Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 4/4/2014 1:32:47 PM EDT
The eForms software is not performing to our expectations.  As a result, we are taking the eForms system down until further notice.  We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product.  Any eForm submitted will continue to be processed.  The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Until the eForms system is returned to service for the industry, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any eForms in draft status.
View Quote

Discuss.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope none of mine get kicked back for any reason.  I wonder how they'd handle that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how long it will take for them to ''fix'' it this time....
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Well shit, had a form1 filled out for a Kriss Vector SBR but hadn't submitted yet because it kept crashing on me  
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you supply a link to the official statement?  Did this happen early in the year?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you supply a link to the official statement?  Did this happen early in the year?
View Quote

Just go to the e-forms website. It official statement is on the front page.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
That's great news the day I ordered my Saker 7.62. Now I'll probably looking at 3 months for the form 3 transfer. I hate this!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to clear the cookies before I could see the post.

I had a form 3 in draft.  The site would not  recognize a ein number.  Sent an email last week regarding it, received a reply that I should be good to go last night.  Tried last night and all day today.  Now this

Great timing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel your pain. I just submitted an order on Silencer shop because of their fast form 3 times.

Welp, guess I have to wait till July now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Who didn't see this coming?  Especially after the FBHObamacare website fiasco.  Once again, govt proves that it cannot do what private industry can.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Its funny with all the recent and misdirected hating on silencershop we all better pray the atf allows silencershop employees to help them create a system because those guys are qualified experienced and smart enough to do the job.  Paper forms were gutting our industry for about 12 solid months before e forms came online.  

Short of a serious and immediate collaboration on a technology solution or an interstate commerce lawsuit by a giant like surefire or cerebus the industry is going to be harmed by similar regulatory inefficiency.  Companies are probably not 100% recovered from the last time the nfa rollercoaster took a plunge into 5 month form 3s and 13+ month form 4s.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Nooooooo

Dealer said he would submit my 4 by today. Hope he got it in.

Dang
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad I got two in before it got closed down. Maybe I should have ordered another .
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I have 4 that were submitted about 45 days ago....where does this leave me?  How will they proceed?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Discuss.
View Quote

This is good for everyone with a submission, good for everyone with plans to make a submission shortly, and shitty for everyone else.

Probably a good idea for them to do this, but I reserve the right to change my mind if they drag this out forever.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#15]
good for everyone with plans to make a submission shortly,
View Quote

I'm not following you. Because there will be a drought of paper submissions?

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#16]
So what happens if an efiled Form  4 gets kicked back?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Wanna bet the site is not up until after the 41P ruling?  Maybe after the Elections in the fall?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Leave it to the ATF to post a two paragraph blurb concerning a problem that will cost US citizens 5-6 months of additional time waiting on the Bureau to process approvals.  No big deal, right?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wanna bet the site is not up until after the 41P ruling?  Maybe after the Elections in the fall?
View Quote

Yeah I could see them waiting till after the 41p ruling, prob not elections tho
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Leave it to the ATF to post a two paragraph blurb concerning a problem that will cost US citizens 5-6 months of additional time waiting on the Bureau to process approvals.  No big deal, right?
View Quote

They flat out don't give a shit about you or any of us with forms waiting. At all.

The system is working perfectly in the original intent of deterring ownership. I will be watching the pending date threads close for upcoming stamps.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There will be no ruling on 41p until next year.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#22]
So I just mailed one off to the dealer to efile and was waiting on word from other dealer if he does efile.

So if I submit via mail now and the system goes back up next month or even in a few months I will be stuck waiting
so much longer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Is there a way to track where your Efile form is?  Or is that down also?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

·         Copy of submitted or finalized eForm

o   Direct a request to [email protected]

o   Provide specific information regarding what is being requested

·         Status queries

o   Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550

o   Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

·         Status queries

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

·         Status queries

Thanks I asked my dealer who did all of this if there was a way to check the status and he said no there was not....
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#26]
My dealer just posted this news and, at best, it has me annoyed!  

I paid to set up a trust last week, dropped off the notarized copy of the trust at my dealer Wednesday and he planned to file it on Sunday with several others since the system worked much better than during the normal week, and then this comes along.  Arg!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder what this will do for those already pending. Hmm.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#28]
That just figures as I was about to have my dealer put in one for me this next week....
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're lucky, and entered everything correctly, they'll email your approved paperwork.

If you did something wrong, you're ducked. Good luck even getting a refund.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you're lucky, and entered everything correctly, they'll email your approved paperwork.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the 2 Form 1's I have in the system have errors I won't be re-submitting as I am at 4 months now.  It just isn't worth it to me as long as I get refunded my money.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The eForms software is not performing to our expectations.  As a result, we are taking the eForms system down until further notice.  We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product. Any eForm submitted will continue to be processed.  The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Until the eForms system is returned to service for the industry, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any eForms in draft status.

Discuss.

Um, bro?

On second thought maybe you were referring to timeframes. I would think that they would speed up because they won't have anything coming in.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Um, bro?

On second thought maybe you were referring to timeframes. I would think that they would speed up because they won't have anything coming in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The eForms software is not performing to our expectations.  As a result, we are taking the eForms system down until further notice.  We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product. Any eForm submitted will continue to be processed.  The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Discuss.

Um, bro?

I guess should have clarified. Yes I meant to the timeframe of forms already submitted being approved. I did read my OP.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Eforms down Ouch! I should have 2 efiles coming back mid May(not quite sure now). I planned on buying 3 more Supps and 1 more MG via Efile.
Guess I will just wait until these come back before buying more. Hopefully it will be up and running again by June.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Start raising hell with your senators and reps and use this as another example why the NFA needs to go away.
I just picked up my Element 2 today; I know you're talking about e-file but the Element 2 paper form 4 was started 4/23/13.  ridiculous either way
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm going to NFA branch and will volunteer...WILL WORK FOR STAMPS!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Wow, I have my form1 already submitted, I'm praying it doesn't get kicked back!!!

I have a Saker on order, I'm hoping to have it at my SOT by May...so I REALLY hope they get this figured out by then...no way am I submitting a paper form and waiting over a year, I'll wait on the eForms.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow, I have my form1 already submitted, I'm praying it doesn't get kicked back!!!

I have a Saker on order, I'm hoping to have it at my SOT by May...so I REALLY hope they get this figured out by then...no way am I submitting a paper form and waiting over a year, I'll wait on the eForms.

View Quote

Depends on how long (if at all) eforms takes to return. . I'm in the same boat....gonna give it a week before deciding what to do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they email approved form 1? Is it a copy with stamp and mail form with stamp attached to home address?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Start raising hell with your senators and reps and use this as another example why the NFA needs to go away.

View Quote

Everyone do this.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just picked up my Element 2 today; I know you're talking about e-file but the Element 2 paper form 4 was started 4/23/13.  ridiculous either way
View Quote

Shit, we can't even make obamacare go away.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#41]
ATF got tired of idiots bitching about bulk uploads. LOL
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#42]
This is just proof that I have the worst timing in the world.  I finally decided to order my first can 2 days ago...and then I find out about this.  Add that to the fact that I am waiting on 2 SBR stamps I sent off for in August before me or my dealer was even aware of the efile system.  My jump into the NFA world has been a real let down...
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#43]
I literally just went and bought a suppressor through silencer shop. And just went to my dealer to pay the eFile fee. What the fuck.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that all of the attention that the efile system has gotten lately between companies complaining about each other and people complaining how poor the system is has pushed them to shut it down. Sure the system needs a refresh but they could do that in parallel while leaving the current system up and running.  I really think they just got tired of hearing all of the B*****ing.  It wouldn’t surprise me though if they if they are using this as a convenient excuse to shut it down e-filing for a while. It seems that there has been pretty big uptick in the number of suppressors being sold around the country since the introduction of the efile system and the pending changes to NFA trust policies.  A year long wait is a big detractor form going through the process of buying a suppressor. While I have wanted one for a long time I never seriously entertained buying one until the efile system came along. Now I have some stuck in limbo (dealer couldn’t get form uploaded).  A move such as this would cool off some of the desire to purchase a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think that all of the attention that the efile system has gotten lately between companies complaining about each other and people complaining how poor the system is has pushed them to shut it down. Sure the system needs a refresh but they could do that in parallel while leaving the current system up and running.  I really think they just got tired of hearing all of the B*****ing.  It wouldn’t surprise me though if they if they are using this as a convenient excuse to shut it down e-filing for a while. It seems that there has been pretty big uptick in the number of suppressors being sold around the country since the introduction of the efile system and the pending changes to NFA trust policies.  A year long wait is a big detractor form going through the process of buying a suppressor. While I have wanted one for a long time I never seriously entertained buying one until the efile system came along. Now I have some stuck in limbo (dealer couldn’t get form uploaded).  A move such as this would cool off some of the desire to purchase a suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a few years ago paper forms were processed in less time then the 90days of early eforms but you waited for eforms?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
as even I get tired of all the bitching about the website, wait times ect ect and I don't even work for ATF
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So they email approved form 1? Is it a copy with stamp and mail form with stamp attached to home address?
View Quote

If you eFiled, you get an email approval with a digital stamp in the corner. No paper copy with a "real" stamp coming later in the mail. Yes, it's technically "illegal" for them to do it that way according to the way the law is written, but that's the BATFE for you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If the down time allows them to fix it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rog. Let's hope.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm surprised no one has made the assumption that they took it down due to the ATF is going to jam and ram 41p through by rubber stamping a response to the majority of the comments and answer the handful of comments, individually.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top