Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2014 8:50:36 PM EDT
Well...I just broke my priming arm, large primer punch and large primer cup. Anyone know where I can order replacements?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Hornady, they'll have you one by next week.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang, I was going to say that. Else, if you do it a few times and start getting ashamed, Midway seems to have a lot of spare parts for Hornady presses. Sometimes I order a spare when the part goes on sale or "clearance" (which I still don't know what that means). Then if something breaks on the weekend, I have extra.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Hornady, they'll have you one by next week.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I'll give them a call in the AM and see what they say
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a package to replace a broken seater stem from them this week.

Hornady and RCBS are GTG for warranty.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have never primed on my single stage press . Putting the primers in one at a time seams slow.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, called hornady and they have already shipped out the parts!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have never primed on my single stage press . Putting the primers in one at a time seams slow.
View Quote

I set the primer the use the expander die (for pistol) in the same step so it makes it worth it. I did use the hand primer last night and liked it quite a bit
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Just an update hornady over nighted my parts! Great customer service a big +1 for hornady in my book
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I set the primer the use the expander die (for pistol) in the same step so it makes it worth it. I did use the hand primer last night and liked it quite a bit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done it that way. Primed and expanded in one step. They make a primer feeder for the lnl single stage. Once you get it set it works really well. I belive the tubes hold about 70 primers
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice thanks man I'll need to look into one of those!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
How hard is the primer tube to set up to get it to work right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How hard is the primer tube to set up to get it to work right?
View Quote

I just raise the ram all the way then push the priming tube assembly down against the priming arm. Then just tighten the bolt down

i had a few double feeds until i found the sweet spot but after you know where to place it you can remove and reinstall with minimal fuss
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Installed primer feed tube on my single stage LNL two days ago...love it...smooth and easy to set up.
Top Top