Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 1:15:54 PM EDT
Anybody have any info or experience with SCAR Moses Mags? They have a good rep for their FAL mag version.
Looks like they have only been out for a couple weeks, so I'm sure not to many people have tried them yet.

Always looking for options
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I was waiting until they had some in FDE, before I bought a couple to try.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a few last week.
Picked 2 at random, loaded both to capacity, and let loose with 2 different 17s.
They worked perfect.
I hope to get a little more range time in soon.

A few notes=
they took 21 rounds, but I loaded 20 for testing.
They latch in nice with the bolt closed and 20 rounds in the mag.
BHO activates nice.

From my limited testing, they look GTG
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Copperjacket on FNFORUM said he ran 40 rounds through each of the 4 SCAR Moses MAgs he got. He said they are 100% and would be buying more.They seem to be the real deal. He also mentioned dropping them on concrete with no issue. Has this been an issue with stock magazines? I wouldn't think to drop my $40 steel magazine on concrete but it does make sense that they should hold up to a certain amount of wear and tear, even on concrete.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a update on the FDE mags. I got a email from George at Moses and he says at least a few more months before the FDE ones come out for sale.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Copperjacket on FNFORUM said he ran 40 rounds through each of the 4 SCAR Moses MAgs he got. He said they are 100% and would be buying more.They seem to be the real deal. He also mentioned dropping them on concrete with no issue. Has this been an issue with stock magazines? I wouldn't think to drop my $40 steel magazine on concrete but it does make sense that they should hold up to a certain amount of wear and tear, even on concrete.
View Quote

That pretty much sums it up, but I should add that the bodies feel a little soft if I squeeze the sides while unloaded.  This makes me wonder if they would survive the "run over by a truck test," but while I do drop mags on the ground during reloading, I make it a point not to drive on top of them.  I should also mention that Moses are the only aftermarkets I have tried, so I don't have anything else to compare them to apart from OEM.  I am very pleased with them though, and I prefer them to OEM unless/until a problem is noted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
At 27.99, I'm gonna have to give a few a spin.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Got an up date from their youtube channel- They run over it three or more times

"Truck Test"

Don't know how to embed yet
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got an up date from their youtube channel- They run over it three or more times

"Truck Test"

Don't know how to embed yet
View Quote

Well, color me impressed.  I was just thinking about picking up a few more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my 2 mags last week and tested yesterday. Both performed without issues so no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top