Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2016 8:47:13 PM EDT
Is there a market or anyone interested in M60E3 parts? Im thinking of selling my E3 barrel, feed cover, feed tray and E3 stock for some E4 parts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah there is demand, just need to find the right pool of buyers. Post on gunbroker, subguns, sturmgwher, etc...

An m60 is on my bucket list and would love to help you out but just don't have the cash at the moment. Best of luck selling.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There are completists who collect M60 variants.

There are T161, M60, M60E1, M60E2, M60B (my favorite of the originals), C, D, M60E3, M60E4, MK43 Mod 0, MK43 Mod 1 (the MK43s are variants of the E4), and M60E6.

If anyone has any other variants, please feel free to add. These are all the variants I know.

As far as I know, the only new variants parts available are the E4 variants and the E6.

Other variants are very difficult to find parts for (especially the B stock, there are guys constantly on the lookout for the B stock)

So yes, there is a market for the E3 parts. If they're reasonably priced, you will find that they are easy to sell.

As long as we are on the topic of the M60, I hear alot of guys on YouTube saying that they can't 'Rambo' shoot the gun accurately. I find that to be untrue. The M60 is so controllable that it's very easy to walk shots into a target. Even if you use the sights, the sight tower on an M60 is so high that you're really estimating anyways.

It definitely is possible to 'Rambo' shoot an M60 reliably on target. And it's very fun.

The M60 is awesome.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are completists who collect M60 variants.

There are T161, M60, M60E1, M60E2, M60B (my favorite of the originals), C, D, M60E3, M69E4, MK43 Mod 0, MK43 Mod 1 (the MK43s are variants of the E4), and M60E6.

If anyone has any other variants, please feel free to add. These are all the variants I know.

As far as I know, the only new variants parts available are the E4 variants and the E6.

Other variants are very difficult to find parts for (especially the B stock, there are guys constantly on the lookout for the B stock)

So yes, there is a market for the E3 parts. If they're reasonably priced, you will find that they are easy to sell.

As long as we are on the topic of the M60, I hear alot of guys on YouTube saying that they can't 'Rambo' shoot the gun accurately. I find that to be untrue. The M60 is so controllable that it's very easy walk shots into a target. Even if you use the sights, the sight tower on an M60 is so high that you're really estimating anyways.

It definitely is possibly to 'Rambo' shoot an M60 reliably on target. And it's very fun.

The M60 is awesome.
View Quote

Agreed.  Easy to walk the M60 onto targets.  Such a great gun to own!
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#4]
The price I've seen you post for your long E3 barrel is (IMHO) too high.  These seem to sell for $700-$800.  The short E3 barrels are much more desirable and can fetch a bit of a premium.

E3 stock has limited appeal, but your feedtray and topcover have a huge potential market.  The E3 topcover is a nice improvement over the original for someone who wants to maintain the "Vietnam' aesthetic.  My guesses on value for these are $150 for the feedtray and $600 for the topcover, if both are in excellent condition.

Joe
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for your feedback, I will readjust my prices as I am not too familiar with the M60 market
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for your feedback, I will readjust my prices as I am not too familiar with the M60 market
View Quote

Happy to help, and welcome to the M60 club!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Where is a good site to read about M60s?

I need to move some stuff around, but will have one in 5/10 years..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top