Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 6:26:11 PM EDT
looking to make the change
any suggestions?

I run a can if that matters, also this is a self defense rifle so I am looking for something that works with a wide variety of ammo.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my TAV-D but i haven't tried anything else.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't go wrong with either the Super Sabra or TAV-D. Stay away from the Timney.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
wow was just looking at timney that was close

thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can't go wrong with either the Super Sabra or TAV-D. Stay away from the Timney.
View Quote

This, either one is a great choice.  I have the Tav-D and love it and the Geissele sounds like it is just as nice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Timney replaced my trigger after having way to many lite strikes causing massive problems. I have not tried the replacement yet :/
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The order I would rank them :

1)TAV-D
2)Geissele
3)Timney

TAV-D is what I am running. It was the first 2 stage trigger to the consumer with the fewest issues / problems to date.
It's material & construction is different than it's main competitor (Geissele) in a positive way. Each trigger is test fired then shipped.

Geissele is the only other 2 stage trigger available from a well known company. They apparently had some launch issues and swapped out some units. It has an added feature of an adjustment screw if that is desirable. It's received positive reviews. It's slightly more expensive than the TAV-D.

The Timney I would pass on because I prefer 2 stage triggers vs a single stage and the Timney has / had the most issues of not being reliable and the jury is still out if they fixed it yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
SILLY RABBIT ,EVERYONR KNOWS IT'S THE TAV-D
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SILLY RABBIT ,EVERYONR KNOWS IT'S THE TAV-D
View Quote

No we don't.  

They are not available right now.  (and my email went un answered)  

Wanted one, but went another route that was actually available so spent the $$ elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Whichever one is "best" is simply a matter of opinion.

TAV-D
+slightly lighter pull
+slightly less expensive

Super Sabra
+adjustable first stage
+better reset

Decide which features are more desirable to you and get that one. I personally went with the Super Sabra.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I HAVE SHOT BOTH ,and own the Tav-D . The Tav-d is cheaper and the trigger parts are made of a far better grade of steel , not much cheaper  MIM parts. In addition the Tav-D trigger feels better .lighter crisper and the reset is fine . Bottom line is at this point the Tav-D is the very best trigger pack available . As far as  availability  ,just get on the waiting list and you will get one . so the answer still is , SILLY RABBIT EVERYONE WHO HAS SHOT BOTH KNOWS THE TAV-D IS IN FACT THE BEST
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#11]
After shooting my Sabra I am very happy with it. It ran perfectly using my saker including ammo with hard primers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After shooting my Sabra I am very happy with it. It ran perfectly using my saker including ammo with hard primers.
View Quote

I'm glad your happy with the Sabra ,you should still shoot a Tav-D and give us your impression of the 2 .
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm glad your happy with the Sabra ,you should still shoot a Tav-D and give us your impression of the 2 .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I have read everyone who has purchased both units prefers the Tav-D . You guys are forgetting the Tav-D is coated with a self lubricant and cleans up just like a fail Zero bolt does. That's an advantage over-all as well. I see no need for the adjustable first stage. Why would you want the pull heavier then it already is?  It's not as though Geissele is the only game in town on a lot of things. Look at what an impression the Hiperfire 24C is making in the 3-Gun Market. Geissele is a great Trigger maker. I have owned several and can't complain. But just because it's Geissele doesn't mean someone else can't do as good or better. After all small aftermarket firearms business's are one of the last frontiers where quality over quantity is still what counts.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From what I have read everyone who has purchased both units prefers the Tav-D . You guys are forgetting the Tav-D is coated with a self lubricant and cleans up just like a fail Zero bolt does. That's an advantage over-all as well. I see no need for the adjustable first stage. Why would you want the pull heavier then it already is?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I have read everyone who has purchased both units prefers the Tav-D . You guys are forgetting the Tav-D is coated with a self lubricant and cleans up just like a fail Zero bolt does. That's an advantage over-all as well. I see no need for the adjustable first stage. Why would you want the pull heavier then it already is?  

Not knowing when the tav-d was going to be available again made the choice for me.  Several months ago I decided the tav-d and sabra were the two to try, and being a toss up, I decided to buy the one that was actually available first.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

TAV-D
+slightly lighter pull
+slightly less expensive

Super Sabra
+adjustable first stage
+better reset

Decide which features are more desirable to you and get that one. I personally went with the Super Sabra.
View Quote

Fixed it for you~

TAV-D
+slightly lighter pull
+slightly less expensive

Super Sabra
+adjustable first stage
+DIFFERENT reset

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I have never shot the TAV-D. I bought one of the first Geisseles on the market and have had zero issues. The reset is utter perfection and the overall operation is very smooth. Today I ran my Super Sabra equipped Tavor sporting a RDS and Savvy Sniper sling in a carbine course. I managed faster reloads and at least equal accuracy and speed with the next best shooter in the course. 800 rds and counting with no problems. This rifle is going to replace my KAC M4s as my "go to" rifle even though I love the M4 platform. This rifle is that good and a big part of it is the Super Sabra.

Try both if you can before buying. I'd love to try a TAV-D but I can't imagine much room for improvement over Geissele's offering.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#17]
no problems with the new timney in 556 and 9mm conversion
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have never shot the TAV-D. I bought one of the first Geisseles on the market and have had zero issues. The reset is utter perfection and the overall operation is very smooth. Today I ran my Super Sabra equipped Tavor sporting a RDS and Savvy Sniper sling in a carbine course. I managed faster reloads and at least equal accuracy and speed with the next best shooter in the course. 800 rds and counting with no problems. This rifle is going to replace my KAC M4s as my "go to" rifle even though I love the M4 platform. This rifle is that good and a big part of it is the Super Sabra.

Try both if you can before buying. I'd love to try a TAV-D but I can't imagine much room for improvement over Geissele's offering.
View Quote
3 guys now have bought both and are selling their Geissele. There's one tright now in the Bullpup forum. And lets be fair. Geissele couldn't improve on the Tav_d which was out first. They are both sweet triggers. I have both in separate Tavors: I don't feel there is a better between the 2.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Tav-D owner here, no reason to look at anything else.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered a Tav D just now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I am guessing the Geissele listed at the bullpup forum is the same one posted here for sale -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_47/1359571_F_S__Geissele_Super_Sabra_for_Tavor.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I got my Tav-D, It appears to be perfect.  It is sweet!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Funny, I just got my Geissele and think the same thing of it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I HAVE SHOT BOTH ,and own the Tav-D . The Tav-d is cheaper and the trigger parts are made of a far better grade of steel , not much cheaper  MIM parts. In addition the Tav-D trigger feels better .lighter crisper and the reset is fine . Bottom line is at this point the Tav-D is the very best trigger pack available . As far as  availability  ,just get on the waiting list and you will get one . so the answer still is , SILLY RABBIT EVERYONE WHO HAS SHOT BOTH KNOWS THE TAV-D IS IN FACK THE BEST
View Quote

What's a "fack"?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What's a "fack"?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I HAVE SHOT BOTH ,and own the Tav-D . The Tav-d is cheaper and the trigger parts are made of a far better grade of steel , not much cheaper  MIM parts. In addition the Tav-D trigger feels better .lighter crisper and the reset is fine . Bottom line is at this point the Tav-D is the very best trigger pack available . As far as  availability  ,just get on the waiting list and you will get one . so the answer still is , SILLY RABBIT EVERYONE WHO HAS SHOT BOTH KNOWS THE TAV-D IS IN FACK THE BEST

What's a "fack"?  

THERE YA GO FIXED
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Just buy one.  Seriously, just pick one and buy it.  I went with the Geissele, because I have several of their other triggers and they're fucking excellent.

Whichever one you pick, you're probably never going to to shoot the other one, so you can just assume the one you chose suits you better.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#27]
If your interest is Shooting offhand using a Red Dot both packs are so close it's nearly impossible to feel and difference. If you in addition want to make your trigger heavier then buy the geissele. If you plan on doing some accuracy shooting at distance with a Scope. The Tav-D does have a Shorter crisper lighter pull. It would work slightly better for long distance shots or shooting for accuracy. Other then those 2 differences they are equal: Either one will do you just fine.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I have played with both and went with the Geissele.  
I felt the Geissele had a slightly cleaner 2nd stage break and a shorter reset.  Riding the reset was easier with the Geissele.   Overall, the Tav-D was smoother - not as mushy in he first stage; but, I really wanted that short reset and very crisp second stage break.  If I get a second Tavor set up for 300BLK or a match barrel  -  It will get a TAV-D
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I think a "blind" test at the next big bullpup shoot would be excellent.

Set up a table on the firing line and let people come shoot both triggers "Pepsi Challenge" style.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If your interest is Shooting offhand using a Red Dot both packs are so close it's nearly impossible to feel and difference. If you in addition want to make your trigger heavier then buy the geissele. If you plan on doing some accuracy shooting at distance with a Scope. The Tav-D does have a Shorter crisper lighter pull. It would work slightly better for long distance shots or shooting for accuracy. Other then those 2 differences they are equal: Either one will do you just fine.
View Quote

I also have both and agree that it's nearly impossible to feel any difference; both are great triggers.

The most significant difference for me ... like the factory trigger, the Tav-D can be removed with the slight assistance of a bullet, and then reinserted by hand with light thumb pressure on the pins.

The Geissele (at least mine) requires a drive pin punch and light hammer blows to remove the pins.  When reinstalling the trigger, the most rearward pin can be inserted by hand, but again, the front pin requires gentle hammer blows, even after it's been "started".  

Anyone else have this experience with their Geissele?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I also have both and agree that it's nearly impossible to feel any difference; both are great triggers.

The most significant difference for me ... like the factory trigger, the Tav-D can be removed with the slight assistance of a bullet, and then reinserted by hand with light thumb pressure on the pins.

The Geissele (at least mine) requires a drive pin punch and light hammer blows to remove the pins.  When reinstalling the trigger, the most rearward pin can be inserted by hand, but again, the front pin requires gentle hammer blows, even after it's been "started".  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine goes in fine. It takes a little more pressure than the stock trigger, but you don't need a punch or hammer by any means.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I had to send my Timney Replacement back because it didnt work as advertised...
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had to send my Timney Replacement back because it didnt work as advertised...
View Quote

Was it a Gen 1 or a Gen 2?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Got the gen 2 Timney and it works perfect with no issues whatsoever. Sorry haters....  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Keep it stock. It's a battle rifle with a battle trigger. Learn to shoot well with the stock trigger and wait for the superior and cheaper trigger replacement after a few years if needed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Since "battle" is not on the agenda, and I plan to shoot paper, a match trigger is appropriate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Keep it stock. It's a battle rifle with a battle trigger. Learn to shoot well with the stock trigger and wait for the superior and cheaper trigger replacement after a few years if needed.
View Quote

Its a semi auto version of the select fire battle rifle with a heavy trigger.

"Battle" triggers on US service rifles have been 7bs or less for the last 100 years.
You might get lucky and remove the reset  / return spring and get an 8lb trigger on a stock Tavor.

A TAV-D , Geissele or Timney just mimic what a normal US service rifle trigger pull has been for the last century.
If you like a heavy trigger or don't know the difference then the stock trigger is fine. For people that are use to US service rifle any of the other triggers are a MUCH better option.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Keep it stock. It's a battle rifle with a battle 18 year-old conscript trigger.
View Quote

FIFY.

Pure cost/benefit analysis.  Take 350 bucks worth of ammo, burn it practicing shooting your Tavor with the stock trigger.  You aren't going to see the same benefit in practical accuracy that one of the good aftermarket triggers is gonna get you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#42]
I noticed Shooting sight had TAV D aluminum housing triggers in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top