Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2008 2:01:25 PM EDT
Anyone heard anything about it? Any good links?

I saw one on the cover of shotgun news(I think) and it looked interesting.

I was in a hurry so I diddent pick it up. I think it was a more modern BAR.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh cool. just found this looks pritty nice.

fnhusa1.com/PDF/FNH08FNAR.pdf
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool!

Don't know if I need one or not but it still looks neato!
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it is rather ugly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a FAL mag?  Looks like a damn nice rifle to me!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
It dosent look like FAL mags but I hope Im wrong. I would think they would use the

same mags as the SCAR H. But Im not sure. It looks like it will be drop free so it  

probobly wont use the rock and lock FAL mags.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It dosent look like FAL mags but I hope Im wrong. I would think they would use the

same mags as the SCAR H. But Im not sure. It looks like it will be drop free so it  

probobly wont use the rock and lock FAL mags.

That would make sense.  Supposedly the SCAR-H mags are only slightly different than FAL mags, which would kick ass.  Buying $3 mags and modifying them is far preferable to spending $20-30 on a goofy proprietary mag.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Just when I said I was done buying .308s...

ETA: From looking at it I'm guessing it's based on the Browning BAR (the Browning commercial sporting rifle, not the M1918).
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The name sounds pritty gay. Why FNAR I wonder. SCAR sounds bad ass so why such a gay name for this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]

I don't think I'd be in the market for one, but it's cool of FN to come out with stuff like this.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll take a SCAR over that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The name sounds pritty gay. Why FNAR I wonder. SCAR sounds bad ass so why such a gay name for this.

BAR=Browning Automatic Rifle
FNAR=Fabrique Nationale Automatic Rifle

Make sense?  It's obviously an evolution of the BAR so I would imagine that's the reason for the name.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sense?  It's obviously an evolution of the BAR so I would imagine that's the reason for the name.  

I'm assuming you mean this is an evolution of the M1918 BAR. I really don't see it as that. The BAR was the era's version of a SAW, a rifle in name much more so than application.

It seems to more of an evolution of a company taking a civilian sporting rifle they already make (the Browning Arms Company BAR, a design unrelated to the M1918) and turning it into a "battle rifle."
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If it really does 1MOA or better I might try one, just to have. It is kinda fugly though.

[/quote
+1, i would only be interested if it was 1MOA, i need an accurate scoped .308
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm assuming you mean this is an evolution of the M1918 BAR. I really don't see it as that. The BAR was the era's version of a SAW, a rifle in name much more so than application.

It seems to more of an evolution of a company taking a civilian sporting rifle they already make (the Browning Arms Company BAR, a design unrelated to the M1918) and turning it into a "battle rifle."

Take your full auto hat off.  The BAR is a purely sporting rifle that Browning just ads the BAR monicker to.  The FNAR is just the next generation of the sporting rifle.

not

Link Posted: 1/24/2008 3:46:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm looking for a first rifle, and if that thing can be taken out of it's stock I'm buying it, definately.

I love the BAR (sporting rifle), but being stuck with 5-rounders mounted on a hatch just isn't fun enough for the only gun. That pistol grip looks fugly, and I don't think the police will approve of it, so I need an alternative stock to put the gun in while I'm getting the license.

Any info on MSRP/release date etc?
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#17]
See the new issue of Shotgun News.  It is in it.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take your full auto hat off.  The BAR is a purely sporting rifle that Browning just ads the BAR monicker to.  The FNAR is just the next generation of the sporting rifle.

www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/images/031219m.jpg

not

dydy.zl.cz/05zbrane/bar.jpg

That's exactly what I was saying.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think it is rather ugly.

+1
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/images/031219m.jpg

not

dydy.zl.cz/05zbrane/bar.jpg

That's exactly what I was saying.

Yep, I was just adding pictures for effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top