Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Is this what people are referring to when they mention "Lemi Shine":

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81WUg2Z9YXL._SY550_.jpg

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that is the stuff and now I see the deal with the ammo can. That is well worth the money
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GSL:
For ten dollars more you can get an ammo can too, and it's still free shipping, that is a fo in my book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11bravo01:
5.56 NATO brass

Just found these guys and spoke to Owen regarding other components. They have several thousand m855 projectiles, primers, and surplus powder awaiting to be added to the site. I suggest giving them a call if you need any of it ahead of time.
For ten dollars more you can get an ammo can too, and it's still free shipping, that is a fo in my book.

It's not free, I have an e-mail into them with no response yet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:51:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11bravo01] [#5]
Originally Posted By Gunowner99:

View All Quotes
5.56 NATO brass

Just found these guys and spoke to Owen regarding other components. They have several thousand m855 projectiles, primers, and surplus powder awaiting to be added to the site. I suggest giving them a call if you need any of it ahead of time.

Orders are free with purchases $100 and greater. You might want to call them instead, as they are primarily a class II/SOT shop. They do custom firearm work and services, so they do get behind on emails. I have confirmed with them and they do have at least 60k in 62gr, m855 projectiles. I just picked up 3k @ $160 per thousand.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes
5.56 NATO brass

Just spoke to Owen again and phone/emails are down temporarily. I did get some numbers, so be on the lookout on their website for these components:

Pulled mil-surplus m855 @ $160 per thousand - free shipping (80k available)
WC-844 surplus powder @ $170 per 8lb keg - hazmat fee applies several pounds available
CCI 41 primers @ 32.00 per thousand - can be combined with powder purchase

Mods - I do not work this company but have a friendly affiliation with them. I hope I'm not  out of bounds by posting this but these are difficult components to find and are a available at a fair price. Locals to Tucson have to make arrangements to pick up components.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Just spoke to Owen again and phone/emails are down temporarily. I did get some numbers, so be on the lookout on their website for these components:

WC-844 surplus powder @ $170 per 8lb keg - hazmat fee applies several pounds available

Mods - I do not work this company but have a friendly affiliation with them. I hope I'm not  out of bounds by posting this but these are difficult components to find and are a available at a fair price. Locals to Tucson have to make arrangements to pick up components.
View All Quotes
5.56 NATO brass

And to think in 2012 you could buy a 40# keg for $260, why has surplus powder stayed so high
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By angus6:

And to think in 2012 you could buy a 40# keg for $260, why has surplus powder stayed so high
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By angus6:
5.56 NATO brass

None of these prices are noteworthy.  You can buy retail powder for <$150/8lb now.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't set the prices, sorry. I haven't been able to locate any other place that has the powder and when I do, it's higher than this. None of the powders my local gunshop stocks are cheaper than this and I have been getting excellent results with a wide range of bullet weights. If you can get it cheaper, we'd all be grateful for a link.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
yes
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't set the prices, sorry. I haven't been able to locate any other place that has the powder and when I do, it's higher than this. None of the powders my local gunshop stocks are cheaper than this and I have been getting excellent results with a wide range of bullet weights. If you can get it cheaper, we'd all be grateful for a link.
View Quote

I don't think anyone's trying to be mean, but there are people reading this thread who are new to the hobby that don't know what "normal" prices are. I only got into reloading about two years ago and I think things were already a bit crazy then. I appreciate it when someone points out that something posted isn't a great deal.

As far as I understand, surplus powders may not be as consistent as the regular retail powders would be, and therefore should be 10-20% cheaper. I at least know that an 8lb keg of rifle powder shouldn't be much more than $20/lb, maybe less.

http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/
Not apples to apples, but just quickly skimming through, I see CFE223, BLC2, and H335 available for less than $20 /lb
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#12]
View Quote

Fair enough - and appologes if that came out wrong.  Appreciate your trying to help; annoyed at outfits pricing surplus powder like it's 2014 still, and perhaps that tone carried over to my reply.    Most new-manufacture ball powders for 5.56 are going for well under $180 now - and are the more desirable quality canister grade.  Most major outlets have it in stock.  here are a few examples:

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/5557

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ (H335, which is the load data WC844 pull-down often recommend referencing)

And if you really want house-labeled WC844:
http://hi-techammo.com/collections/surplus-military-gunpowder
for $144 (still too high for what it is from a surplus outlet IMHO - can get canister grade H335 for that).

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Fair enough - and appologes if that came out wrong.  Appreciate your trying to help; annoyed at outfits pricing surplus powder like it's 2014 still, and perhaps that tone carried over to my reply.    Most new-manufacture ball powders for 5.56 are going for well under $180 now - and are the more desirable quality canister grade.  Most major outlets have it in stock.  here are a few examples:

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ (H335, which is the load data WC844 pull-down often recommend referencing)

for $144 (still too high for what it is from a surplus outlet IMHO - can get canister grade H335 for that).

View All Quotes

No need for apologies and yes, I'm just trying to help out and spread the word. I just met the guy last week and he's a fellow vet who is trying to make it in a saturated market. VA is screwing with him just as hard, if not harder than anyone of the other vets awaiting the grinder. He's a full time student as well as a rancher and an aspiring machinist. He is trying to get sponsored by Wounded Warrior to do the Baja 500, so keep an eye on the guy. He's certainly motivated me to start doing good things.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By altimar2777:

I don't think anyone's trying to be mean, but there are people reading this thread who are new to the hobby that don't know what "normal" prices are. I only got into reloading about two years ago and I think things were already a bit crazy then. I appreciate it when someone points out that something posted isn't a great deal.

As far as I understand, surplus powders may not be as consistent as the regular retail powders would be, and therefore should be 10-20% cheaper. I at least know that an 8lb keg of rifle powder shouldn't be much more than $20/lb, maybe less.

Not apples to apples, but just quickly skimming through, I see CFE223, BLC2, and H335 available for less than $20 /lb
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By altimar2777:

So funny, those are my three main powders that I use and yes I get them locally under 20 bucks a pound. I can get an 8 pound of the CFE 2 23 for about 140
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Widener's has silhouette and tac powder in stock

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Midway has free shipping >$150. Apply code from top of home page to order.

Also, has Barnes Tipped TAC-TX Bullets 300 AAC Blackout/ 300 Whisper (308 Diameter) 110 Grain on clearance at $20.19 per box of 50. 110gr 300blk

Factory 2nd 208gr 30 Caliber at $24.99/100. Hornady 208gr AMAX I believe.208gr Amax
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Sturm45:
Midway has free shipping >$150. Apply code from top of home page to order.

Also, has Barnes Tipped TAC-TX Bullets 300 AAC Blackout/ 300 Whisper (308 Diameter) 110 Grain on clearance at $20.19 per box of 50. 110gr 300blk

Factory 2nd 208gr 30 Caliber at $24.99/100. Hornady 208gr AMAX I believe.208gr Amax
View Quote

Awesome deal thanks! Got me 10 of the 208's. There are 17 left. ;)
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

thanks for the post, I like to see powder I might be able to pick up with out shipping and hazmat, so Arizona powder looks good to me.

Hopefully as the mail order places get more powder, ALL prices will come down.

I got an email from Natchez today, they have  a lot in stock:

Over a dozen deals on reloading

Sycamore

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Any deals on Sierra 77 Tipped MatchKings?   I see that Powder Valley and Midway have them, but would like to find a sale.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Cabella's on top of having Australian ADI SS109 at an almost unbelievable price , also has PPU PRVI Partizan ammo on sale 8.88 for 100 - in 223 offered in 50,  55, sp or fmj + there is free shipping

sorry bought up all the 62 grain at 8.88 - thought I could list it but . . . its gone. . .

cabellas

also 308 - at .19 a round which is kind of a deal  for ammo with our the cantilever
Regular Price: $27.99Sale Price:  $19.88
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#23]

No need for apologies and yes, I'm just trying to help out and spread the word. I just met the guy last week and he's a fellow vet who is trying to make it in a saturated market. VA is screwing with him just as hard, if not harder than anyone of the other vets awaiting the grinder. He's a full time student as well as a rancher and an aspiring machinist. He is trying to get sponsored by Wounded Warrior to do the Baja 500, so keep an eye on the guy. He's certainly motivated me to start doing good things.
View All Quotes

As a heads up- his website harvested all my data, and at the end of the transaction, I received a message that "they were not shipping to my area" and I was unable to finish the checkout.  Was anyone able to get that cheap LC brass?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By nmichlig:
Cabella's on top of having Australian ADI SS109 at an almost unbelievable price , also has PPU PRVI Partizan ammo on sale 8.88 for 100 - in 223 offered in 50,  55, sp or fmj + there is free shipping

sorry bought up all the 62 grain at 8.88 - thought I could list it but . . . its gone. . .

cabellas

also 308 - at .19 a round which is kind of a deal  for ammo with our the cantilever
Regular Price: $27.99Sale Price:  $19.88
View Quote

Your link....I fixed it.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BigPolska:

As a heads up- his website harvested all my data, and at the end of the transaction, I received a message that "they were not shipping to my area" and I was unable to finish the checkout.  Was anyone able to get that cheap LC brass?  Just curious.
View All Quotes

I'm trying to contact him regarding my projectile purchase because I haven't received my order and it's way overdue. If I hear anything back, I'll check back with you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 6:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: purevl2] [#26]
Brownells has Hornady 6000 ct FMJ or SP for $419.99 for $419

There's a $40 coupon "K4J" that makes them $380 !!!!!!  It's $15 for shipping, but that's still the cheapest yet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 9:18:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trackstarpre] [#27]
no hazmat fee on CCI primers at midway if you spend over $150

Free HazMat Fee at MidwayUsa

edit: that is regular priced primers
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Can't believe no one's posted this yet. Midsouth has Titegroup at $15.80/lb ($1 cheaper than Powder Valley). Not sure what the hazmat or shipping is, but figure a few people would jump on it.

Also it's from an email yesterday so it may run out soon. If I had money I'd buy some, but currently broke.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By trackstarpre:

View Quote
I just got that email too...was coming to post it

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By roadrnr:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By roadrnr:
Originally Posted By trackstarpre:

Careful... their coupon and discounted sale and clearance price tend to be better than saving 28 on hazmat.. keep an eye on their clearance reloading page. Updates a lot but especially on Friday.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By purevl2:
Brownells has Hornady 6000 ct FMJ or SP for $419.99 for $419

There's a $40 coupon "K4J" that makes them $380 !!!!!!  It's $15 for shipping, but that's still the cheapest yet.
View Quote

THX! I added a tumbler and put it just over $500 to use the $60 coupon. With edge free shipping, you cant beat that price on these.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Brownells codes:

K4H $20 off $200+
K4K $40 off $350+
K4J $60 off $500+

Ends 2359 CST 11/1/15
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigPolska] [#33]
Since I had trouble with that other company,

this is not too bad a price on 5.56/ .223 brass

$23 at PSA for 700 +/-

Depending on what else you order and your location, shipping can be good or bad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#34]

$23 at PSA for 700 +/-

Depending on what else you order and your location, shipping can be good or bad.
View Quote

To Alabama, shipping for 10 units was $75 making the total ppr about 4.3 cents. Shipping for 1 was $12 making a ppr of 5 cents. Pretty good prices.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I may bite but I fear a lot of TAA brass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ronnl001:

To Alabama, shipping for 10 units was $75 making the total ppr about 4.3 cents. Shipping for 1 was $12 making a ppr of 5 cents. Pretty good prices.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ronnl001:

$23 at PSA for 700 +/-

they need to run a free shipping on orders over $100 soon...been to long
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I need several jugs of Varget. Help!
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:
View Quote

http://www.recobstargetshop.com/browse.cfm/2,192.html

Recobs has them now. Run!!!

Also, they have 1lb'ers of trail boss for a good price.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:30:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Machineguntony] [#40]
Anybody have the site where shooters list the best deal on a product?

I saw the shoot-n-see type targets for around $17 for 100. Now I can't find the site for this deal.

Anyone have a cheap source for these types of targets? Cheapest I've seen is that $17 per 100 pack, but I don't know if that price includes shipping.

I don't care about brand.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:36:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#41]
Originally Posted By Machineguntony:
Anybody have the site where shooters list the best deal on a product?

I saw the shoot-n-see type targets for around $17 for 100. Now I can't find the site for this deal.

Anyone have a cheap source for these types of targets? Cheapest I've seen is that $17 per 100 pack, but I don't know if that price includes shipping.

I don't care about brand.
View Quote

Slickguns.com

Be warned, I bought those targets.   They sucked, the &see part doesn't work
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Processed .223 brass + ammo can

54.99 + 9.99/shipping

No limits. $.13/rd for fully processed brass.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By zlman:

54.99 + 9.99/shipping

View Quote
That's a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#44]
That's a good deal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zlman:

54.99 + 9.99/shipping

That's a good deal.

Damn I my loaded ammo is 15 cents a round.....

Cabelas has S&B primers for $24.99

http://www.cabelas.com/product/sellier-amp-bellot-primers-ndash-brick/2002898.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Freloading-powder-primers-accessories%2F_%2FN-1109591%2F&No=0
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Sycamore:
anybody seen 6.8 projectiles under 20c  ?  ($20/100)

fmj or sp ok

Sycamore
View Quote

Any hits? Haven't seen .277 below 20 cents yet
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By djryan13:

View All Quotes

Thanks! 24 LBS on the way. Nicely done my friend.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Trail Boss OOS but I noticed they have Lil Gun which is also hard to find.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link

Description
These bullets are cast from 92-6-2 alloy and is sized to .401.  This package comes with a unique bulk ammo crate and 2000 of ACME Bullet Company's fine hard cast bullets as well as 2000 40 S&W cleaned Range Brass!!  Price INCLUDES Shipping.  That's Right 2000 bullets and 2000 pieces of Range BRASS all for $225 SHIPPED!!
Limited quantity available.
View Quote

I use them for 9mm fmj and am trying their 115gr Hi-Tek bullets. Their service is top notch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By callgood:

Link

http://www.acmebullet.com/image/cache/data/Bulk%2040%20Cal%20Package%2011.12.14-850x850.JPG
I use them for 9mm fmj and am trying their 115gr Hi-Tek bullets. Their service is top notch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By callgood:

Link

http://www.acmebullet.com/image/cache/data/Bulk%2040%20Cal%20Package%2011.12.14-850x850.JPG

Description

These bullets are cast from 92-6-2 alloy and is sized to .401.  This package comes with a unique bulk ammo crate and 2000 of ACME Bullet Company's fine hard cast bullets as well as 2000 40 S&W cleaned Range Brass!!  Price INCLUDES Shipping.  That's Right 2000 bullets and 2000 pieces of Range BRASS all for $225 SHIPPED!!

Limited quantity available.

they have a discount code if you're a member of brianenos.com  10%, I believe.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:54:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone actually seen any trailboss in stock? It's been years since I have.

I need minimum 5lbs!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 267
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top