Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:12:42 PM EDT
I've read on here that the SCAR 17S has remarkably soft recoil for a .308, but I'm also aware it ships with the PWS brake.

Has anyone tried it with a flash hider/suppressor? Which kind did you try it with and how did the recoil change? 16" barrel or 13" barrel?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
From day one I have had the Surefire scarH specific flashider on the rifle.  I noticed less down push with the flashider vs the PWS brake supplied with the rifle (something I commonly see with all muzzle brakes across all rifles).

I regularly shot 308 type rifles before getting my scarH and think very highly of it with out a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has a 16" barrel and I swapped the PWS brake for an A2-style flash hider. I never shot it with the PWS brake, so I can't compare and contrast the two, but recoil is a non-issue.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
shot mine with the brake and hated the extra blast at the range so i changed it out for a vortex and its really better noise wise and the recoil is just barely more ..... maybe.  idk its really close to the brake
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I swapped my PWS device for an AAC flash hider. There seems to be a bit more recoil, but it's not unbearable by any means. I noticed the muzzle rise more than the recoil.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I swapped my PWS device for an AAC flash hider. There seems to be a bit more recoil, but it's not unbearable by any means. I noticed the muzzle rise more than the recoil.
View Quote

This. I took the PWS off to feel the recoil and you don't notice much more on your shoulder but the muzzle jumps a lot more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top