shot Show? I was at this years (2014) and was told by more than a couple of Sig Sauer reps that they were currently in production and would be for sale in Feb. Feb is no longer and still notta. You think all the reps would have the same exact info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The most solid sounding dates I've heard were April-ish. Emphasis on the -ish.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread is relevant to my interests
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I laughed back at him and told him he was the first honest rep I spoke to all day. He was one of the older guys, maybe someone important.

The younger guys tended to have more of scripted answer to everything.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Sig will be selling them and should see the first one mid April. I know we have some ordered, as far as the pistol is concerned. The carbine/rifle is waiting on ATF approval for muzzle devise.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]
That said, they could wait till the carbine/rifle is ok'ed and do a big release.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It's my understanding that the original carbine with the suppressor baffles (that what they are) will in no way be approved. Sig has now made a  carbine with a perm attached carbon fiber tube.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
That is what I have heard also. The muzzle devise is the issue. Wait and see.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#10]
UNofficial word is that they will start shipping late June, early July. New products are alway an issue with ATF. Got to make 100% sure that the peasants can have them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the design needs to be worked a bit.

Mag from 2013 Shot Show

Mag from 2014 Shot Show

Mag from 2014 IWA

The mag could be the .40/.357 guns.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The mag could be the .40/.357 guns.....
View Quote

If it was, the it would be straight, like Hk's MP5 10/40 mags.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#13]
All the magazines that I saw at the 2014 Shot Show was like the one in the first picture. The newer magazine looks like it is a little thicker towards the top which would make scene as when the magazine was inserted in the MPX, it had a lot of wiggle play, so maybe this corrected that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All the magazines that I saw at the 2014 Shot Show was like the one in the first picture. The newer magazine looks like it is a little thicker towards the top which would make scene as when the magazine was inserted in the MPX, it had a lot of wiggle play, so maybe this corrected that.
View Quote

I spoke to one of the Lancer reps at Shot and basically complained about the cost of the MPX magazines. The rep rolled her eyes and went on a rant about how much R&D went into making the mags work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
With technology these days, I dought there was that much R&D, but yes the mags are way spendy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
With technology these days, I dought there was that much R&D, but yes the mags are way spendy.
View Quote

Still cheaper than German MP5 magazines.

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Surprisingly you'd be wrong. A TON of work was put into getting the mags working as well as they do.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I want one in .40 myself. I would love an SBR one though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm not surprised they are upset over the muzzle device.  I can't recall if the law specifically states "easily convertible" but if it does then it will not be approved for sale,
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess the 556XI's are already starting to hit the shelves and it was just shown for the first time at the 2014 Shot Show, yet the MPX was first shown at the 2013 Shot Show and still nothing. Very frustrating.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I guess the 556XI's are already starting to hit the shelves and it was just shown for the first time at the 2014 Shot Show, yet the MPX was first shown at the 2013 Shot Show and still nothing. Very frustrating.
View Quote

The XI was shown several years ago, shelved, and pulled out for further work last year. It's been in development longer than the MPX.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

They've been hitting snags with the ATF over the muzzle brake/baffle stack.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Shouldn't stop the pistol, which is the one I want then later SBR it.

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:28:26 AM EDT
[#24]
A TON of work was put into getting the mags working as well as they do.
View Quote

I wonder how long it took Lancer to develop these mags vs. how long RRA took to develop the mags for the LAR-40.
How much are the MPX mags supposed to retail for?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wonder how long it took Lancer to develop these mags vs. how long RRA took to develop the mags for the LAR-40.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am hearing MSRP is right around $70.00 for the 10, 20 and 30 rounder.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far lowest advertised I have seen is $60
http://www.riflegear.com/p-3056-sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-10rd-magazine.aspx
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Found some for $54.90, but of course nobody has stock yet.

http://www.eurooptic.com/sig-sauer-accessories-mpx.aspx
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is a pretty good video on the mpx pistol. I just came across it the other day.

Video

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Wonder how easily you could add a stock to the pistol version (after form 1 approval)?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Wonder how easily you could add a stock to the pistol version (after form 1 approval)?
View Quote

I think it would be a piece of cake, given the rail at the rear of the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I wish they wouldn't have put the charging handle where they did.  Ugh.  

I was going to buy one until I saw it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

What wrong about where they put the charging handle? They made the MPX to have the same characteristics as the M4/AR platform for familiarity. I handled one at shot show and it's a pretty awesome little weapon and I can't wait to get one. As far as putting a stock on the pistol after your form 1 is approved is simple, the stock attaches to the rail in the rear just like the other ones.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think it would be a piece of cake, given the rail at the rear of the receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This just screams for the Sig arm brace stock.  Problem solved.

Doc

Oops, just watched the video.....thats what i'm talking about.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What wrong about where they put the charging handle? They made the MPX to have the same characteristics as the M4/AR platform for familiarity. I handled one at shot show and it's a pretty awesome little weapon and I can't wait to get one. As far as putting a stock on the pistol after your form 1 is approved is simple, the stock attaches to the rail in the rear just like the other ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part of it is my dislike for the location.  The piston will cut down on grit getting back to the shooter but I feel it would've been better had it been up front like an mp5.  I honestly don't understand why everything has to be an m4.  It does some things well, others not.  The charging system is one it doesn't do well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Part of it is my dislike for the location.  The piston will cut down on grit getting back to the shooter but I feel it would've been better had it been up front like an mp5.  I honestly don't understand why everything has to be an m4.  It does some things well, others not.  The charging system is one it doesn't do well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, when these finally become available and you get to handle one, you will love it. This has got to my favorite weapon system of all time and I know it's just a pistol caliber. I am 48 years old and current LEO and Army Reserves so I have been around a lot of weapons in my day and this is just sweet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Honest question, how is this better than a properly set up AR?  

I want a pistol caliber carbine and need one like I need a hole in the head.  The Tavor with 9mm conversion looks good too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#37]
The MPX looks like a M4 and MP5 had sex and the MPX was born. It's just a cool little rifle I guess. As far as the Tavor goes, I had one and even though it's a very nice rifle, the bulpup design just isn't for me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I want a pistol caliber carbine and need one like I need a hole in the head.  The Tavor with 9mm conversion looks good too.
View Quote

Can't make an AR this small.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

A 5.56 AR is always the way to go. Better terminal ballistics and range. I have two complete AR's and I am dying to get an MPX. It will be a range toy. The nearest public range is pistol calibers only, so this will get some play time. I'm also digging the idea of mainly stocking one caliber.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Any idea on the price?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I believe msrp is $1,999.00 for the pistol variant, but I saw some sites listed in the $1600.00-1700.00 range.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

With the advancements in PDWs, 5.56 ammo and 300blackout, not alot. One big thing for me was suppression. 9mm sure is quite with 147gr subsonics and a good suppressor. That was the main reason Im SBRing my 9mm AR. However you can get similar supression and better ballistics out of 300BO subsonics. 9mm ammo is cheaper though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I greatly prefer just about every style of side or front charger to the AR style. I like being able to open the action easily with the gun shouldered.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#44]
A little MPX action in the new Sig ammunition video

[youtube]http://youtu.be/5z5INEVwFiE[/youtube]

Video link
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

This beats the tavor IMO.

The tavor is just another shitty blowback design crammed into an existing form factor.   This actually has a locked breach.   It should shoot like a dream, and suppress well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The tavor is just another shitty blowback design crammed into an existing form factor.   This actually has a locked breach.   It should shoot like a dream, and suppress well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't the Tavor piston opperated or is it just the 9mm conversion that is blowback?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Isn't the Tavor piston opperated or is it just the 9mm conversion that is blowback?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the conversion kit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I had a  Tavor and just didn't care for it or the bulpup design. With a 9mm kit, the Tavor really doesn't serve a purpose, to heavy and to large for a subgun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Probably a stupid question but I gave been googling the heck out of it and have not found an answer. Is that hand stop removable?  Is there a place on the handguard for a qd sling attachment?  Can you mount rails to the carbon fiber handguard easily?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Probably a stupid question but I gave been googling the heck out of it and have not found an answer. Is that hand stop removable?  Is there a place on the handguard for a qd sling attachment?  Can you mount rails to the carbon fiber handguard easily?
View Quote

Yes the handstop is removable and they have rails that will attatch to both the aluminum and carbon fiber handguard for mounting flashlights, foreward grip, etc.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top