Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2015 6:10:31 AM EDT
I pre-ordered it last year then put it mostly out of my mind since getting this stuff off of the ground takes time. Well, my patience was rewarded yesterday when USPS delivered the box.

I stayed up late to get it installed. I had never stripped or assembled a SCAR lower before, but it was reasonably painless to the AR hobbyist. There was a little hands-and-knees time spent on the floor with a bright light searching for the magazine catch retaining clip, but it was found The finished product:

I can't speak to its performance since I haven't shot it yet, but I am pleased with what I've seen from basic function tests. Fit and finish is great, and empty PMAGs just jump right out when told. So far, so good!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's sexy!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
All that and you didn't bother to stick a G trigger in there while you were at it?  
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All that and you didn't bother to stick a G trigger in there while you were at it?  
View Quote

That is a damn shame..... My stock trigger was atrociously terrible, the sear was cut uneven, it was crunchy, and HEAVY.  The G Super Scar trigger was worth every last penny.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice!  Been waiting for these to hit the street.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
But why? Other than PMags? Why no love for factory mags? I've watched the threads on Fn Forum and just dont get it, the laser engraving also probably wont hold up
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Believe me, I was kicking myself a little at not taking advantage of a good sale on them just a week or two ago when I was trying to reinstall the OEM trigger. It won't be difficult to do later. All in time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But why? Other than PMags? Why no love for factory mags? I've watched the threads on Fn Forum and just dont get it, the laser engraving also probably wont hold up
View Quote

Not just PMAGs, but other SRL25/M110 standard mags, which I appreciate for their price and availability.

Accepts standard AR grips without modification.

And the longevity of the laser engraving I couldn't care less about.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it, but will most likely stick with my original lower at this time. As I have a large stock of FN mags.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Believe me, I was kicking myself a little at not taking advantage of a good sale on them just a week or two ago when I was trying to reinstall the OEM trigger. It won't be difficult to do later. All in time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the feeling.... but if their is 1 upgrade that stands out as the best upgrade for the SCAR the super scar trigger is the best.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite as good as the 15-20% sale (I don't remember what it was) would have gotten but still better than most other places that sell it at $325.

$290 shipped - Their everyday prices are usually near other companies sale prices when you get free shipping and then use the coupon.

Use the coupon: 10off

BTW - I've never been huge on SCAR rifles but that thing is a beauty.  Very nice

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats sweet!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not quite as good as the 15-20% sale (I don't remember what it was) would have gotten but still better than most other places that sell it at $325.

$290 shipped - Their everyday prices are usually near other companies sale prices when you get free shipping and then use the coupon.

BTW - I've never been huge on SCAR rifles but that thing is a beauty.  Very nice

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the link and the compliment! I picked up a Surefire m300v from them over the holidays. Great price and straight forward service.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I was reading this lower is having a good amount of issues with Pmags. Guys are using KY to get them to fit, no seriously, KY.  Then the manufacturer says no guarantee that it will work with Pmags. To top it all off that manufacture dropped his sponsorship and has gone silent.  

I hope it works out well for you.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was reading this lower is having a good amount of issues with Pmags. Guys are using KY to get them to fit, no seriously, KY.

I am aware of the thread you are talking about and, in all fairness, you should read it again or at least clarify your statement. It was suggested by a member of that forum that the guy who posted having issues getting his mags to drop free utilize KY to try to isolate where the hang up is occurring.

Then the manufacturer says no guarantee that it will work with Pmags.

It does appear that the mfgr does not guarantee a drop free fit. Though that is sad, I can understand this given the nature of injection molded plastic. I have a couple AR lowers from a quality mfgr that Gen1 PMAGs don't jump out of, not the end of the world. That is not to say that it doesn't work, just that they don't fit loose enough to pop out. Mine seem to, but testing has been far from extensive.

To top it all off that manufacture dropped his sponsorship and has gone silent.  

Sponsors come and go from forums, it happens. I also understand why some choose to step away from being active on forums, especially in a professional capacity. It appears that there is still corporate representation on that site, even if it isn't him personally.

Thanks! Me too.

View Quote

The man behind Stryker certainly has his fans and detractors. I have had limited dealings with him so I'm far from an expert opinion, and consider myself neither of the aforementioned. I can say that I have had the pleasure of talking to him personally over the phone once when a group buy he organized fell apart. He called me (and supposedly everyone) personally to deliver the bad news. He was polite, personable, and made time to chit chat. I was promptly refunded what cash I had in the deal and that was that.

I am not shilling for him or anyone else, I just wanted to share my purchase with the board. So far it seems, for me, to be a good one. If anything happens good or bad, I'll be sure to update my post with the latest. I am interested in the product. What I am disinterested in is becoming embroiled in the drama around the man.

That's all I've got.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:05:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I just couldn't get over the KY thing but It's good to hear it is doing well for you. I wonder if it was designed to work with the gen 2 pmags specifically. I agree there is drama surrounding that fourm, it seems to me that this place is a much calmer place to take about the SCAR. It's why I don't post much, just read here.

Have you had an opportunity to try other magazines? I have some M110's that "fell off a truck" and some gen3 25 rounders. I have been curious to see how those would work. I also hear good things about Lancer 308 mags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just couldn't get over the KY thing but It's good to hear it is doing well for you. I wonder if it was designed to work with the gen 2 pmags specifically. I agree there is drama surrounding that fourm, it seems to me that this place is a much calmer place to take about the SCAR. It's why I don't post much, just read here.

Have you had an opportunity to try other magazines? I have some M110's that "fell off a truck" and some gen3 25 rounders. I have been curious to see how those would work. I also hear good things about Lancer 308 mags.
View Quote

It's truly sad when someone comes here to escape forum drama!
Anyway, who knows what's going on... I'm just glad mine works as expected thus far and I don't have another thing to be bent about.

At present I do not have any other M110 type mags. I do have some 25rnd PMAGs, but I haven't dug them out of whatever box they got tossed into and forgotten about, yet. I'll post more as I know more.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was reading this lower is having a good amount of issues with Pmags. Guys are using KY to get them to fit, no seriously, KY.  Then the manufacturer says no guarantee that it will work with Pmags. To top it all off that manufacture dropped his sponsorship and has gone silent.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

kw20121005, it's been a little while but aren't you FP the "director of weapons development" for Handl Defense who got banned here as well as "that forum" previously for mischief in Stryker Enterprises threads?  The feigned concern, back-handed compliments, and innuendo helped to jog the memory with the screen name.  I think the ban was why you "don't post much, just read here."

Edit:  Grammar.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Thread has run off topic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top