Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2017 4:32:30 PM EDT
Just posted over in the industry forum:

Coming in the next few weeks Silencer Shop will be offering Form 1 paperwork processing for NFA items. For only $39.95 we will process and complete your entire Form 1 and submit to the ATF.

If you are already in our system it will be as easy as buying the tax stamp and answering a few quick questions. We will complete the paperwork with your fingerprints and photo. Additionally we will notify you when the ATF cashes your tax stamp.

All the benefits of buying a silencer now available for Form 1's!
View Quote
I'll be doing two right off the bat. I've been waiting for this to do my B&T.

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
This is something that needs an "Unlimited" option or a volume discount.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed. I've requested a 'frequent flier' plan.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup
$175?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome. I emailed them about this several months ago. I got lots pistols that need stocks. :)
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd pay that. Much easier than going and getting printed and pics and all that.

Funny....I asked them if I could do just this a week ago.

Guess they stole the idea haha
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope this is for all form 1 types, not just SBR. Just posted the question in the industry forum.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
And just when you thought you weren't going to buy anything else. LOL
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Suppress (and shorten) all the things!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
With Iowa on the verge of legalizing SBRs this needs to happen soon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No we have been working on this for quite some time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd pay that. Much easier than going and getting printed and pics and all that.

Funny....I asked them if I could do just this a week ago.

Guess they stole the idea haha
Ha yeah this has been in the works for a loooong time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I think this, along with the single shot trusts, is great.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I emailed 'em about it too a couple of months ago... Got the 'not at the moment but we're working on it' reply so I just sent off 2 F1's the old way last week... Oh well, I guess I do have another few lowers lying around that I'll let 'em do since they're nicely offering.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn't actually think you stole my idea wish it was out there sooner!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Excellent news. I agree $40 is tough to swallow, especially when you're already having to pay $200. That amount would probably be enough to make me just do paper forms. I wouldn't bat an eye at $25.

$30 might be the sweet spot that's low enough to not bother buyers, but high enough for all of SilencerShop's hard work in this to pay off?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#19]
As in do Form 1s on lowers I already own and in my possession or things bought from Silencer Shop?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I feel the current fee is a bit much. I'd be in for $25.00.

My Sheriff prints my cards, up to 6 at a time for $15.00. I get my photos, 3 sets at a time, so I'm good for 3 submissions.
I'm at about $25.00 out of pocket per submission. Mailing forms is quite easy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I need to SBR a few items and this would be awesome. I liked the ATF Efile method that was just so much easier. (with a trust) Hopefully this doesn't cost THAT much since I would rather skip paper work but I'm also cheap and would rather not pay $40.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So, $5 per submission for prints?

Does that mean you're paying $20 for a set of photos? Or are there other expenses you're including?

I'm asking because the photos ought be be <$.50/set.
View Quote
I'm getting my photos from Walgreen's at $15.00 a set. I do not have a color printer, just a monochrome laser printer.
I figured another $5.00 per submission for the cost to drive to get all the prints/pictures done.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Good news.

Good ol' American ingenuity. F'in leftist globalist throw up useless hurdles with 41f just to make it more time consuming and troublesome for US citizens to excercise their 1st A rights and within a year some bright bulbs come up with work arounds - the one time trusts and kiosks - that limit the damage the leftist tried to do.

Congrats,

JPK
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good ol' American ingenuity. F'in leftist globalist throw up useless hurdles with 41f just to make it more time consuming and troublesome for US citizens to excercise their 1st A rights and within a year some bright bulbs come up with work arounds - the one time trusts and kiosks - that limit the damage the leftist tried to do.
View Quote
I've been very impressed with SS lately, in the face of adversity they really upped their game and I think it'll pay off.

If only they would make nice with SiCo and Dead Air, all would be well in the world of NFA. Please, SS... All we are asking you to do is extend the olive branch.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#28]
SS,

It would be a good idea to remind Powered By dealers that they can use your system for suppressors not sourced through SS. I have had to inform my favorite local Powered By dealer of this fact. Twice I think.

ETA: With SS's ingenious set up, I think it just bad business if SiCo and DeadAir don't play ball.

JPK
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We have.

Keep in mind that if you Powered By dealer carries a brand we don't have you can still use our system.
View Quote
What if a store doesn't have a kiosk? Is there a way to buy from theme and still use your kiosk?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#31]
So how does my Powered by Dealer/me use kiosk for an item not bought through SS. Do I have to enter information for item into kiosk? I assume it can be applied to any item on FORM 4 SBS, SBR etc?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#33]
It sounds smooth and simple but some dealers need more training on how it works or until they have more transactions and learn the system.

Quoted:
The dealer enters your name and email into the dealer portal that we provide to them. They assign the serial number and we take over from there.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It sounds smooth and simple but some dealers need more training on how it works or until they have more transactions and learn the system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The dealer enters your name and email into the dealer portal that we provide to them. They assign the serial number and we take over from there.
This is the case.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My Sheriff prints my cards, up to 6 at a time for $15.00. I get my photos, 3 sets at a time, so I'm good for 3 submissions.
View Quote
$25.00 ? My local PD does it for free. Your not adding in your own time to fill out the form go to the PDs office and get your photos done either.  I think $40.00 is more then fair, especially how easy SilencerShop makes it for us.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#36]
if you really want to do it on the cheep hit Ebay for the ink and card holder order the fingerprint cards from BAFT free, and do tons of sets for under 20 bucks.

You can also do your own photo's with your cell and a "passport app"
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#37]
This is awesome. I have a G40MOS that is begin for a stock.

I will have a hard time with figuring out overall length. Will SS have a section that will help with that?

I am wanting to mod a endo tactical to work with the G40.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm good with the service being $40 since they are streamlining everything. I guess I'll have a few more items to do.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is awesome. I have a G40MOS that is begin for a stock.

I will have a hard time with figuring out overall length. Will SS have a section that will help with that?

I am wanting to mod a endo tactical to work with the G40.
View Quote
People ask for measurements on things all the time. I've always done my homework by looking at factory measurements of things and doing the math. It's not like the ATF is picky on the OAL anyway. That's a lot of extra work for SS to go to instead of the person who's going to build the gun being aware of what they're building.

My G22 SBR w/Endo & SOPMOD:

4.5" barrel
24" overall

Just do the math for a G40 vs. a G22.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tag for later. I'm driving now and can't focus

I usually buy from online dealers, transfer at shop ABC but only shop XYZ has a kiosk. You're saying I'm good?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
$25.00 ? My local PD does it for free. Your not adding in your own time to fill out the form go to the PDs office and get your photos done either.  I think $40.00 is more then fair, especially how easy SilencerShop makes it for us.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheriff charges $10 per card here as in $20 a set
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sheriff charges $10 per card here as in $20 a set
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I usually buy from online dealers, transfer at shop ABC but only shop XYZ has a kiosk. You're saying I'm good?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you will have to either drive to XYZ to use the kiosk or mail in completed fingerprint cards.  That kills it for me. Closest kiosk is 45mi away so I'll keep sending them in myself.

Edit- state police does free prints and its on the way to work so I'm only out a few minutes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Wait so for $239 my AR pistol becomes a SBR?  Done.

But what about fingerprints and photos?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#47]
So if we have purchased post 41P and our info is already in SS system. Then we just fill out the info, pay the Tax and SS for sending in the paperwork?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wait so for $239 my AR pistol becomes a SBR?  Done.

But what about fingerprints and photos?
View Quote
You could've always paid $200 for your AR pistol to become an SBR...this doesn't change that.

You fingerprint yourself on the kiosk and take a photo with their app on your phone.

The kiosk and the app were both...not great...when I used them. Thankfully since I've been through that pain in the ass process already, Form 1s via the kiosk should now be as quick and painless as E-forms were. Granted I'll have to leave the house to do it, but I won't have to deal with ATF's fucktastic website. Give and take I guess.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We are listening to you.
View Quote
Put me on the list of people who would be interested in an unlimited option.
I already have an unlimited Single Shot Trust, but you could also think about selling a package deal with both.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top