Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 1/4/2009 7:25:39 PM EDT
They now have a pic of the mag in a gun on their website....thought I would share.

I do have 5 on the way...hope they are decent

Link Posted: 1/4/2009 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the mags available from GSG directly?
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are the mags available from GSG directly?

no

some private seller guy is making them, theres a thread on here somewhere about it
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They said they should have videos by tomorrow, including the use with a speedloader!  I wonder what type of speedloader that they will be using.  No mention of the type or where to purchase is listed, other than "speedloaders are available."
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 5:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm also waiting on my 5 mags . If anyone finds any info on the speedload for the 40 rounds please post it !
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Please post some range reports when possible please.......
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Hello All,

Here is my email to sales and their response. I am not very happy with the response. So with his response. Orders are being filled out!!! Oh really, well as he wants us to believe that people are getting these magazines. So any of you receive these magazines yet? This guy does not get it. People will not believe in his product until we see proof!!! His casting off the issue that his friend was on holidays and he is doing this for him as a favor disturbs me. IF you are in trying to sell a product, why are you not taking the responsibility of taking these videos yourself and upload them to youtube. It is not hard to do and you don't have to be that smart to do it. Again, Not happy with response. Until I see proof of some sort from someone that receives these magazines with a video or until these videos are posted somewhere. I consider this issue as the same light as Bigfoot, Lockness Monster, and Blair Witch.

––––- Forwarded Message ––––
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2009 10:23:28 AM
Subject: Re: 40 Round Magazines - Where is the videos?

Mr VanLone,
I currently filling orders as we speak. I have had great trials with them, as good as the factory mags. As with any mag, it depends on the ammunition you use and how you care for your equipment.

As far as the videos, I am being assisted by a friend who has been on holiday for Christmas and the new year. He is doing this as a favor to me, so I am being patient. I will get videos on the website, per the link that you see on there, but I am in the work shop trying to fill and ship the orders I have received. Currently, filling the orders is more important to me than going to the range and making videos people can see on the internet. (I.e.) if you had purchased and paid for mags and were waiting on them and you weren't getting mags, but you were seeing me post new videos from the range everyday, that might upset you a little. I'm sorry, but the website comes second to fulling my customers orders.

The drum are currently in pre production. We should have our prototype sometime in February.

I will email you when our website is updated.
Thanks for your input and interest in our products.

B Allen
Tactical Designs Unlimited

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2009 9:26:19 AM
Subject: 40 Round Magazines - Where is the videos?

I would had been interested in these magazines if they fire without issue. I have in the past asked for videos showing your product working. I think the responses to previous email was that you are not skilled in the area of videos and such. We now live in the era where alot of companies show most of their products on videos. I see that you have added a link on your website showing where the videos would go, but there are none there. Are you going to wait till someone buys and receives a 40 round magazine and they make a video? You need to show this information so that people can make a good decision on buying your product. When are these videos going to be posted on your website? When is the drums going to be available as well? Have you done any testing on any of your products? What your results?

-mvanlone
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems like a legit response to me. Try dealing with the CMP and you will find out what patience is......

I am perfectly comfortable being one of those who awaits feedback from the soon to be owners so we can establish range reports.

Keep us updated guys...
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#9]
mvanlone1,

I understand your thoughts and agree that the videos are very important to those on the fence.

But......I think his response seems to be very legit as well.

If he is filling orders, I think I am near the top of the list. I will definetly post a review when I have them in hand.

HK_DUDE
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I agree.  Sounds ok to me.  Waiting only a month?  I ordered one of those Saiga MD-20 12 gauge drum mags......Pfew, now that was a wait.
Give the man time.  If we don't hear from him in a few months, we all grab touches and pitchfork and match to his house, like they always did in those Frankenstein movies.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#11]
A 40rd straight .22 mag?........  we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The one above looks goofy, reminds me of tec 9. I am sure they will totaly suck to load

I am going to be happy with my 3 orignal 22rd mags for now and wait for a better desgin to come to market.

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one above looks goofy, reminds me of tec 9. I am sure they will totaly suck to load

I am going to be happy with my 3 orignal 22rd mags for now and wait for a better desgin to come to market.

I actually like the look.  But to each his own.  If he puts out what he is claiming there's supposed to be some kind of speed loader for them so loading might be easier than the GSG mags.  Crossing my fingers!
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the look as well.....like a UMP or 40 cal MP5.

....and, you can make a straight 22 mag......now 40rounds in a straight mag will be design feat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys,

I am sorry if my post was a little rough around the edges in the forum about the magazines. I definitely want one once someone gets them. I don't want people think that I am a jerk. I just don't get it. I live in Columbus, ohio. Hell I have a digital camcorder. Hell, I would drive to indianapolis, indiana for free for him just to make the video for him, (I used to live in indianapolis for 4 years before) it is not that hard to make a video. Once you guys that ordered your magazines receive them. Please post on here your results. I again apologize for being so forward. I guess it shows my Upstate New York upbringing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#16]
You know i'm started to get a bad feeling about this guy.  He promised to have the videos up by now.  He was telling me the hold back was due to the holidays and a birth of a child.  I understand all that, but really...how hard is it to go to a range and film a gun shooting product that you are trying to sell.  

Or at least take more that one picture of the product that you are trying to sell.  At this point i think the seller is uncooperative.  His telephone number is from T-mobile, not even a landline.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guys,

I am sorry if my post was a little rough around the edges in the forum about the magazines. I definitely want one once someone gets them. I don't want people think that I am a jerk. I just don't get it. I live in Columbus, ohio. Hell I have a digital camcorder. Hell, I would drive to indianapolis, indiana for free for him just to make the video for him, (I used to live in indianapolis for 4 years before) it is not that hard to make a video. Once you guys that ordered your magazines receive them. Please post on here your results. I again apologize for being so forward. I guess it shows my Upstate New York upbringing.

Hey i understand what you mean!  I not trying to be an a$$ as well, but he is starting to make alot of broken promises.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Guys,

It's all good
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
So, anybody have it yet?

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So, anybody have it yet?

I am glad that I did not buy anything from this guy. I checked today and still did not even see a video posted on his site. Like I said before I don't believe this guy, until I see proof. For those of you that placed orders for these magazines. If you have not gotten one yet, I would be telling him to refund your money. Until, there is a video of "evidence" that these exist, if you did not get one yet. I think it is time to "try" to get your money back. Let us know if you were able to get your magazines or your money back so other members here do not get duped in buying these magazines.

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]
how much technical knowledge do you need to upload to youtube?
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey people,  my first post ever!  Been watching the gsg forum for about 3 months now, and finally signed up.  

Just so you all know, I've talked to Brian on the phone several times over the last month.  Last night was the most recent.  He said most likely ship out on the 15-16th, said I was at the top of the list.   If he's legit, (which he sounds to me), quite a few people should be posting mid next week that they have 40rd mags, including me.

I'm trying to stay positive about this.......
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Well OK, but we're keeping the torches and pitchforks handy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I am crossing my fingers!
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe we should have a contest.....  the first person to post a pic showing 40 rd mags (in hand, or in gun in hand) gets something!!?    Maybe the AR-15.com guys could kick down some free stuff to the winner?
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maybe we should have a contest.....  the first person to post a pic showing 40 rd mags (in hand, or in gun in hand) gets something!!?    Maybe the AR-15.com guys could kick down some free stuff to the winner?

I will give the first person to post a range report and pics a free GSG hat that was given to me from ATI.. You pay the shipping..... What a deal a LOL
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will give the first person to post a range report and pics a free GSG hat that was given to me from ATI.. You pay the shipping..... What a deal a LOL
I will buy a Bronze Team Membership for the first person who has a clear, uninteruppted video of the magazine flawlessly feeding all 40 rounds and then holding the bolt back at the end...

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone get any tracking numbers? Today is the 16th, these magazines if you purchased these should had shipped. Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone get any tracking numbers? Today is the 16th, these magazines if you purchased these should had shipped. Anyone?

I am really starting to think this is a scam or that he needed order money to finish development/production and said they were done to take orders, in two weeks this guy has not be able to update his site with more pics or video and he has tons of orders in with no word to anyone it seems.

I hope its not a scam and these are legit because I want some, but I am reluctant about putting in a order until reviews or even mags get in someones hands.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am really starting to think this is a scam or that he needed order money to finish development/production and said they were done to take orders, in two weeks this guy has not be able to update his site with more pics or video and he has tons of orders in with no word to anyone it seems.

I hope its not a scam and these are legit because I want some, but I am reluctant about putting in a order until reviews or even mags get in someones hands.

I agree 200% with you. Right now until I hear and see different I consider this a scam. That is why I am I did not order anything and waiting/praying that I am wrong. I have had people sort of attack me about my posts since this whole thing started. Look at these signs

1)Website looks like it has been just thrown up there.
2)Phone number is a cell phone
3)NO VIDEOS AT ALL of his product
4)My emails that have been replied back were totally ignorant responses. My questions were not answered. His reply had things like he is waiting for someone else to do something, instead of him stating that he needs to do something.
5)Orders that should had been sent yesterday, no one has even stated that they had received any tracking numbers to packages.
6)No one outside this guy has posted a review of his product or even pictures.

Good luck to all that ordered. If you do receive a tracking number, product, or other information please post. I have had people tell me that I am being hard on this guy. LOL......SHOW ME THAT I AM WRONG!!!!!  Please.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#31]
looks meh!
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 6:31:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I e-mailed yesterday, but haven't gotten a reply as of yet.

I am starting to think my $160 is gone I won't give up hope yet. Other places have taken longer then promised to ship new items.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#33]
he said that they should have started shipping yesterday and more start shipping on monday!  We should be getting tracking numbers soon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Their website says that the current batch of 40rd mags is sold out...with more coming.

It also says that they are doing 32rd curved mags.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Their website says that the current batch of 40rd mags is sold out...with more coming.

It also says that they are doing 32rd curved mags.

I talked to him on Wedneesday I beleive and he asked me if I like the curved mag idea and I told him that I personally like the straight ones cause they look like my UMP mags, but I told him that I was sure others would like the idea.  So I guess he's going ahead with the idea.  He seems like a really nice guy.  He said the delay on the 40 rndrs was because of him having trouble getting springs for straight mags so that is why he is going to produce curved ones now cause those springs r easier to attain for him.  I ordered 5 40 rndrs on Wed and he said they would ship next week.  I'm holding my breath!
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#36]
He replied to my e-mail and mine should ship this week. He said he is only getting a few springs in at a time and is then turning around and shipping what he gets.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I was told that the first batch was sent yesterday, with alot more being shipped on monday.  He also said that tracking numbers should be getting emailed out soon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone that has ordered one of these magazines have received a tracking number yet? Have you even received your magazine?
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like a number of us should have either a tracking number or our orders this week.

I plan to post ASAP upon arrival....or even proof of shipment for that matter.

I am damn near losing interest.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Been emailing back and forth for a month now.  Told me last Friday the springs have begun to arrive and he was building the 40 rounders.  Said mine would ship mid week and he would email me a tracking number then.  If there is now response by Friday I will ask for a refund and dispute with Visa to get money back!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#41]
If he said they would be shipping by January 15th.....and they truely WILL ship this week....I don't see a major issue. I want everything yesterday myself, but so far he hasn't been pulling anything that any other vendor/manufacturer hasn't.

Now...if we don't see something shipping in the next couple weeks....I will start getting scared and pi$$ed.

I have done some manufacturing in my time, and I know there are legit reasons that things get held up....expecially if it is out of your control, like him getting the springs from at outside source.

Again...I am not defending, but so far, I don't see a major cause for alarm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#42]
We all want everything NOW. I am guilty of that too. But getting a new product up and running is hard and there are problems that you can't always solve easily.

The business world is full of cases where people got hyped up over the next great thing only to have it delayed and then have it fade away. The world is impatient and fickle.

Give them time to work this out. If it is to be, it will be. I think the guy just got too excited too early and let the cat out of the bag before getting his ducks in  a row. Give him some time. He is probably under a lot of pressure and doesn't need any more burdens this year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#43]
You guys may flame me if you want. I don't care. This guy has been making too many promises. It is a scam!!! I think he is trying to buy time so he can get more orders and than disconnect his cell and delete his email account. If he stated that the orders were to go out on the Jan 15th and they did not and no one received a tracking number. Than it is a done deal. Try to get your money. You cannot make promises and than not get your product. He does not even have a simple video on his website to show you that these even work/exist. If he had a problem of springs or other issues. Guess what I would be calling and emailing people and telling them what the deal is. Even post information on his website. He did not do anything unless you contacted him. If you think that is customer service......than I got some fairy land in alaska that I want to sell you. Nuff....said!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm kinda leaning towards your thinking. I didnt order any, but I kinda do hope they are real. But then again a speedloader and some more factory mags would suffice for me too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#46]
The only reason people think its a scam is because the current broken promises.  He stated that he would have pics/videos up almost a month a ago. "He just didn't have time to go to the range"  He also stated that he would have tracking numbers out by now.  That too has not happened.  

Yes, people might have the torches ready, but it is only because he is providing the fuel.  The first shipments were mailed out saturday.  So we should be getting reports in soon though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Dont get me wrong. I hope its not a scam. i'd love a 40 round mag. But its the internet, I am going to wait for proof it exists. if its real, I will buy some.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Well again, I was part of the whole MD-20 drum mag thing for the Saiga 12 Gauge.  That guy promised updates and delivery timelines, but it was about a year until the drums went out.  
Well I got one now and its a beautiful thing.  Just poor business sense.  Tell me something will take 6 months and its a year....I'm gonna be a wee bit miffed.  Tell me 6 months and its there in 5, I'm gonna think about buying more stuff from you.
If you sent in a credit card number, just keep an eye on your account.  
I don't think its a scam, it will just take longer then we were told.  But, then again, I'm wrong about a lot of things.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The only reason people think its a scam is because the current broken promises.  He stated that he would have pics/videos up almost a month a ago. "He just didn't have time to go to the range"  He also stated that he would have tracking numbers out by now.  That too has not happened.  

Yes, people might have the torches ready, but it is only because he is providing the fuel.  The first shipments were mailed out saturday.  So we should be getting reports in soon though.

Yes, this is exactly the issue. Some of you on here take the tone that we are a bunch of whinning babies and should be more patient. I think people have been patient. For you people that are stating that we are whinners, you sir/maddam are wrong indeed. I can name at least 20 things that this guy could have done to make the situation better for all. He elected to do none of these. This is EXACTLY the wrong way to do buisness! Stop sticking up with this guy that is making the mags and breaking promises. Defintely, stop telling the people that had purchased these mags that they are whinners. What has the buyers done wrong? It is very simple to do buisness. You have a product that you want to sell. Another person that purchases the product and the currency is exchanged. The product is delivered and all is well. Where is this link broke!!! It is broke after the seller receives funds and did not delivery. So you people out there that state that the buyers are not patient and a bunch of whinning babies....you are wrong. To me you are wrong to say a single negative word to the buyers. What the seller needs to do is post a video on his website showing this product is working. After all.....he has so much extra time since the orders had not been sent out. He needs to advertise on this website with the update of what the problem is. The seller needs to send emails to all the people that had purchased these magazines and explain to them of the issues. This is only way that this can be get better. There is NO communication on the seller that is causing more issues. STOP making this a buyer issues.....it is not. All of this mess is on the seller. PERIOD!!!!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top