[#1]
Ford v Chevy
BMW v Mercedes
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I know my Tavor won't cycle right with my can
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've watched most of the video so far. I will say, knowing who he is. He knows more about some/many firearms than I ever will. But that video. With AUG takedown, lack of all the pertinent info was kinda hard to watch.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ford v Chevy
BMW v Mercedes
View Quote
Chevy
BMW
Aug

Fixed it
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've watched most of the video so far. I will say, knowing who he is. He knows more about some/many firearms than I ever will. But that video. With AUG takedown, lack of all the pertinent info was kinda hard to watch.
View Quote
Yep. Knowledge 100% Presentation/Delivery -5% on most of his videos.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had a few beers, but it was difficult to listen to this video. I also died a little on the inside when he said the AUG does not have a forward assist.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:01:51 AM EDT
[#7]
after watching
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#8]
AUG of course, no contest. The A1 version has a forward assist
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
AUG of course, no contest. The A1 version has a forward assist
View Quote
Im pretty sure the others do to you just have to manipulate the charging handle in some fashion if I recall.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
A1 forward assist is the button on the CH.

All other forward assist is folding the CH toward the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I got as far as seeing he couldn't spell Steyr.

Yeah, that bugs me.  Yeah, I know it doesn't mean a guy has no skills.  But if you are putting out a video, article, learn to spell it as part of your research.   If you can't  be bothered with that, I'm going to wonder how hard you tried to familiarize yourself with what you were testing.

From the sound of the comments here, I was right.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I went with an AUG.

nuff said.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I could not watch more than 5 minutes
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Honestly... The idea of having a Tavor died the moment I tried one at the range. My finger kept getting behind the trigger.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chevy
BMW
AUG

Fixed it
View Quote
Winning! 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#16]
"Aug rail too short" (He had no idea that there are other rail options on the A3 m1, or that the A3 or A3 cqc have way more rail space, and yes you do have enough rail space to co- witness w buis etc..)

"Tavor has most of it's weight in the back".....then wouldn't that make it more jumpy ? and guess what it is
 "the Aug's trigger is horrendous".............i disagree
"Tavor more smoother to shoot"......I found that the Aug was far more smoother to shoot then my friends Tavor

"Augs butt plate is more slippery"......it's rubber?????

so many features and benefits to the Aug that most of these vid.s  always miss or ignore

i was counting the days and minutes for the Tavor to be available in the U.S. but was surprised that i didn't like them nearly as much as I love the Aug
i now  own 3 Aug's and soon to own a 4th
never did buy a Tavor and probably wont but to each his own

my 2 cents
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Get Both.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I have theee AUGs (A3 and 2 M1s) and a Tavor SAR.

The Tavor hasn't left the safe since it came out of the box.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I mean really they're far more alike than different. I don't know why this has to be such a A or B type thing. I got the tavor because I got it for a deal. The AUG is on my short list, shit even an FS2000 is on my list. I had one and sold it off a few years before they stopped importing them, I miss it because even though I like it less than either it was still cool as shit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#20]
ALL his points are subjective.

But fails to mention:

1) Steyr AUG: Cold hammer forged barrel by the people that INVENTED cold hammer forging.  Tavor:  meh barrel steel by who knows who?

2) Steyr AUG: 35 years of proven record.

advantage; Steyr.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#21]
And in his 2nd video, where he gets more into the details of the AUG, he's shooting off of his elbows instead of folding the vfg and benching it properly like he does with other guns
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But fails to mention:

1) Steyr AUG: Cold hammer forged barrel by the people that INVENTED cold hammer forging.  Tavor:  meh barrel steel by who knows who?

advantage; Steyr.
View Quote
The barrel point only really is true with the original preban rifles. The neutured ones had Australian barrels if I recall correctly. The saber a3s had button rifled barrels made by saber and the aug a3m1 I'm not sure who makes those but they aren't Steyr.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The barrel point only really is true with the original preban rifles. The neutured ones had Australian barrels if I recall correctly. The saber a3s had button rifled barrels made by saber and the aug a3m1 I'm not sure who makes those but they aren't Steyr.
View Quote
The later A3s and the M1s are FN CHF barrels on Steyr mandrels if my memory serves.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#24]
i thought current US AUG barrels were made by FN on Steyr equipment?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
i thought current US AUG barrels were made by FN on Steyr equipment?
View Quote
Took me a moment to find but apparently they are.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Apparently he can get a little defensive. On his other video I suggested that the "reliability" issues that New Zealand had with their F88 could have been more from manufacture problems than design. He went out of his way to say the LMT is far superior, despite me not mentioning any gun being superior or inferior.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

But fails to mention:

advantage; Steyr.
View Quote
AUG is a fantastic rifle.  Tavor's barrel is CH forged in Israel.  Nothing "meh" about it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#28]
"The narcissism of small differences is the thesis that it is precisely communities with adjoining territories and close relationships that engage in constant feuds and mutual ridicule because of hypersensitivity to details of differentiation."

"In terms of postmodernity, consumer culture has been seen as predicated on the narcissism of small differences to achieve a superficial sense of one's own uniqueness, an ersatz sense of otherness which is only a mask for an underlying uniformity and sameness."

The Narcism of Small Differences (NOSD) is a perennial issue with man's tribal instincts, and is alive and well in the gun community - hence the endless this vs. that debates.

In terms of breakdowns between the AUG and Tavor, they have more in common (combat grade modern bullpup rifles chambered in 5.56 utilizing extensive polymer construction and optimized for ease of use by conscript forces) then they have differences between them.

A basic rundown of the Pro's between them:

Tavor:
-$1500 vs. $1700+ for AUG
-AR15 magazine standard
-Faster reloads due to drop free mag and superior bolt release position
-More accessories aftermarket
-Better factory rail configuration with built in BUIS
-1/7 twist barrel with 1/2x28
-1" shorter then AUG per equal barrel length

AUG:
-Superior neutral balance
- ~2.5" height over bore vs Tavor 3.5"
- Quick change barrel allows it to fit into a 20" backpack
- Greater modularity at the user level (barrel length, ejection side, stock color, different magazines, 9mm conversion, open bolt LMG, etc)
- 20" and 24" barrel option (Tavor max is 18")
- Superior safety for use with winter gloves
- Sleeker appearance and general bragging rights due to rarity
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"The narcissism of small differences is the thesis that it is precisely communities with adjoining territories and close relationships that engage in constant feuds and mutual ridicule because of hypersensitivity to details of differentiation."

"In terms of postmodernity, consumer culture has been seen as predicated on the narcissism of small differences to achieve a superficial sense of one's own uniqueness, an ersatz sense of otherness which is only a mask for an underlying uniformity and sameness."

The Narcism of Small Differences (NOSD) is a perennial issue with man's tribal instincts, and is alive and well in the gun community - hence the endless this vs. that debates.

In terms of breakdowns between the AUG and Tavor, they have more in common (combat grade modern bullpup rifles chambered in 5.56 utilizing extensive polymer construction and optimized for ease of use by conscript forces) then they have differences between them.

Tavor:
-AR15 magazine standard

AUG:
- Greater modularity at the user level (barrel length, ejection side, stock color, different magazines, 9mm conversion, open bolt LMG, etc)
View Quote
I never thought about the crossbolt being better for heavy winter gloves that actually makes sense given austrian alps and such. Agreed on both being good rifles I think there is far less difference between them than say the AR/AK debate.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

AUG is a fantastic rifle.  Tavor's barrel is CH forged in Israel.  Nothing "meh" about it.
View Quote
They also shipped over a equipment to IWI USA so they can hammer forge barrels in the US now too.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
We should ban such posts in the future. This is comparing a BMW to a bicycle and I am thoroughly offended as a Steyr owner.

One thing for sure is IMI will never be the top producer of any kind.

Please don't do this again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Apparently he can get a little defensive. On his other video I suggested that the "reliability" issues that New Zealand had with their F88 could have been more from manufacture problems than design. He went out of his way to say the LMT is far superior, despite me not mentioning any gun being superior or inferior.
View Quote
he told me to fuck off
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Tavor:
-AR15 magazine standard

AUG:
View Quote
Mic Drop material
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top