Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 7/15/2017 6:23:48 AM EDT
Sept 1 we're finally allowed to own/carry something with a double sided blade, bowie knife, or blade greater than 5.5" most places. Only last year did autos become legal to carry. I have a single sided HK auto I picked up, but otherwise I don't own anything that fits the new rules.

so what should I pick up (that I might actually use day to day) and start carrying to enjoy the new freedoms? I don't want to spend a fortune so some of the double ended huge microtechs that cost more than a Glock are probably out, but wouldn't mind  decent fixed blade.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I am thinking of a custom Bowie of some sort. Seems fitting. I just need to figure out what to have done by who. 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Esee 6CP.  6.5", sharpened swedge, $120ish with a sheath.

Lifetime warranty, decent steel.  Buy an appropriate mask and reshape the handle.  (you don't want to breath micarta dust).
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm Bowie shopping for the same reason.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]
TOPS Prather War Bowie or Wild Pig Hunter. 
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I've got the Wild Pig Hunter. It's a beautiful knife and pretty stout. I've batton'd old, dry wood with it and it handled it like a champ with little wear on the nice river wash finish. I actually think that I caused the wear from using a brass bore brush on the edge to take some light rust off ( I was at New Mexico for a week). It also came needle point and razor sharp. I'm very happy with it for the money.
ETA: whatever happened to the OP of the TOPS knives thread? I can't remember his name but he hasn't posted in awhile.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Got this for $40 from midway
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/NsFnQv9.jpg
View Quote
But it's not a fuck you big size knife.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]
NVM. tried to post a pic
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I just received a Benchmade 51 Balisong Morpho Butterfly Knife from BladeHQ today. This is my latest purchase to celebrate the new knife laws in Texas. I really need to stop celebrating before my wife gets mad at me

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking at a Lon Humphrey Bowie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/NsFnQv9.jpg
Fuck you big for $65
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I got the 124 and it was so pretty I've kept it in the box to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I've wanted one of those since I was a kid.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top