Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2011 2:58:36 PM EDT
Last week Ratworx didn't have "any" E4 for sale. This week they have two styles (limited stock on hand) of E4's in 5.56 and they show some E4's in 5.45  I wonder if MSAR is just releasing a few "old stock" a few at a time to Ratworx.

MadDog
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone buy the 5.45 kit so we can figure out the firing pin problem
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Old stock, I talked to Ratworx and MSAR a few weeks ago, this is basically all old parts thrown together from what was left of the caliber conversion guns.

I asked the MSAR guy over the phone if they were going to be making new guns and the guy snickered and said "I don't think so".
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Old stock, I talked to Ratworx and MSAR a few weeks ago, this is basically all old parts thrown together from what was left of the caliber conversion guns.

I asked the MSAR guy over the phone if they were going to be making new guns and the guy snickered and said "I don't think so".

Wow...  That sucks.  I'm a Steyr guy, but it seems like manufacturers are falling fast these days.

Back during the Obama panic, who woulda thought this is where we would be a few years later?

Link Posted: 6/9/2011 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Happens all the time, Bubbles must burst.  Housing, Guns, Stocks, Gold....
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What a shame..... I really love my E4 OD Green that I got back in '09 during their Christmas Sale. Waited until March to actually get my rifle but man.... It's one sweet piece of kit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Well luckily or unluckily (however you look at it I guess) MSAR and Steyr made a lot of rifles and parts.

I mean we're still way better then we were in 2006 .

Our rifles have all come up in price now.  I guess that's a positive.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got e-mail from ratworx last week saying that they were ramping up for a new production run, and that Ratworx was committed to the platform. Is this just hype to sell trhe remaining stock?
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 4:40:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just got e-mail from ratworx last week saying that they were ramping up for a new production run, and that Ratworx was committed to the platform. Is this just hype to sell trhe remaining stock?

Depends on what the location is on the receiver, if it says NC then they will be new production, if they say PA then they are just putting out old stock. Would you mind posting this email here?
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#9]
It is not hype.  I'll leave it to Ratworx to say anything more.

Sven
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#10]
What is the reason MSAR refers to the rifle as E4-556 and the barrels marked 556 but yet the receiver is engraved 223 not 556 just curious ?
Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on what the location is on the receiver, if it says NC then they will be new production, if they say PA then they are just putting out old stock. Would you mind posting this email here?

Dear  XXXXX,

MSAR  is still building rifles,   we are waiting for the next shipment now.   We do still have some  E4s  in stock as well.   We are committed to the  MSAR rifle,  we stock all the parts we can,  and we sell all sorts of  accessories for these guns.   If  you are concerned about parts,  we can set your mind at ease about a number of  parts- I will point you to our  website to check on the  Hybrid  bolts,  right hand and left hand which we manufacture.   These use  AR parts (extractor,  ejector, springs, pins )  to greatly  ease the maintenance of  these fine rifles. There are also other parts and accessories  you will find on the website,  www.ratworxusa.com  .  

MSAR  is  also  working on the MCS (Modular Carbine  System ) to be built in  9mm, .40 S&W,   .45 ACP,    10mm,    .357  SIG,  and   .45 GAP.     This  is a major commitment on their part.   They are in this  for the  duration.     If  you wish,  you may call us  for more information  or to  place your  order  for  an  E4  when you are ready.    We will help where we can,  please  advise.   We are at  1-815-734-7346.

Regards,
Chris                                                              

Link Posted: 7/4/2011 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear  XXXXX,

MSAR  is still building rifles,   we are waiting for the next shipment now.   We do still have some  E4s  in stock as well.   We are committed to the  MSAR rifle,  we stock all the parts we can,  and we sell all sorts of  accessories for these guns.   If  you are concerned about parts,  we can set your mind at ease about a number of  parts- I will point you to our  website to check on the  Hybrid  bolts,  right hand and left hand which we manufacture.   These use  AR parts (extractor,  ejector, springs, pins )  to greatly  ease the maintenance of  these fine rifles. There are also other parts and accessories  you will find on the website,  www.ratworxusa.com  .  

MSAR  is  also  working on the MCS (Modular Carbine  System ) to be built in  9mm, .40 S&W,   .45 ACP,    10mm,    .357  SIG,  and   .45 GAP.     This  is a major commitment on their part.   They are in this  for the  duration.     If  you wish,  you may call us  for more information  or to  place your  order  for  an  E4  when you are ready.    We will help where we can,  please  advise.   We are at  1-815-734-7346.

Regards,
Chris                                                              

Interesting....... Ratworx sent this email too hmmmmmmm guess its time to speculate once again haha
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
It'd be good news for all of us if MSAR stays in the game.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
MSAR shouldn't waste their time on the 45 GAP for the MCS. It's nearly a dead cartridge.

My .02
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Several state police agencies use the GAP.  They could corner the market on carbine sales to them, as no one else is making them.  It is a niche, but they could own the niche.  

Quoted:

MSAR shouldn't waste their time on the 45 GAP for the MCS. It's nearly a dead cartridge.

My .02

Link Posted: 7/4/2011 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Several state police agencies use the GAP.  They could corner the market on carbine sales to them, as no one else is making them.  It is a niche, but they could own the niche.  
Quoted:

My .02

And that's about the only market they'll have.

Link Posted: 7/5/2011 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Doom gloomers were being real drags these past few months. If I've learned anything posting here all the time it's that you've got to take predictions about the future on this website with a big old grain of salt either way good or bad, but I'm an optimist.

Economy stinks.  We've been weathering through it as best we can here though and we've even made some gains as a community during it. Not bad.
Link Posted: 7/5/2011 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#18]
One thing I have to say is that I am honest surprised that MSAR hasnt gone down all together. There are several companies that have completely tanked, even though MSAR is having obvious issues, maybe they are hiding in the bushes like Steyr for the economy to come back, then again this is just me speculating who knows thats going to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top