BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 72
Posted: 5/15/2009 3:59:13 AM EDT
From my thread here:
http://www.charlesdalyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2169

We are working on it. It will have to be made in the US as it cannot be imported.

But we are definitely working on it and that is all I can say for now.

Manufacturers, Importers and Distributors of Charles Daly and other fine firearms.

www.CharlesDaly.com
www.CharlesDalyDefense.com
www.CharlesDalyForum.com

Charles Daly is already importing the IMI 1911.

Edit to add a resource for those who don't know what the TAVOR is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavor_TAR-21

Wes

EDIT TO ADD Pics:

PMag Compatiable:

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 4:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 5:35:20 AM EDT
[#2]
This has potential.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, wasn't there another company who tried to get this off the ground before & got screwed in the process?
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Think it was Barreta that tried to do it.

I emailed them saying that I support them and will buy one.

Also told them about Kel Tec selling their 308 bullpup and having a large backorder because its less then 1500 dollars.

Told them as long as its a sub 2000 dollar gun, they are good to go.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Think it was Barreta that tried to do it.

I emailed them saying that I support them and will buy one.

Also told them about Kel Tec selling their 308 bullpup and having a large backorder because its less then 1500 dollars.

Told them as long as its a sub 2000 dollar gun, they are good to go.

Barrett
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Barrett at the beginning, BUT Taurus was also rumored to have been given licenses from IMI.  Very interesting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll take one in 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Opleezopleezopleezopleez––––
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Barrett at the beginning, BUT Taurus was also rumored to have been given licenses from IMI.  Very interesting.

From everything I've read, the only way for them to be released to the masses in compliance with US laws, prodution of the weapon must be done in the US or the masses will be forced to settle for an extreamly watered down version.

Taurus does it's manufacturing in Brazil so they are out based on the above.  Wiki does list them as being in the process of taking on manufacturing/sales of rifles for Brazil.

Charles Daly is now "manufacturing" there own line of AR's so they do have some US rifle production in place already.

Wes

Maybe it's the new Ruger?
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I shot one of these in 2006.  I found the integration of the optic and the selector switch to be innovative.  However, they are an ergonomic nightmare, especially when it comes to magazine changes.

No thanks . . . I'll stick with an M16/AR or a SIG 556.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd buy one as long as it is reasonable.  Unfortunatly we probably won't see it for years though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Charles Daly is a custom firearms guy isn't he? I didn't know he was producing AR's in mass or capable of doing the Tavor?

Taurus purchased the Tavor License for military sale in Brazil. They may not under their license agreement be able to sell anywhere outside of Brazil.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd buy one as long as it is reasonable.  Unfortunatly we probably won't see it for years though.

Yes, my guess would be that if they are in serious talks right now it will be at least two years before you can find them for sale.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I shot one of these in 2006.  I found the integration of the optic and the selector switch to be innovative.  However, they are an ergonomic nightmare, especially when it comes to magazine changes.

http://photosfromclarksylvania.smugmug.com/photos/193298094_eTaSe-M-1.jpg

What didn't you like about the magazine release?

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://photosfromclarksylvania.smugmug.com/photos/193298094_eTaSe-M-1.jpg

From what I've read online the mag release has been redesigned in the last few years.

Wes

Edit:
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150391
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Bring it on!  More bullpups = more better!
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Charles Daly is a custom firearms guy isn't he? I didn't know he was producing AR's in mass or capable of doing the Tavor?

Taurus purchased the Tavor License for military sale in Brazil. They may not under their license agreement be able to sell anywhere outside of Brazil.

Charles Daly is not a 'he' it is just a  brand name.

Michael Kassnar is the president of Charles Daly, he was big on the import scene back inthe 80's and 90's, and so far he has done an excellent job of listening to customers onwhat they want on the weapons CD currenlty is offering (you can talk to him direct on their forums, and he routinely asks members for input.)

They are doing 1911's and also AR's right now, and have lots of good contacts in Israel (most of their 1911 parts and complete 1911's are built by BUL in Israel).

I would expect it to be several years at least before they could bringa  Tavor into production here in the U.S., but I think if anyone has the contacts and drive to do it, Mr. Kassnar is the one to pull it off.

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know if I would get too worked up about this just yet folks.

"We are working on it." Could mean he's working on it not that IWI is "working on it."  

I googled this and saw an older forum post that he made that suggested that IWI didn't even have the U.S. market on their radar when he was talking to them with their focus on trying to fill IDF and foreign military contracts.

I'm not exactly sure why those orders would prevent them from doing a license agreement to get the whole thing produced here in the U.S., but that would be an expensive venture for whoever took that one up. I don't get the sense that will happen any other way though right now. I don't see IWI doing parts there in Israel to ship over to the U.S. right now on a rifle they are struggling to produce to fill IDF contracts and others right now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2009 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bring it on!  More bullpups = more better!

Link Posted: 5/16/2009 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Mr. Kassner popped up on The High Road a year or so back, and impressed quite a few people by asking/answering lots of questions, and seeming extremely earnest about gathering input from the forums.

I'd say that this bit of news is the best possible chance we've ever seen for getting Tavors in this country.  Kassner knows what he's doing, and it sounds like we may very well finally have the opportunity to buy them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
IWI should sell him the license to make the Tavor. They could restrict the license agreement if they wanted to a period of years so that if they after so many years decided that they themselves wanted to do production here in the U.S. they could, but in the meantime while they're busy churning out Tavors for the IDF and other nations they could bring in another stream of profit from their license agreement. Make it a fair deal by giving CD the license at a cost that reflects the limited period of the agreement to make it worth their wild so that they can turn a good profit and everybody wins.

They could also restrict CD's market to just the United States if they wanted.

Link Posted: 5/16/2009 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I do want one as well.

A Tavor would be a nice addition to the collection.

Max
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Would buy as long as it stays sub $2500.00  

Link Posted: 5/17/2009 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They'd have to work out a way for them to be cheaper than the Canadian Tavors since from what I have heard those are around $3K right now.

I like the Tavor, but the more over $2,300 it got the harder it would be for me to justify its purchase when we have so many less expensive alternatives.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'd have to work out a way for them to be cheaper than the Canadian Tavors since from what I have heard those are around $3K right now.

I like the Tavor, but the more over $2,300 it got the harder it would be for me to justify its purchase when we have so many less expensive alternatives.

The canadian variant includes a Meprolight M21 Reflex Sight and a longer barrel so it can qualify as a hunting rifle under canadian law.  I think they also have some kind of tax on the manufacture that's lot more than in the US.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I would buy it for around $1,000.  It's neat, but it's not that neat.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The canadian variant includes a Meprolight M21 Reflex Sight and a longer barrel so it can qualify as a hunting rifle under canadian law.  I think they also have some kind of tax on the manufacture that's lot more than in the US.

Wes

Ahhh, well that helps explain some of the cost. Who the hell comes up with the crazy gun laws in this world? Not one of them makes any damn sense.

Link Posted: 5/17/2009 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I would buy it for around $1,000.  It's neat, but it's not that neat.

Well if that is your budget I don't think we have to worry about you buying *any* bullpup in the near future!
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that $3K Canadian? if so that is $2542 and change, US dollars, right now. Knock the price of the Meprolight off there and it's right in the ballpark.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#30]
id buy one if it was in the 1500-2000$ range  would be awesome if they could make it happen
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I would love one, but I'm not holding my breath. But then again the SCAR's did make it here didn't they, but at a retardedly high price. m4whore
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that $3K Canadian? if so that is $2542 and change, US dollars, right now. Knock the price of the Meprolight off there and it's right in the ballpark.

Possible can't remember if the guy giving the price was giving it in Canadian or U.S?

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#33]
1500 to 2000 MSRP

1300-1700 dealer price.

I say thats a good range for them to shoot for, otherwise ... no one will be too interested.

If they can get it at 1500, then they will destroy all the other .223 bullpups markets.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I've heard rumors that U.S. companies already make some of the parts for the Tavor, but that could be B.S.

Depending on whether that is true though they could just have the expense of barrels and receivers here in the U.S. with the other compliance parts already being built here by subcontractors for IWI. That would keep the investment in tooling up at a minimum and be a good thing in keeping the MSRP down.

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#35]
would be nice if that rumor was true , would make it alot easier to get it the whole thing made state side
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#36]
it is true. IWI doesn't have the capacity to make all the parts in Israel. and IWI rep told me that.

I've been trying to get one of the Canook ones imported for a year now. But no one wants to let go of one.

come on CD. give me my Tavor!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
it is true. IWI doesn't have the capacity to make all the parts in Israel. and IWI rep told me that.

I've been trying to get one of the Canook ones imported for a year now. But no one wants to let go of one.

I've always heard that a condition of their grants from the U.S. is that they spend a certain percentage of the money with U.S. companies. You import what you can from IWI, have their subcontractors send parts to a shop here in the U.S. that could contract with someone to do the barrels and do the receiver themselves with a good CNC machine then you assemble them slap on an MSRP of say $1,900 and  you're good to go.
Magazines are already STANAG U.S. GI-Mags so you can count that and just send a warning notice not to use HK mags or other foreign produce magazines. The new Magpul E-Mags were made to fit with the Tavor.  

Release the prototype at SHOT 2010 ship by fall 2010. Market it as the service rifle of the IDF combat proven in the most hostile land on earth now ready to defend your home. By the last day of SHOT you would have found enough distributors to sell every single one you could produce as fast as you could produce it. You'd get bullpup guys, American Jews, Pro-Isreal supporters, and old IMI/IWI fans buying them up like crazy.

Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I would buy one in heart beat if we could. Hell, if the Canucks can have them, we should be able to also. At the moment the AUG and SCARs are selling at or above msrp, and selling quickly, I don't see why they couldn't get whatever they wanted to ask for the tavor. If we still have/ or there is another AWB scare in 2010, the public has proven we will pay top dollar for our guns when we think they maybe taken from us, and another scare would pull top dollar on the tavor. I want a SCAR but I am trying to wait until the prices drop down around the "sane" range.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always heard that a condition of their grants from the U.S. is that they spend a certain percentage of the money with U.S. companies. You import what you can from IWI, have their subcontractors send parts to a shop here in the U.S. that could contract with someone to do the barrels and do the receiver themselves with a good CNC machine then you assemble them slap on an MSRP of say $1,900 and  you're good to go.
Magazines are already STANAG U.S. GI-Mags so you can count that and just send a warning notice not to use HK mags or other foreign produce magazines. The new Magpul E-Mags were made to fit with the Tavor.  

Release the prototype at SHOT 2010 ship by fall 2010. Market it as the service rifle of the IDF combat proven in the most hostile land on earth now ready to defend your home. By the last day of SHOT you would have found enough distributors to sell every single one you could produce as fast as you could produce it. You'd get bullpup guys, American Jews, Pro-Isreal supporters, and old IMI/IWI fans buying them up like crazy.

"By becoming a Platinum Partner with Hagee Ministries, we will include the proverbial Sword of the Holy Land, annointed with CLP oil and test fired into a target of the Anti-Christ himself.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"Working on it" means that KBI and IWI are working on it together.

The gun will be manufactured in the US and it won't take two years. Several posters in this thread are correct in that many of the parts are already manufactured here under FMS.

The price will be where it needs to be!

More than that I cannot say at this time.

Excellent.

Thanks for the update and confirming the rumors about the U.S. made parts. The sooner it is brought to market the sooner folks like myself can start buying them up.  MSAR has been very successful and Steyr sold every AUG A3 they had slotted in their first run at an amazing speed. Bullpup market is very hungry right now.

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The gun will be manufactured in the US and it won't take two years. Several posters in this thread are correct in that many of the parts are already manufactured here under FMS.

Good news
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Charles Daly rawks!

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I would buy one if not 2 just make sure that it has a 1/7 twist barrel with a 5.56 chamber and chrome lined bore and chamber, I would have to cry if this rifle was made here only to be a neutered copy of the orrigionals.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Great, then I will have a Tavor to put my IDF MARS sight on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the update and count me in the future owners camp!
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks again for the update!

Wes
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd like to see the Tavor here, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update, I'm there with sheckels in hand!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks for the news.  I too am another very eager purchaser for one.  Heck, I'd probably dump part of my collection if the price is "SCAR-level" to make it happen!

When you finish with the Tavor, go ahead and import some more Dragunovs, k?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top