Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2016 12:57:46 AM EDT
NFA is nothing new to me.  Been collecting transferable machine guns for years, have plenty of suppressors, and many SBRs, and even became an FFL/SOT.  3 things have eluded me though, and I've never really had interest in any of them.  A SBS, DD, and AOW.  That all changed when I saw these two pictures on this forum. Not sure what it is about it that I love, but I LOVE this!  Luckily the owner of this shotgun here was kind enough to share what every single part is on this gun, and who did the barrel and sight work.  It took three days, and I already own a Salvo 12 suppressor, but I now have every single part on order and on the way, a NIB Police Magnum 870 on the way, have already spoken with the company who cut down his gun and moved the front sight back to have them do mine, and filled out my very first SBS form 1!  It's an interesting feeling really.  Nothing, and I mean nothing about NFA is new to me or makes me giddy anymore.....or so I thought.  This all feels new to me, and I'm excited!  To make it even better, it's one of the cheapest guns I've ever bought and built!  Thank you very much for this great forum, and I'm looking forward to joining all you SBS guys!

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:56:24 AM EDT
[#1]
My 14" is way more fun to shoot than I thought it would be. Is that a 12"
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any FA guns, but I have plenty of suppressors and SBR's. I'm feeling the vibe you got from that SBS though!!! I want one!!! Could you PM me the specs and info./sources? Or share them here?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes that does look sweet! I'd like to get some info as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
collegeboy, please post the build info and who did the work. We're all drooling and want to know how to duplicate that build

As an aside, other than as a range toy, when do you think the SBS excels over the SMG?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
870 Police Shotgun

Rifle sights

Magpul forend

Magpul Stock

Magpul sling mounts

Ares Gear Shell Panel

Salvo 12 suppressor

Rose Action Sports chopped the barrel and threaded it for chokes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#6]

RAS does great work. They threaded my 12" cut down for chokes, and installed front bead :)

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
870 Police Shotgun

Rifle sights

Magpul forend

Magpul Stock

Magpul sling mounts

Ares Gear Shell Panel

Salvo 12 suppressor

View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#8]
How do these SBS pattern and whats effective range? What do you guys use them for other than fun and just blasting stuff? Also how many shells does it hold?

I've never had an interest but these pics look bad-ass and make me want one!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a F1 pending for a 12.75" 20 ga M2.  Figuire I've got another month before the barrel goes off to the chopsaw.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Steve did mine as well and also mounted my ghost ring sights.  I love it!
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#12]
These shortys are sick!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:04:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok you guys have sold me, I can't resist anymore.  I have to make an sbs!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Steve Rose is awesome guy and is the go to guy for this type of work. I'll be shooting with him in a couple of weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
870 Police Shotgun

Rifle sights

Magpul forend

Magpul Stock

Magpul sling mounts

Ares Gear Shell Panel

Salvo 12 suppressor

Steve Rose is awesome guy and is the go to guy for this type of work. I'll be shooting with him in a couple of weeks.

Fully concur. Fast, inexpensive, high quality work.  Shotgunners are lucky to have him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top