Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 11:35:43 AM EDT
Hi Folks,

I am getting into loading for the .357 Sig, and have a bunch of N350, which has been a great powder for me in other cartridges, and it looks like it has some good numbers for this one as well.  I am wondering whether anyone has seen any loads listed in older manuals that give powder weights for this caliber, as I know Vihtavuori has nerfed their listed data for other calibers, like the .45 ACP.  Using those old numbers was how I got the 230gr bullet to the velocity I wanted in 45, and while I don't want to go nuclear on the 357, I do want to get my 125gr gold dots and flat point fmjs going between 1,400 and 1,450.  

Anybody have any experience loading .357 Sig with N350?

Also, is there any source that lists the actual pressure generated by loads with Vihtavuori powders?  I love how Hodgdon's powders have pressure numbers for the minimum and maximum.  I assume even their maximum loads are still well below max pressure, but I would feel much more comfortable knowing this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
might want to look at 3N37 and AA #9 as they fill the case better and that way inhibit bullet set back.
I have never chronographed my loadeds.  But, they shoot to the point of aim as that of Federal TACTICAL® HST® 357 SIG
and that moves right along but according to the Federal it is a bit under your 1400 fPS with a 125gr bullet.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
From my VV 4th edition...1995...use N350 for my 38 super
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top