Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Posted: 2/20/2023 2:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26]
I’ve bought silencers online and shipped to my local SOT for a decade and I’m ready to try something new

Who has things to say about Capitol Armory’s process?

Secondly, I like deals. If I were to win something cheap on gunbroker, clearance deal through another vendor, SilencerShop exclusive, etc, could I have them F3 it to CapitolArmory vs my local SOT?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:

In Florida, SBRs are treated just like cans in terms of the state laws... so yes, we can ship them directly to you.
View Quote

What about "Almost Heaven" West Virginia?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:

In Florida, SBRs are treated just like cans in terms of the state laws... so yes, we can ship them directly to you.
View Quote

Nice. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a couple cans and fingerprint kit. If doing an eForm 4, is the fingerprint kit sufficient, or are electronic fingerprints needed?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Techsan02:
Ordered a couple cans and fingerprint kit. If doing an eForm 4, is the fingerprint kit sufficient, or are electronic fingerprints needed?
View Quote

You mail them the completed card, they'll scan the prints and submit them electronically.  You can then choose to pay $35 for your own copy of the fingerprint EFT file.  I'm not sure if they keep your fingerprint scan otherwise or not - I wanted the EFT to have for future eForm1 filings regardless.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#5]
View Quote

When you send the completed fpc they digitize them for future submissions with them. You can purchase your eft file from them should you want to for future eForm 1s, or eForm 4s elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
First can, a griffin checkmate, ordered from griffin, via CA.

They made it really easy is all I have to say.  I sent one email to CA with a question, answered in 20 minutes.  Did docusign today, just waiting on atf now.  Well done Capital.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I got approved at the worst time - right around Christmas. The process has been a touch slow due to the holidays, but it's been really smooth. CA makes everything really easy. Even though my usual SOT is 10 minutes down the road, it's kinda nice to just wait for a can to show up and not have to go back to the shop.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought a can on Saturday, got the docusign on Sunday, and certified on Monday morning.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Bought a can on Saturday, got the docusign on Sunday, and certified on Monday morning.
View Quote

This and instantly seeing what’s in stock is the reason I’m favoring Capital Armory and through them Griffin Armament for purchasing suppressors.

I know a lot of people raving about Silencer Shop but I see an awful lot on the internet about it taking weeks to over a month to certify and that’s the most important part of buying, getting the paperwork to the ATF and starting the clock.

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Princeton:

This and instantly seeing what’s in stock is the reason I’m favoring Capital Armory and through them Griffin Armament for purchasing suppressors.

I know a lot of people raving about Silencer Shop but I see an awful lot on the internet about it taking weeks to over a month to certify and that’s the most important part of buying, getting the paperwork to the ATF and starting the clock.

View Quote

They both work fine. Capitol Armory has closer control over their entire process because they have one FFL in each state handling things, while SS has so many dealers that experiences will vary just as much.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Waiting on my first 4 through CA, and they made the process super easy.

Certified a Velos and Sparrow on 12/27, and certified an Omega 300 and 9K today(1/11).

Being able to ship directly to me was a huge factor in my decision to use then over SS, I've done a F1 through them and it was not an easy or simple experience.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got my can today. From the time my F4 was approved to the time I received my can was under a month - just a little under. 12/20 F4 approved, 1/11 can in hand.

While the process was super easy, I have to admit I’m a little leery about another. Adding more time to the already long NFA process is something I’ll have to weigh a bit more carefully. This isn’t my first NFA rodeo (far from it) so the vagaries of other folks aren’t hard for me to navigate.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m about ready to give Capitol armory a try. They have the can(s) I want in stock for a reasonable price. The main reason for using silencer shop is all my info is already on file and they ship to my local range/shop where I can have conjugal visits while I wait for the stamp.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Welp...process completed w/CA...now just up to the FATF.

Pretty seamless, but admittedly, it does add time to the entire process...guessing a week or two on the front end and same on the back end, but if we're already waiting 6-87 months for hearing protection, not a big deal.

1/5 - cans and fingerprint package purchased.
1/10 - fingerprint kit arrived
1/11 - fingerprints mailed
1/19 - fingerprints ready, ATF form DocuSigned
1/22 - Eform4 submitted

Very easy process. If you want to speed it up week or so, order the fingerprint kit while you shop and research and make your decisions and get permission from the wife to buy another can. Or spend the money locally to get E-fingerprints done somehow.

Props to CA...every time I called someone with good customer service and knowledgeable answers picked up the phone. The certification process with the screen share was super simple as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Welp...process completed w/CA...now just up to the FATF.

Pretty seamless, but admittedly, it does add time to the entire process...guessing a week or two on the front end and same on the back end, but if we're already waiting 6-87 months for hearing protection, not a big deal.

1/5 - cans and fingerprint package purchased.
1/10 - fingerprint kit arrived
1/11 - fingerprints mailed
1/19 - fingerprints ready, ATF form DocuSigned
1/22 - Eform4 submitted

Very easy process. If you want to speed it up week or so, order the fingerprint kit while you shop and research and make your decisions and get permission from the wife to buy another can. Or spend the money locally to get E-fingerprints done somehow.

Props to CA...every time I called someone with good customer service and knowledgeable answers picked up the phone. The certification process with the screen share was super simple as well.
View Quote

Yeah, my home fingerprint kit got "lost" on the return to CA. Had to reorder and do it over. Ship it back USPS Priority....I lost a month trying the prepaid snail mail envelope they included.

They are there as of yesterday though and I just got my docuSign returned. What's the next step...do they reach out for the eForm submission? Similar to SilencerShop?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Yeah, my home fingerprint kit got "lost" on the return to CA. Had to reorder and do it over. Ship it back USPS Priority....I lost a month trying the prepaid snail mail envelope they included.

They are there as of yesterday though and I just got my docuSign returned. What's the next step...do they reach out for the eForm submission? Similar to SilencerShop?
View Quote

https://www.capitolarmory.com/support/how-to-buy-a-suppressor-online.html
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Never used silencer shop. If prints were there yesterday, I'd be furiously checking my email starting tomorrow morning. They'll send an email with instructions, a link for a 'live session', and a number to call. Make sure you have the pertinent info (username and pin) from FATF account available.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Never used silencer shop. If prints were there yesterday, I'd be furiously checking my email starting tomorrow morning. They'll send an email with instructions, a link for a 'live session', and a number to call. Make sure you have the pertinent info (username and pin) from FATF account available.
View Quote

I got the docusign and completed it earlier today. No further email on instructions for next step…just the auto generated email from docusign saying it’s complete.

I’ll call them in a day or two if nothing else shows up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:02:08 AM EDT
[#19]

I got the docusign and completed it earlier today. No further email on instructions for next step…just the auto generated email from docusign saying it’s complete.

I’ll call them in a day or two if nothing else shows up.
View Quote

You’ll get an email within a day or so with directions to certify.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, this is frustrating.

I purchased a TBAC Ultra 9 from CA back in November or so and just got a disapproved email from eforms stating that “interstate transfers to non-licensees” are illegal.

On review of the Form 4 I’m looking at the transferor information and it has their Texas location instead of their Florida FFL. I’m assuming that’s going to be the issue at hand.

That’s about 3 months wasted and I’m probably being PCS’ed this summer which means I don’t have much time left to get this fixed. in the meantime I’m still out the money and the can.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
Well, this is frustrating.

I purchased a TBAC Ultra 9 from CA back in November or so and just got a disapproved email from eforms stating that “interstate transfers to non-licensees” are illegal.

On review of the Form 4 I’m looking at the transferor information and it has their Texas location instead of their Florida FFL. I’m assuming that’s going to be the issue at hand.

That’s about 3 months wasted and I’m probably being PCS’ed this summer which means I don’t have much time left to get this fixed. in the meantime I’m still out the money and the can.
View Quote

If you get pcs orders you can get it expedited
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#22]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

View Quote

Yeah ATF has been very helpful in the past when PCSing (I literally spent an hour on the phone with them one year while they signed and scanned back a bunch of 5320.20s that hadn’t made it back in time. ) problem is that they’re not in hand yet and due to funding I won’t get them until much closer to PCS date. Then you have the CLEO wait

Either way that’s still at least 3 months wasted, probably more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Yeah ATF has been very helpful in the past when PCSing (I literally spent an hour on the phone with them one year while they signed and scanned back a bunch of 5320.20s that hadn’t made it back in time. ) problem is that they’re not in hand yet and due to funding I won’t get them until much closer to PCS date. Then you have the CLEO wait

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Totally get it. Glad you already know about that
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#24]

Totally get it. Glad you already know about that
View Quote

Yeah. Just waiting for them to reach out on a solution. The rep on the phone said I should expect email from them, I was under the impression that they were actively looking into it as soon as I called but haven’t heard anything.

I know it’s only been part of a day and I would also assume they have people at SHOT, but really hoping to get this moving asap. Never had issues with CA in the past with other cans but it seems like SS may just have a better system for out of staters.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Any changes with shipping to WA state with the new laws?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Ordered two cans from CA and one can from SS in last week of September, all approved same day after new year's.

IMO, the CA process was smoother and the convenience of not having to drive to (2 hours round trip) and stand around my local FFL/SOT for 30-45 minutes makes the slight shipping delay worth it.  Plus CA sends extras, handy oven mitt deals.

Now if CA only had a TBAC Fly 9 in stock...

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Certifying through CA was a bit easier. Reason being is I’ve had some slow less than ideal local FFL and one decent one. You are at the mercy of your FFL SOT when certifying through an SS purchase.

The lady I dealt with at CA was nice and quick. Hope my Flow 556k gets approved in 4 months like my last one did in late 2023.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gypsyman] [#28]
Something to keep in mind with CA that I just ran into. If you order more than one can on a single order and only one of them gets approved and you want to have the approved unit shipped to you it affectively splits the order and you end up with a second shipping charge.

After seeing same day submissions get approved months apart I decided not to wait and pay for the additional shipping to get the first approved can delivered to me. After all this time waiting an additional $30 was worth it to at least get one in hand.

I do have three more Rex cans on order through my local SOT. We’ll see how that goes in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Think those were the goodies that Josh said to email/IM him on.
View Quote

Dang, I need to remember to ask for  and say hello to Joshua next time I'm in the store.  I'm 45 minutes away so I've just picked my suppressors up in person.  I did snag a sticker once for my beer fridge

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ericotterstratton] [#30]
Today I received my Enticer LTi and it took 341 days start to finish.  Thank you Capitol armory for the easy experience.  Ps I forgot to tell you to add some goodies to my order.  

March 2 purchased
March 3 certified
Jan 9 ATF approval
Jan 9 4473 docusign
Jan 30 Cleo accepted
Feb 4 shipped
Feb 7 ups delivered

Edit- there were goodies in the box when I got home today and was able to open the box.  Oven mit, patch, and stickers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I paid for the stamp on 1-9, all other steps were completed.

As a new guy to this, is this just waiting now?  My last contact with CA was just prior to paying for the stamp.  They answered that email in 20 minutes.  

I am not going to keep hitting them with email, just wondering what’s next.  I did the fingerprint scan thing at a ups store, CA got that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
I paid for the stamp on 1-9, all other steps were completed.

As a new guy to this, is this just waiting now?  My last contact with CA was just prior to paying for the stamp.  They answered that email in 20 minutes.  

I am not going to keep hitting them with email, just wondering what’s next.  I did the fingerprint scan thing at a ups store, CA got that.
View Quote

https://www.capitolarmory.com/support/how-to-buy-a-suppressor-online.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Yep, simply waiting on F4 approval.  Hell, I almost forgot I even bought one till this thread popped up in my subs.  Probably best to forget lol.
CA did me a solid with their process.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FAL:
Ranger 7

Efile
Submitted 12/12/23

View Quote
ATF approved: 2/12/2024
4473 filled out: 2/12/2024
Waiting on CLEO and shipping now...
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I think the dates are correct:
Order placed for Oculus and Obsidian 12/12/2023
Certified 12/13/2023
Approved 2/15/2024 (I think that is 65 days)
I filled out and submitted the 4473 this afternoon, very happy with the experience. I used silencer shop last time and was happy with that experience as well but it was more convenient not having to go to a dealer to use the kiosk.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Good experience for me.

2023-07-10 - Ordered
2023-07-11 - Had trouble getting logged in to the non-store site but fixed over email quickly.
2023-07-24 - Ready to certify (but I kept forgetting to do it)
2023-08-16 - E-Form 4 submitted
2024-01-26 - E-Form 4 approved
2024-01-30 - Login and fill out CLEO info
2024-02-13 - Shipped
2024-02-15 - Received
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered: 2/17/2024
Certified & Submitted: 2/20/2024

My last one only took two months to approve, so hopefully this one is just as short or shorter. Kudos to CA for simplifying this process.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:13:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FAL] [#39]
Originally Posted By FAL:
Ordered: 2/17/2024
Certified & Submitted: 2/20/2024

My last one only took two months to approve, so hopefully this one is just as short or shorter. Kudos to CA for simplifying this process.
View Quote
ETA: Got a hold of someone at CA and they said they will take care of it. Anyway, headline is 3 day approval!

Well, the process is quick but not perfect. I received ATF approval on the above on 2/23 - 3 days after submitting it - yes, you read that right, in 3 days.

However, while both are ATF approved, only one shows approved in the CA system. I tried calling CA but no one is answering so I'm going to ping Joshua here to see if he can help. That's the fastest approval I've ever seen.

@Joshua_CapitolArmory
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#40]
While I’m still not approved for my Griffin via CA can from 1/10, this thread is going to cost me.  Monday morning, I’m going to call CA.
Not about my pending, but to order a .30 can that’ll work on my griffin taper mount linear.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm waiting on 23dec2023...
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#42]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BullpupFan] [#43]
Originally] Posted By hoody2shoez:
I'm waiting on 23dec2023...
View Quote

Yeah something like 11-Dec-23 here. Kinda hating the 3-day approval guy myself.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:35:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WVUSIG] [#44]
Originally Posted By Green0:
I saw a youtube short this morning from a guy claiming 6 week form 3 on a HRT, and I was impressed with that.  Some fast lead times have happened lately, but it is still sporadic in that there is not predictability to it.
View Quote

My HRT that you were so helpful in answering my questions via PM was approved recently (ordered via Griffin's to your door service with CA on 11/22). Should ship from CA Tuesday and I should have it in hand on Wednesday. Pretty pumped!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:09:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:
Just got my can today. From the time my F4 was approved to the time I received my can was under a month - just a little under. 12/20 F4 approved, 1/11 can in hand.

While the process was super easy, I have to admit I’m a little leery about another. Adding more time to the already long NFA process is something I’ll have to weigh a bit more carefully. This isn’t my first NFA rodeo (far from it) so the vagaries of other folks aren’t hard for me to navigate.
View Quote

Fuckin insane. I've had one pending since OCT.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:

View Quote

Same here. Mine is a trust. Seems like they are rewarding individual filing over trust filing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

I think my overall wait was six months - including the wait above. The form 4 was like 5 months then the overhead above added another month or so.

Trust fwiw, not individual.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Are y’all saying it takes CA 3+ weeks to ship the can, after it’s been approved?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Are y’all saying it takes CA 3+ weeks to ship the can, after it’s been approved?
View Quote

Didn’t take mine that long. Scroll back through the thread and look at the timelines some of us have posted. You posted right after I posted my timeline.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top