User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2009 10:39:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#1]
pm sent
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, tempting. I think I might just pick up an E4 rifle though and keep my STG-556 as is. Love those 42-round magazines.

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
will they release a stg stock that fits the e4? that will interchange
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
No thanks! I spent $2100 on a limited edition and dont feel like spending more money on this rifle. $425 will buy a ton of extra STG mags.
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
So will there be slightly used STG stocks available at a good price soon? I would not mind getting a spare in another color.
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So will there be slightly used STG stocks available at a good price soon? I would not mind getting a spare in another color.

Now there's an idea! I'm happy w/my original STG's (another fan of the 42rd mag) and wouldn't mind picking up a spare stock or two as spares!
Tomac

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Well this is good news.  Solved my dilema.  I wanted an E4 but I don't have the $$$ for one right now and I really didn't need 2 MSARs.  Now I'll just have to unload my STG-556 mags (six 30rd and one 42 rd).   I hope to get the 7.62x39 conversion in the future as well.  Anyone know if the AR Beta C-mags will fit in the E4?
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Any of you guys getting the conversion that may wish to get rid of your STG mags hit me up and we will see what kind of deal we can work out. I will leave my rifle in its original shape and stock but I may be interested in an extra stock if they ae available.    
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 If anyone wants to dump their STG mags let me know. Stocks as well.

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
that is my thoughts as well $ 425 is alot of stg mags or money to a conversion to 6.8 spc, but being able to use all my p mags with my 6920 and my stg is a plus as well. Also I am not sure if I am ready to give up my 42 round mags either.
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
hurray on tan or ultra desert recon...  check out remington, they know how to name things....  lol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 4:54:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Why the extra $100 for AUG's and AXR's?  They require extra fitting?
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good question!!

The E4 stocks have the same square cross pin as the AUGs do, I wouldn't think any mods have to be done to the receivers for them to fit.

I'm guessing since no stock is traded in the price for the stock and pack and test firing is $525.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#16]
So I understand different barrels are installed in the E4 conversions?

I noticed the barrel threading is 1/2"x28 on the E4s.

Can these barrels be bought separate and installed in a GenIV Rifle? Or even trade in my 16" perhaps?

I'm wanting to mount my M4-02, but I'd like to mount it directly to the barrel, without an adapter if I can.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

So I understand different barrels are installed in the E4 conversions? No, just a really cool stock that uses AR mags
I noticed the barrel threading is 1/2"x28 on the E4s. Yes, all E4's have 1/2x28 muzzle threads

Can these barrels be bought separate and installed in a GenIV Rifle?   Yes, 16" and 20" barrels are $550 with 1/2x28  muzzle threads  Or even trade in my 16" perhaps?

I'm wanting to mount my M4-02, but I'd like to mount it directly to the barrel, without an adapter if I can.  

We will switch out the stocks, but we won't be able to trade out used barrels.

Gotcha. I thought it was an entire upgrade package, judging by the GenIV-E4 differences posted somewhere.

Maybe I worded it wrong, but I was not looking for a even trade out between a used barrel and a new one.

I was just wondering if a partial upgrade (just the barrel, if that was part of it) could be done.
I'll be off to Rat Worx then for an adapter.

Link Posted: 8/11/2009 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What can are you looking to run?  Several of the suppressor companies now offer a flash hider in M13x1L.

M4-02, with standard 1/2"x28 threading.

Link Posted: 8/11/2009 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They require no fitting, the AUG receiver drops right in for the most part.  However we don't want the AUG & USR stocks.  We are going to sell some "trade in" stocks and use the rest for special projects.

Gotcha... and you would have to also provide the hammer pack and buttplate, since the AUG buttplate won't fit on the new stock.  So that begs the question... Will the squared-lock STG stocks fit on the AUG without fitting?  I'm happy with the NATO stock on my AXR, but if I could pick up a STG stock to have the ability to use AUG/STG mags, that might be compelling.  

I was going to go the USR stock route at one point, but by the time I had it coated to the color I wanted it wouldn't be cost effective.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They require no fitting, the AUG receiver drops right in for the most part.  However we don't want the AUG & USR stocks.  We are going to sell some "trade in" stocks and use the rest for special projects.

Gotcha... and you would have to also provide the hammer pack and buttplate, since the AUG buttplate won't fit on the new stock.  So that begs the question... Will the squared-lock STG stocks fit on the AUG without fitting?  I'm happy with the NATO stock on my AXR, but if I could pick up a STG stock to have the ability to use AUG/STG mags, that might be compelling.  

I was going to go the USR stock route at one point, but by the time I had it coated to the color I wanted it wouldn't be cost effective.

Yes

Oh my.    PM on the way.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#24]
edit
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#25]
If you have MSAR mags to sell, let me know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Sign me up for a Tan one when they are ready.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#27]
this is something i might do down the line when i get my A3
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Sending mine in today !!!!!!!!!!

I've got mags for sale....who wants them ???

Link Posted: 8/13/2009 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We can also provide this service to any  Steyr USR, AUG A1, A2, A3 or TPD. You have to ship your complete functioning rifle to us and we will test fire before conversion.  We will ship ALL of your original parts back to you.  There will be no modification to the gun and the price is $525 shipped and insured UPS ground.  Includes 1 XM30 30 round magazine.

Just wondering, why would someone change out the stock on a TPD?  Are they not setup for STANAG mags as they sit?
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can also provide this service to any  Steyr USR, AUG A1, A2, A3 or TPD. You have to ship your complete functioning rifle to us and we will test fire before conversion.  We will ship ALL of your original parts back to you.  There will be no modification to the gun and the price is $525 shipped and insured UPS ground.  Includes 1 XM30 30 round magazine.

Just wondering, why would someone change out the stock on a TPD?  Are they not setup for STANAG mags as they sit?

because TPD's steyr NATO stocks cannot be used by left handed people (no left side stock port)
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
because TPD's steyr NATO stocks cannot be used by left handed people (no left side stock port)

I never realized that, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never realized that, thanks for the info!

I never knew that either. That sucks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm ready to send the PM and the rifle as soon get confirmation on more thing. Combining several threads into one question that I think has been answered but I want to be sure:

If I get my A3 converted to E4 configuration, will I definitely be able to swap in the 6.8 barrel assembly and bolt when they are available separately (assuming they will be)? The same question for the 7.62x39? Will it function as reliably as if it were originally built in those calibers? In other words, the ports, springs, and other parts in the bolt and barrel assemblies would (theoretically) be included in the conversion package and a converted E4 would accept them the same as a purpose built E4 in those calibers. Right?

This is important because, if the answer is no, I'll sell my A3 and buy the 6.8 E4 and wait for a 5.56 NATO conversion for it.

Thanks,

Kerry
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm ready to send the PM and the rifle as soon get confirmation on more thing. Combining several threads into one question that I think has been answered but I want to be sure:

If I get my A3 converted to E4 configuration, will I definitely be able to swap in the 6.8 barrel assembly and bolt when they are available separately (assuming they will be)? The same question for the 7.62x39? Will it function as reliably as if it were originally built in those calibers? In other words, the ports, springs, and other parts in the bolt and barrel assemblies would (theoretically) be included in the conversion package and a converted E4 would accept them the same as a purpose built E4 in those calibers. Right?

This is important because, if the answer is no, I'll sell my A3 and buy the 6.8 E4 and wait for a 5.56 NATO conversion for it.

Thanks,

Kerry

The conversion changes the stock, not the receiver so MSAR bbls, conversion or otherwise, probably won't work in your A3.
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#35]
And if they did work, any problems wouldn't be covered under warranty from Steyr
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#36]
We can still hope though.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Warranty issues aside, will caliber conversions for the E4 be AUG/AXR compatible?

I will get back to you on this.  It is a possibility.  We are about to make some bad ass barrels!

Link Posted: 8/16/2009 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

Kerry

The conversion changes the stock, not the receiver so MSAR bbls, conversion or otherwise, probably won't work in your A3.

I used the wrong terminology, Sorry. I have a late model STG-556 without the forward assist. What is the proper way to refer to that? I've never been sure.

Anyway, given that, will the conversions in my question work?
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Dave,  if we order the conversion will you deal on a 20 inch barrel ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top