Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/22/2014 9:34:17 PM EDT
One of our local HTF sponsors here in Georgia is running a killer deal on Tirants.  If I didn't already have one I would be buying one.  I paid $400 for mine used a few years back and that was a steal.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody know if these are any good on 300 BO?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one earlier today when I got the in-stock notice.  Cool deal with the $200 Gift card back.  The GC maybe worth $150 real value so its like getting the can for $200.  I would have much rather had a mystic x though so its bitter sweet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

If you ask AAC you get different responses but apparently they still warranty it (subsonic only of course).  Silencerco Stalking Rhino makes a 5/8x24 piston for it, AAC doesn't.  If you run the AAC fixed barrel spacer and a thread converter there have been multiple pictures of them broken off.  Its one of the better designs for noise reduction in the size/weight.  Lots of subsonic 300blk videos out there and it performs very good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
So these qualify for the Damn the Man 200$ promotion?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, they do.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, they do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they do.
Alright, I ordered one... what's the product code for the Damn the Man? I don't see one on the quiet riot website that matches anything on AAC's site.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
100413 if you ordered it in 1/2x28
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
mine
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

100413 if you ordered it in 1/2x28
View Quote
Great, thanks!

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Ti-Rant 9 better than an evo 9 for 9mm ar use?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:40:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
AAC says don't do it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you ask AAC you get different responses but apparently they still warranty it (subsonic only of course).  Silencerco makes a 5/8x24 piston for it, AAC doesn't.  If you run the AAC fixed barrel spacer and a thread converter there have been multiple pictures of them broken off.  Its one of the better designs for noise reduction in the size/weight.  Lots of subsonic 300blk videos out there and it performs very good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you ask AAC you get different responses but apparently they still warranty it (subsonic only of course).  Silencerco makes a 5/8x24 piston for it, AAC doesn't.  If you run the AAC fixed barrel spacer and a thread converter there have been multiple pictures of them broken off.  Its one of the better designs for noise reduction in the size/weight.  Lots of subsonic 300blk videos out there and it performs very good.

i'm confused, are you saying SilencerCo pistons works in AAC cans?

Quiet Riot sells both a fixed and piston for use in the Tirant 45, not sure if it would work on a 9.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate you guys.  First the $300 Evo-9 deal, now the $348 Ti-RANT 9 deal.......  Between those and the killer deal Silencer Shop has on Surefire cans I've got a lot of paper waiting at the ATF currently......
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Dangit quit posting these deals!!!   I just missed out on the capital armory BOGO deal while getting my funds together. Then this comes up and my CC info is at home. Hope I can make it home from work in time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quiet Riot sells both a fixed and piston for use in the Tirant 45, not sure if it would work on a 9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAC does not make one, most people are using the $20 AAC fixed barrel spacer with a thread converter.  Stalking Rhino makes a Tirant 5/8x24 pistol for the Tirant 9 that can be used, that is a better option, there is going to be a production run next month for $80 shipped, the last ones for the Tirant 45 are in stock at quietriot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been researching 9mm suppressors for awhile now and have decided that the AAC Ti-Rant would be the best for my use.

I do not have a trust set up, what's the fastest way for me to get this deal?

Call Arsenal Attorneys to set up a trust, validate it with a spare lower I have, buy the Ti-Rant, and the tax stamp?

Anything else? Besides waiting... Haha
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been researching 9mm suppressors for awhile now and have decided that the AAC Ti-Rant would be the best for my use.

Call Arsenal Attorneys to set up a trust, validate it with a spare lower I have, buy the Ti-Rant, and the tax stamp?

View Quote

You can get a trust from whoever you want or make it yourself. Depends on how much you want to spend and what you're looking for. There are a bunch of posts about trusts and getting started with NFA items. Check out the General Class 3 Forum (http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/17_.html) and the Legal Forum (http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/50_Class_3_Legal_Issues_And_Questions.html).
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#19]
What with all the recent AAC deep discounts?   This buy one get one/former class leader for $200/top can for $300 thing makes me a little nervous-
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

First, buy the damn thing. you have time to figure out the rest. You'll need a trust or corp. only after the form 3 comes in approved and it ships to a local (to you) dealer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

First, buy the damn thing. you have time to figure out the rest. You'll need a trust or corp. only after the form 3 comes in approved and it ships to a local (to you) dealer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like closeout pricing on the aac flagship product.   $200 credit on a $350 can?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What with all the recent AAC deep discounts?   This buy one get one/former class leader for $200/top can for $300 thing makes me a little nervous-
View Quote

either a new model coming out or AAC is starved for cash and on the rocks as a company...   given they are managed by Cerebus I would guess the latter...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone please talk me out of this. I was going to wait and get an Octane 45HD. Most all of my hosts are 9mm though......
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most local (Houston, TX) NFA dealers are not accepting transfers until 41P is decided as we have a very unfriendly CLEO.

No can for me right now...

I won't be on Houston forever. I need a can for a Mk12 clone!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#26]
call pasadena gun center,

i just ordered one, and im getting it sent there.

they will do the transfer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Most local (Houston, TX) NFA dealers are not accepting transfers until 41P is decided as we have a very unfriendly CLEO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

41P doesn't have anything to do with transfers at the dealer level...it's all about what is necessary to get approval.  Any dealer worth dealing with will look at the documents and send them in. Also, you have a huge state to work with...you can use any dealer in Texas.

If you want to get something right now, you might try Silencer Shop's special on an Evo 9.  You can buy everything you need right from them -- a trust, the tax stamp fee, and a transfer fee to your local dealer (or you could pick it up directly from their shop in Austin, I believe, and not pay the transfer fee)
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Take 4 credit cards drive to Austin and go nuts and 41P can kick rocks. Buy all your stuff now before the rules change
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Since you jerks didn't talk me out of buying one, I went ahead and did it
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess I could always use another 9mm can right?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

41P doesn't have anything to do with transfers at the dealer level...it's all about what is necessary to get approval.  Any dealer worth dealing with will look at the documents and send them in. Also, you have a huge state to work with...you can use any dealer in Texas.

If you want to get something right now, you might try Silencer Shop's special on an Evo 9.  You can buy everything you need right from them -- a trust, the tax stamp fee, and a transfer fee to your local dealer (or you could pick it up directly from their shop in Austin, I believe, and not pay the transfer fee)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So let's say I call and order one tomorrow and it's Form 3'ed to Houston. I get my trust set up on Friday, the can arrives at a local NFA dealer next week. I pay the transfer fee, then the tax. Form 4 and a copy of the trust are sent in. Wait.

What if, during that waiting period, 41P passes requiring CLEO sign off. My CLEO will not sign off. I'd eventually like to move to Colorado, but what if I don't? Am I $800 in the hole? (suppressor cost, trust cost, Form 3 transfer cost, tax stamp cost, etc.)

ETA: quiet riot firearms will not refund suppressor cost if 41P passes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Form 3 wait time is 8-12 weeks right now. Buy using Silencer Shop and they can create your trust, fill out your Form 4 paperwork, and mail the suppressor to you, since you live in Texas. Have you read through their website yet?

If you Form 3 from Quiet Riot you will wait for it to arrive at your local dealer. No one knows what will happen with 41P, if anything even happens. No one knows yet how it will work. There is a period of time after it is announced before it is implemented. You can get the $200 tax back, regardless.

There are many resources, including the stickies in these forums, to learn more about the NFA process. Also there are  many options for CLEO signoff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#33]
I can help with the trust and transfer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:19:10 AM EDT
[#34]

So let's say I call and order one tomorrow and it's Form 3'ed to Houston. I get my trust set up on Friday, the can arrives at a local NFA dealer next week. I pay the transfer fee, then the tax. Form 4 and a copy of the trust are sent in. Wait.

What if, during that waiting period, 41P passes requiring CLEO sign off. My CLEO will not sign off. I'd eventually like to move to Colorado, but what if I don't? Am I $800 in the hole? (suppressor cost, trust cost, Form 3 transfer cost, tax stamp cost, etc.)

View Quote

What you're probably looking at is something more like this,
1) You call and order one tomorrow and the dealer (Quiet riot, SS) submits a form3 to the ATF for a transfer to Your local guy (Joe Blow's guns). You haven't bought the Tax stamp yet or or paid a dealer transfer fee.
2) wait for awhile (maybe a month but as long as 3 months)
3) Your dealer to dealer form 3 gets approved and the dealer (quiet riot, Silencer Shop) will then ship to your local guy (joe blows guns). When joe blow receives the item  he will call you  and at that time you should have a trust ready to go.
4) You take a copy of your trust and $200 with you to joe blows guns and he will fill out and mail /submit the form 4. ( mine were done through email and snail mail as my dealer was 3 hours away) You'll pay the dealer transfer fee now too.
5) you wait for a long time ( Maybe 6 months, maybe more)   I would mentally prepare myself for a 1 year wait if I were you (from when you buy it to when you get it)

So that's the timeline or at least a timeline.
Now the 41P proposed rule change, I don't think anybody really knows if or how that will go down but I think most are thinking any class3/title 2 item already in the system and pending will probably not be subject to the new proposed rule change.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for all the business so far guys.  If you need anything all my contact info is below.

Our form 3s have been coming back VERY quickly as of late, so you'll most likely be in the system well before any 41P nonsense is decided.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#36]
That had been my experience with form 3s. They are being approved quickly
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't want to step on Jake's toes in anyway...but for you guys in TX having an issue getting a transfer done, just call Silencer Shop. I have it on good authority that they'll match any deal you find as long as that other company still has them in stock. Plus, you don't have to wait for the Form 3.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Bigwaylon is right just got off the phone and my wallet is a little lighter
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#39]
As good of a place as any I guess.... for those who have used the TiRant, assuming a FMJ only diet...

How long or how many rounds do you go between cleanings?

How many months would you go between cleaning?

What method do you use to clean the baffles?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#40]
is the TiRant user serviceable?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:39:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
is the TiRant user serviceable?

View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Well gents, you've talked me in to my first suppressor! Paid for it this afternoon and will get my trust notarized tomorrow, emailed off asap so I can begin the wait! Thanks for your encouragement!

Now I'm seriously debating a 7.62 Saker while I'm at it... Tough call because I need an Allen Engineering AEM5 for a Mk12. But I could use the Saker of everything else.... Hmm....
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#43]
I thought the credit can only be used towards stuff from the AAC store, and not towards a silencer from a different website?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as you shoot subsonic rds and a FIXED BARREL SPACER for the neilsen device, you will be fine.  It is QUIET!  Ask me how I know.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I thought the credit can only be used towards stuff from the AAC store, and not towards a silencer from a different website?
View Quote

That's correct. Only for non-serialized items on their website, so not even another can directly from them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what if a plane crashes into the post office guy as hes about to deliver your suppressor?

just buy the damn thing,,

ETA:

just read that you bought one.. welcome to the club!

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well gents, you've talked me in to my first suppressor! Paid for it this afternoon and will get my trust notarized tomorrow, emailed off asap so I can begin the wait! Thanks for your encouragement!

Now I'm seriously debating a 7.62 Saker while I'm at it... Tough call because I need an Allen Engineering AEM5 for a Mk12. But I could use the Saker of everything else.... Hmm....
View Quote

saker had the worlds best mounting system,

a little on the heavy side but solid.

i have the 556 and am thinking about picking up the 762..
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

AAC store only as already mentioned and very few items are in-stock.  The stuff that would have been easy to flip like the $10 pmags were taken off the site.  Most of the stuff like mounts that are out of stock on the website they actually have inventory of, apparently they don't have packaging for them.  You may be able to call in and make it work.  We got some stuff exchanged last week, mounts they did not have on site, but called in and they had a ton of them and just shipped them out without the plastic packet they come in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Well you guys lightened my wallet, too!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#50]
They have some other amazing deals too.

AAC 300TM plus Tirant 9 for $1100
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top