Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2016 7:13:37 PM EDT
I am getting back into reloading 9mm. Anyone have any issues using powder coated bullets in through a suppressor?

I you have any other recommendations i would appreciate it!!

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm working through some issues.  Currently, oversized bore seems to be the primary culprit.  I have a bunch of .358" bullets loaded in 9mm, and I plan to run them through a muzzle brake (easier to clean out) for comparison, but haven't had a chance to get out and shoot them yet.  

Past discussion here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm working through some issues.  Currently, oversized bore seems to be the primary culprit.  I have a bunch of .358" bullets loaded in 9mm, and I plan to run them through a muzzle brake (easier to clean out) for comparison, but haven't had a chance to get out and shoot them yet.  

Past discussion here.
View Quote

thanks for link!

I will be using them in glock 19 & 43 and glock mag AR
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
All the same rules apply to coated bullets as cast bullets.  That means you need to be .001" to .002" over bore diameter, the leade has to offer a smooth transition from chamber to bore, the bore has to be smooth, etc.  You will get leading and/or coating gunk if something is off.  On the positive, powder coated bullets are more forgiving of lead alloy softness or hardness, handle higher velocities, and can leave a bore cleaner if everything is right.

I suggest shooting a bunch of your loads without the suppressor to make sure there isn't an issue before attaching the suppressor.
Top Top