Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 7/26/2014 1:10:26 PM EDT
little artsy drop point from O-1 tool steel.  wanted it to look similar to knapped flint.  flat grind with acid etched finish.

TPS

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I REALLY like that blade. Looks great. What are the dimensions?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, it is 7.5" overall and just under 3/16" thick at the spine.  blade length is 3.5".  good EDC size.

TPS
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I like that a lot! Nice job!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
made a big brother for this one.  they are headed out monday to their new home.

TPS

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
As a amateur, just-getting-started knife maker, myself....how do you do the etched finish? I am afraid I had REALLy good instruction and help on my first blade. The second and third I have done on my own turned out, well, pretty freaking horrible. I am learning this stuff on my own as I go and just love your work, OP. I'd like to try your design myself, if you would have no objections.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
i don't mind at all.  we all get inspiration from what others have done.  the etch on these was a little in-depth.  the blade angle etching was done with bleach and cold blue.  then after everything was finished, i etched the entire thing in white vinegar for a couple of hours to get the overall grey finish.  the bleach etch is tricky, you have to be careful and watch it closely.  it can ruin steel in a hurry.  you can google the bleach etch for detailed, step by step.  i use it quite a bit to get a weathered, aged appearance.  it is amazing what common chemicals can achieve.

TPS
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a real big knife fan, but these are really something different. Beautiful work.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i don't mind at all.  we all get inspiration from what others have done.  the etch on these was a little in-depth.  the blade angle etching was done with bleach and cold blue.  then after everything was finished, i etched the entire thing in white vinegar for a couple of hours to get the overall grey finish.  the bleach etch is tricky, you have to be careful and watch it closely.  it can ruin steel in a hurry.  you can google the bleach etch for detailed, step by step.  i use it quite a bit to get a weathered, aged appearance.  it is amazing what common chemicals can achieve.

TPS
View Quote

Thanks! I may pm you for some tips once I get my shop/garage set up just right this fall!
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top