Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2010 9:48:24 AM EDT
gone
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
This is very interesting. I explored so ideas like this in the past, but got sidetracked before I brought them to fruition. So, congrats for being diligent enough to bring your idea to life!

There is a well respected member here on the board that had some ideas he wanted to work on. I am sure when he sees this post he will be excited.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication to the hobby
jonblack
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for when I have time to look this over.
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Gone
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Very interesting.  I'll have to look into this.

But what's the drill gizmo with the PVC pipe in that one picture?
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
gone
Link Posted: 9/18/2010 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my gravity-fed Forster Motorized 3-way trimmer.  The thread on that episode went into the archives, so I'm not allowed to ressurrect it, not being a yearly-dues-paying member.

You can check it out  HERE if you'd like.  I've used it for a year now, and have improved it here and there and simplified it a bit too, since I wrote it up.  How does it compare to the Giraud?  95% as fast and way easier on the fingers.  Holding on to the cases while the Giraud cuts away is hard on worn out hand with arthritically challenged fingers.

With this thread's counter tool working super, I only have two more wishes to reach Nirvana.  An improved counter to police the powder hopper supply along with the current primer supply feature, and RCBS's bullet feeder with parts to feed anything...give me 6 months.  Then I'll put my RCBS Pro 2000 head to head with any  non mass production press on the market, including  Dillon's vaunted 1050.  No I don't need a built-in swager, thankyou, I'd rather have my 3 minute caliber change features.

That's pretty ingenious.  It would probably work with a few adjustments with a Lee trimmer for straight or tapered cases (like .30 carbine), which gets my attention pretty thoroughly.

I like your counter approach, but my LnL has a home-made follower in the primer tube, much like Dillon's.  I have thought about using optical sensors to warn when the follower is getting close to the bottom, as an optical setup is simpler.  I'm really spending more thought on an optical sensor for my "Powder Cop" die, though-having a backup to my eyeballs watching for whether the white ring goes up high enough is a potentially useful safety addition.

Link Posted: 9/19/2010 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Gone
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Color me impressed! You are one creative inventive dude! Thanks for sharing. You have some really good ideas.

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my gravity-fed Forster Motorized 3-way trimmer.  The thread on that episode went into the archives, so I'm not allowed to ressurrect it, not being a yearly-dues-paying member.

You can check it out  HERE if you'd like.  I've used it for a year now, and have improved it here and there and simplified it a bit too, since I wrote it up.  How does it compare to the Giraud?  95% as fast and way easier on the fingers.  Holding on to the cases while the Giraud cuts away is hard on worn out hand with arthritically challenged fingers.

With this thread's counter tool working super, I only have two more wishes to reach Nirvana.  An improved counter to police the powder hopper supply along with the current primer supply feature, and RCBS's bullet feeder with parts to feed anything...give me 6 months.  Then I'll put my RCBS Pro 2000 head to head with any  non mass production press on the market, including  Dillon's vaunted 1050.  No I don't need a built-in swager, thankyou, I'd rather have my 3 minute caliber change features.

Link Posted: 9/20/2010 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Color me impressed! You are one creative inventive dude! Thanks for sharing. You have some really good ideas.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/20/2010 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Gone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top