Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2014 1:33:01 AM EDT
I have a valid CWP (not that it matters in my shop) and now an FFL (as a sole-proprieter)..

My IOI said via phone I need to 'tag' it "Not for Sale".. and log it in/out of my A&D book..

I know personal firearms kept mixed (in the same safe/display) or on display need to be 'tagged' as such.. but a CWP firearm??

The CWP firearm is also going to be ALWAYS on my hip (so to speak)..

I have no other 'personal' firearms AT ALL on the premise (which is a store front)..

What says other FFL's...??? Anyone of you folks ever here of this particular thing?? Should I email the local ATF supervisor and ask the question??

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 2:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had to tag carry weapons working at a store, or know anyone who has.

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard that your carry gun had to be tagged before. Have you talked to their supervisor?  You could always get a replacement barrel that says it's personal around the muzzle. When they wanna see the tag, show them
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of tagging a personal carry weapon either - I've been carrying in my shop for 12 years now without so much as a peep from the IOI. I would continue to carry and wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
It only has to be tagged if it is in store overnight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This actually makes sense to me..

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
ATF doesn't want to come in for a compliance inspection and find guns in inventory/display case/workbench/safe/vault/etc that aren't on your books.

It would appear to them that you aren't logging guns into your bound book.

On the other hand you could make a good argument that all "business" guns have a price tag.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This.

ATF doesn't want to come in for a compliance inspection and find guns in inventory/display case/workbench/safe/vault/etc that aren't on your books.

On the other hand you could make a good argument that all "business" guns have a price tag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Truth...  

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Needs to be tagged as personal if stored with biz guns.  Carrying isn't storing.
Top Top