Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/28/2011 4:58:49 PM EDT
So what about Griffin Armament?  I haven't heard much about there products. The M4-SD looks like a good deal.  

M4-SD
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know a lot about them, but the owner seems to be a huge douche that tries to crap on all the other companies.  They're the ones who made the suppressor that said point towards arab.... also, what from what i've seen, the welds on the cans didn't look so hot.

there's a couple threads on his douchery on silencertalk
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
If I were to purchase a suppressor, it would not be from them. The above post is correct. EJECT!
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha, it honestly seems like every where he posts, the thread gets locked and he eventually gets banned.  We should start taking bets how long he lasts.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had one very small dealing with him on a used barrel.
Which I came out the loser.

Look somewhere else for a can.
It seems you want a birdcage attachable can. gemtech halo?

+1 for Major Malfunction, best prices I have found.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know a lot about them, but the owner seems to be a huge douche that tries to crap on all the other companies.  They're the ones who made the suppressor that said point towards arab.... also, what from what i've seen, the welds on the cans didn't look so hot.

Funny this came up, i just saw a thread with him going full retard on SnipersHide resulting in him getting banned.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Did he get banned from here?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

He's no longer an industry partner, I know that much.

As to the other post's I don't know what they're talking about.

Then again, I haven't been in the suppressor forum for some time so I don't know if things have changed.

I did buy one of his first run Checkmate .22 suppressors.  I put too much wire pulling gel in there and ruined one of the caps. He upgraded it right away to the SS end cap.  Another member here, Balki, has a Silencerco Sparrow. We both have P-22's and shot both suppressors next to each other using the same ammo.  Four people standing there couldn't tell the difference between the two and honestly the Sparrow, to our ears had a louder FRP.

Take from that what you will.  I never had anything but a positive experience from Green-O or Griffin Armament.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#8]
went and did a search. Last log in date was yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one of his Checkmate QD cans also and I love it.  

I don't know where you guys get off calling him a douche bag.  All of the posts that I have seen from him have been very technical and informative.  Maybe his sin is that he tents to butt into threads about other manufacturers but I have rarely need him brag how much better his cans are over manufacture X's cans unlike I have seen from other companies. *cough* AAC! *cough*  

And he doesn't seam to start boyish schoolyard arguments like another company owner does on this forum. *cough* Larue! *cough*

His can's are innovative, priced well, and perform great.  And he has answered my e-mail questions quickly and professionally.  I don't see why he should be overlooked.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't know where you guys get off calling him a douche bag.  All of the posts that I have seen from him have been very technical and informative.  Maybe his sin is that he tents to butt into threads about other manufacturers but I have rarely need him brag how much better his cans are over manufacture X's cans unlike I have seen from other companies. *cough* AAC! *cough*  

And he doesn't seam to start boyish schoolyard arguments like another company owner does on this forum. *cough* Larue! *cough*

His can's are innovative, priced well, and perform great.  And he has answered my e-mail questions quickly and professionally.  I don't see why he should be overlooked.

This is from just yesterday. Trust me, there's more....
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2324740#Post2324740

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2324740#Post2324740

That was what I saw

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Would never buy anything from him based on his actions here, on SilencerTalk, and how he believes blatant racism put on his suppressors is justified because he's been "over there."
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine, But I've seen Larue pull similar stunts on this forum and on others and I'll bet that you still cream every time you buy something from him.

And in before, "Larue makes badass shit so he can do whatever he wants!" comment.

I just guess everybody's a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, he sure showed his ass over there.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn,that thread's a major example of a hand grenade bouncing right back into the throwers lap.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine, But I've seen Larue pull similar stunts on this forum and on others and I'll bet that you still cream every time you buy something from him.

And in before, "Larue makes badass shit so he can do whatever he wants!" comment.

I just guess everybody's a hypocrite.

ha, well this is about the guys at griffin armament, not larue. You're the only one talking about them, no one is going to disagree with you that larue has a get out of jail free card.  However, that card comes from them delivering quality, awesome products that don't have racial slurs on them.  Griffin Armament is severely lacking in that department.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The rifle cans, which are the subject of the thread, are not innovative, and they do not perform great. The owner was posting that the new fad "mini" cans perform around 140 dB and are thus "marginally useful"....well, his full size cans are over 140. I pointed this out and he accused me of talking shit and being a Titsworth fanboy.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The rifle cans, which are the subject of the thread, are not innovative, and they do not perform great. The owner was posting that the new fad "mini" cans perform around 140 dB and are thus "marginally useful"....well, his full size cans are over 140. I pointed this out and he accused me of talking shit and being a Titsworth fanboy.

I have no experience with his 5.56 cans and don't have access to John's site. However, his .22 suppressor does VERY well in my honest opinion.  It can hang with the Sparrow and I don't really think that, that is anything to sneeze at.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#19]
the more I think about this, i'm not goin to say any more about these guys because it's kinda shitty to be ripping on these guys.  They'll prove how much they do or don't suck on their own.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
the more I think about this, i'm not goin to say any more about these guys because it's kinda shitty to be ripping on these guys.  They'll prove how much they do or don't suck on their own.

They have already proved it. Enough said.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Muff Said
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a .308 Scout from Griffin and it's great.  I have a Checkmate sitting at my dealer that should be approved shortly.  Austin was very nice to deal with and happily sent in the appropriate forms to the ATF to help me out when i changed my mind on what I was buying and in what order.  He's helped me with a couple other things that had nothing to do with his business or him making anything.  From my dealings with him he's been honest, forthright, helpful, and just a nice guy.

The Scout I bought is their first generation and I only paid $250 I think.  It works fine, especially given what I paid for it.  Replacing my YHM can with the Scout cut my group sizes in half.  It may not be the quietest can on the market, but I wasn't expecting that.  Yah, sure you can see a couple welds, but I'm not buying a showpiece, I'm lugging it around the woods and sagebrush.  I sprayed some krylon on her and now she looks and runs great.  I couldn't be happier with  what I got for what I paid.  No complaints here, just happy with my purchase.

I've read quite a few of his posts here and they've been explanitory and helpful.  Guess I missed the a**hole stuff...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I met one of the owners at a gun show and thought he was a stand up guy.

They are located about 30 minutes away from me so I was planning on getting one of their 5.56 cans since they are local

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

First to be very clear
I never called anyone a Titsworth fanboy and I'm sure you're very clearly aware of that-  I am friends with John Titsworth and I feel he is a good person who's done the industry a favor with regard to going out of his way to help several manufacturers at one time or another, contrary to all the people bagging on him, including AAC who seem to think his haircut is a mullet which it is not, and have nicknamed and perpetuated some sort of mullet nickname for John which I feel is derogatory and bull shit.

Edit I also think Mark Larue is a good guy- I believe in actions speaking louder than words.  Mark donated a bunch of swag to a private military sniper competition Evan and I were competing in, and there was no media- no civilian presence- Mark did that just to be a good guy.  I don't care if he flies off the handle, I know his actions are supporting customers and soldiers.  

Secondly, I appreciate the comments from the people who have dealt with me and had good experiences. I try to do my best to shoot straight and be honest.  

My brother did post over on Snipers Hide- I was right there with him and told him not to post [to be honest I thought the pink T-shirted men at the firearms show were wierd, but I thought the post was a juvenile action] but he's his own person and I'm not going to stop him like a dictator of his life choices, so I didn't stand in and force him to act contrary to his personal direction.  I did respond in the thread, and then did respond to threats of "pooling gas money and bringing the AAC gang to visit my house and teach me a lesson." <while my brother and I are currently deployed in Iraq.  I wanted to remind the people threatening us that we are in Iraq and not to harm our families at home.  If they want to come here and visit that would be vastly "bigger" of them.   Somewhere between that emphasis and reminding the threatening individuals involved that we are both professional soldiers based out of a secure, credentialed, facility with controlled access (in other words I can't get them admitted if they were to visit), the moderators construed something as a threat, and we were banned for 3 days.

Now for the poster above, something has to be understood with regard to your comments.  Our M4-SD suppressor is 6" long.  It does 26-28DB's at the muzzle and approximately 139 at the mil-std ear location on barrels 10.5-14.5" long (better on shorter barrels).  

Those numbers can't be compared to the Mini-4 from AAC which does according to the winter catalog of AAC: "Despite it's compact dimensions, the Mini-4 reduces THE MUZZLE SIGNATURE below 140DB's at THE SHOOTERS EAR and dramatically reduces visible flash."   When you translate that, it means, the AAC can does ~143-145DB's 1M left of the muzzle on a 14.5" M4 carbine.  That is approximately 2-4DB's louder than the SRT Typhoon with Atlas mount that AAC representatives, including Kevin Brittingham, constantly, and shamelessly rip on.

In recent prototyping, we did manufacture a 18 ounce 5.6" suppressor that did aproxomately 140DB at the 1M mil-Std location, and below 140DB at the shooters ear.  It was our decision that this performance was probably not good enough to be competitive on the market.  

I'm really not an asshole.  What I am is a person who detests and despises Kevin Brittingham for what he stands for.  In my opinion:
He destroys suppressor industry small business reputations, he and the AAC team unethically reduce market sales of smaller competing companies through what are basic smear campaigns and the SRT Typhoon with Atlas mount is a perfect example of that. He and AAC, have used the wounded warrior project for marketing.  AAC is a manipulative company that hires and uses soldiers for personal gain.  When he hires a soldier, he feels that makes him and his company a military company, and I disagree.  I think veterans are less careless about how they use their status for personal gain than he is with the status of people he hires, which is something he wears around his neck like a medal of honor and pushes like a billboard advertisement.  The people are clearly strategic hires in order to achieve military sales and to appeal to military people who write military contract solicitations, product requests, and orders.  And with good product in hand, on the backs of the military hires and representatives (some unpaid), he's moved the ball up the field and made a lot of money doing it.  Regardless of how he wants to represent his business it is for profit, and is not a public service.  You won't see too many genuine public servants driving Lamborghini's for good reason.

If I could go back and do a few things differently, and erase hundreds of posts to be more of a wall flower I would, but I don't think anything I've said has contributed to who Kevin Brittingham is.  He's done that on his own.  

Many people agree on the above opinion statement, but most of them, myself included, also understand that AAC makes good products.  For that most people will tolerate all the other shenanigans.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a .308 Scout from Griffin and it's great.  I have a Checkmate sitting at my dealer that should be approved shortly.  Austin was very nice to deal with and happily sent in the appropriate forms to the ATF to help me out when i changed my mind on what I was buying and in what order.  He's helped me with a couple other things that had nothing to do with his business or him making anything.  From my dealings with him he's been honest, forthright, helpful, and just a nice guy.

The Scout I bought is their first generation and I only paid $250 I think.  It works fine, especially given what I paid for it.  Replacing my YHM can with the Scout cut my group sizes in half.  It may not be the quietest can on the market, but I wasn't expecting that.  Yah, sure you can see a couple welds, but I'm not buying a showpiece, I'm lugging it around the woods and sagebrush.  I sprayed some krylon on her and now she looks and runs great.  I couldn't be happier with  what I got for what I paid.  No complaints here, just happy with my purchase.

I've read quite a few of his posts here and they've been explanitory and helpful.  Guess I missed the a**hole stuff...

You will love your checkmate. I got the QD a few months ago, and love it on all of my hosts.
Cost wasn't an issue for me, I really just wanted a cleanable QD can and have not been dissapointed.
Fit, finish and performance is all top notch.
I spoke with Greeno via landline and email and he was never anything less than professional.
I bought a product based on my needs, and would not hesitate to buy another one of his products.
I am glad to hear you are pleased with your scout, I am in the market for a rifle can and will check them out.
I am sure there are other satisfied customers that may be reluctant to roger up due to the back and forth mud slinging on a few other sites.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will love your checkmate. I got the QD a few months ago, and love it on all of my hosts.
Cost wasn't an issue for me, I really just wanted a cleanable QD can and have not been dissapointed.
Fit, finish and performance is all top notch.
I spoke with Greeno via landline and email and he was never anything less than professional.
I bought a product based on my needs, and would not hesitate to buy another one of his products.
I am glad to hear you are pleased with your scout, I am in the market for a rifle can and will check them out.
I am sure there are other satisfied customers that may be reluctant to roger up due to the back and forth mud slinging on a few other sites.

I'm on board with all that you said there.  On paper at least, the Checkmate covered all the bases I needed covered.  I'm sure it will live up just fine in person as well.  I wanted a takedown and I wanted to use it on my 17 hmr; so that narrowed down the options.  The price (direct buy from Griffin) was too good to pass up.  I'm a sucker for a good deal or a clearance deal... Can't help it.  I read nothing but basically glowing reviews of the Checkmate, so in the end the decision was easy.  I already own an Outback-II (which will be going in for a "D" conversion here sometime soon) and wanted another rimfire can so I could leave one on a rifle and one on a handgun all the time.  It should be in my hands any day now; can't wait.

The Scout is great; period.  Like I said, not really a showpiece, but all my rifle cans are painted, scratched, and look great that way...  Austin treated me great so I wanted to pass that along.  Hopefully if somebody's looking at a Griffin Armament can, they won't let the mudslinging enter too much into their decision making process.

Cheers, Benji
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't own any of Griffin's silencers but I've talked with Austin quite a bit and he's ok in my book. I also think a lot of what has been said here and other places would never get repeated to his face. Then again that seams to be the nature of internet forums in general.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's no longer an industry partner, I know that much.

As to the other post's I don't know what they're talking about.

Then again, I haven't been in the suppressor forum for some time so I don't know if things have changed.
I did buy one of his first run Checkmate .22 suppressors.  I put too much wire pulling gel in there and ruined one of the caps. He upgraded it right away to the SS end cap.  Another member here, Balki, has a Silencerco Sparrow. We both have P-22's and shot both suppressors next to each other using the same ammo.  Four people standing there couldn't tell the difference between the two and honestly the Sparrow, to our ears had a louder FRP.

Take from that what you will.  I never had anything but a positive experience from Green-O or Griffin Armament.

This has been my experience as well...  I have a very early run Checkmate.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Whatever happened to the One Zero?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Whatever happened to the One Zero?

I believe it was shit canned in favor of what they are offering now. Just not economical IIRC.  I'll let Austin clear that one up though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Military feedback was positive but suggested the mounting system tolerances were a little tight, among other things.  We're working to refine and mold the product into something that fits the needs of the customer.  R&D consumes time though, and we're running about 5 prototypes a month.  Getting from point A to point B has not been as immediately easy as it might have seemed would be the case.  The process requires the designer to establish a set of desired performance characteristics, hypothesize a method of obtaining results, manufacture some prototypes, test them, theorize which characteristics support obtaining goals and which do not, make some changes and run the next group of prototypes.   If money was not an object we could probably run 4 times as many prototypes and speed the process but it is and the pace is dictated by the number of prototypes manufactured, and the time to manufacture prototypes.

Getting something to do one thing is easy, it's when you want 10 things to happen that various requirements begin to pull on each other.  IE weight, size, sound reduction, flash reduction, durability, compatibility, accuracy, etc.  The more requirements you have, the more work will need to be done to make it all come together in one place.  

Make a quiet silencer is as simple as a 15" 1.5" diameter tube with two washers welded in the middle.  Now make a quiet 6" silencer.  Not too difficult.  Now make it snap onto a flash hider, be shorter than 6",  cost less than X amount of money to produce, have X amount of durability, and weigh less than 18 ounces....   The more competitive the game, the harder and more expensive the developmental process will be.

This is how we get into the area where the market has become so competitive and expectations so demanding that major manufacturers start to have to play games with testing in an attempt to misrepresent the performance of a product to meet a created need for a Utopian device.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Now for the poster above, something has to be understood with regard to your comments.  Our M4-SD suppressor is 6" long.  It does 26-28DB's at the muzzle and approximately 139 at the mil-std ear location on barrels 10.5-14.5" long (better on shorter barrels).  

I'm going to respond to two of your comments, and not because they are the only comments I think are erroneous in that post.

Please link or reference the independent results that support these numbers. You are a manufacturer, so your data is suspect unless you videotape the meter with a common reference can.

Second, you stated that the sound reduction in that range was "marginally useful". So all the stuff about how much it costs, how big it is, etc is irrelevant. By your own admission you sell a can that you believe gives sound reduction that is marginally useful. Or were you just getting a little overzealous in your attacks on AAC and want to retract that comment?

I'm really not an asshole.  What I
am is a person who detests and despises Kevin Brittingham for what he
stands for.  In my opinion:

He destroys suppressor industry small
business reputations, he and the AAC team unethically reduce market
sales of smaller competing companies through what are basic smear
campaigns and the SRT Typhoon with Atlas mount is a perfect example of
that.

The sticky above says discussion of AAC is prohibited in this forum. So I will just add that since there is no "smear campaign" against other small manufacturers like Liberty, Silencerco, Thompson Machine, or Degroat Tactical Armaments, they must be doing something "different" to avoid it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

i have one of those cans.
it performs great, will last a lot longer than your average 5.56 can, and the owner was very helpful in answering my (many) questions.
oh, and he is also a veteran. so maybe his sense of humor is not as PC as yours is.
their company makes great suppressors for less than most others charge.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#35]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:
it performs great, will last a lot longer than your average 5.56 can

Can you qualify this? What do you consider an "average" 5.56 can? Why do you feel it will outlast an average 5.56 can?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:
it performs great, will last a lot longer than your average 5.56 can

Can you qualify this? What do you consider an "average" 5.56 can? Why do you feel it will outlast an average 5.56 can?

the number of rounds i have put through it, along with being made out of stainless steel, and i believe thicker baffles.
I will look up the specifics on it and why it should and will outlast the avg 5.56 can's life expectancy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

First to be very clear
I never called anyone a Titsworth fanboy and I'm sure you're very clearly aware of that-  I am friends with John Titsworth and I feel he is a good person who's done the industry a favor with regard to going out of his way to help several manufacturers at one time or another, contrary to all the people bagging on him, including AAC who seem to think his haircut is a mullet which it is not, and have nicknamed and perpetuated some sort of mullet nickname for John which I feel is derogatory and bull shit.

Edit I also think Mark Larue is a good guy- I believe in actions speaking louder than words.  Mark donated a bunch of swag to a private military sniper competition Evan and I were competing in, and there was no media- no civilian presence- Mark did that just to be a good guy.  I don't care if he flies off the handle, I know his actions are supporting customers and soldiers.  

Secondly, I appreciate the comments from the people who have dealt with me and had good experiences. I try to do my best to shoot straight and be honest.  

My brother did post over on Snipers Hide- I was right there with him and told him not to post [to be honest I thought the pink T-shirted men at the firearms show were wierd, but I thought the post was a juvenile action] but he's his own person and I'm not going to stop him like a dictator of his life choices, so I didn't stand in and force him to act contrary to his personal direction.  I did respond in the thread, and then did respond to threats of "pooling gas money and bringing the AAC gang to visit my house and teach me a lesson." <while my brother and I are currently deployed in Iraq.  I wanted to remind the people threatening us that we are in Iraq and not to harm our families at home.  If they want to come here and visit that would be vastly "bigger" of them.   Somewhere between that emphasis and reminding the threatening individuals involved that we are both professional soldiers based out of a secure, credentialed, facility with controlled access (in other words I can't get them admitted if they were to visit), the moderators construed something as a threat, and we were banned for 3 days.

Those numbers can't be compared to the Mini-4 from AAC which does according to the winter catalog of AAC: "Despite it's compact dimensions, the Mini-4 reduces THE MUZZLE SIGNATURE below 140DB's at THE SHOOTERS EAR and dramatically reduces visible flash."   When you translate that, it means, the AAC can does ~143-145DB's 1M left of the muzzle on a 14.5" M4 carbine.  That is approximately 2-4DB's louder than the SRT Typhoon with Atlas mount that AAC representatives, including Kevin Brittingham, constantly, and shamelessly rip on.

In recent prototyping, we did manufacture a 18 ounce 5.6" suppressor that did aproxomately 140DB at the 1M mil-Std location, and below 140DB at the shooters ear.  It was our decision that this performance was probably not good enough to be competitive on the market.  

I'm really not an asshole.  What I am is a person who detests and despises Kevin Brittingham for what he stands for.  In my opinion:
He destroys suppressor industry small business reputations, he and the AAC team unethically reduce market sales of smaller competing companies through what are basic smear campaigns and the SRT Typhoon with Atlas mount is a perfect example of that. He and AAC, have used the wounded warrior project for marketing.  AAC is a manipulative company that hires and uses soldiers for personal gain.  When he hires a soldier, he feels that makes him and his company a military company, and I disagree.  I think veterans are less careless about how they use their status for personal gain than he is with the status of people he hires, which is something he wears around his neck like a medal of honor and pushes like a billboard advertisement.  The people are clearly strategic hires in order to achieve military sales and to appeal to military people who write military contract solicitations, product requests, and orders.  And with good product in hand, on the backs of the military hires and representatives (some unpaid), he's moved the ball up the field and made a lot of money doing it.  Regardless of how he wants to represent his business it is for profit, and is not a public service.  You won't see too many genuine public servants driving Lamborghini's for good reason.

If I could go back and do a few things differently, and erase hundreds of posts to be more of a wall flower I would, but I don't think anything I've said has contributed to who Kevin Brittingham is.  He's done that on his own.  

Many people agree on the above opinion statement, but most of them, myself included, also understand that AAC makes good products.  For that most people will tolerate all the other shenanigans.

If MN ever makes it legal to own suppressors youll be getting several orders from me
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He destroys suppressor industry small business reputations, he and the AAC team unethically reduce market sales of smaller competing companies through what are basic smear campaigns and the SRT Typhoon with Atlas mount is a perfect example of that. He and AAC, have used the wounded warrior project for marketing.  AAC is a manipulative company that hires and uses soldiers for personal gain.  When he hires a soldier, he feels that makes him and his company a military company, and I disagree. I think veterans are less careless about how they use their status for personal gain than he is with the status of people he hires, which is something he wears around his neck like a medal of honor and pushes like a billboard advertisement.  The people are clearly strategic hires in order to achieve military sales and to appeal to military people who write military contract solicitations, product requests, and orders.  And with good product in hand, on the backs of the military hires and representatives (some unpaid), he's moved the ball up the field and made a lot of money doing it. Regardless of how he wants to represent his business it is for profit, and is not a public service.  You won't see too many genuine public servants driving Lamborghini's for good reason.

I have no dog in this fight, I don't own any AAC products, but I spend time at Silencer Talk and have been to all of the Silencer Shoots, I live nearby, and have never witnessed any of what you are talking about. They raised a lot of money for the Wounded Warrior project, some of which was mine, and I saw no evidence of this.

I'd like to see some links or proof of these claims.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
oh, and he is also a veteran. so maybe his sense of humor is not as PC as yours is.

I know a lot of veterans who don't think racism is funny.  Did they just not serve enough, or in the right spots?
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Didn't GreenO apologize for the engraved cans?
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Shhhh dont tell all those hating on his company that he did though.
they cant attack his products so they are attacking him personally. that's quite liberal of them. resorting to personal attacks is a liberals SOP when they cant find something of substance against someone, or in this case, a business.
this is the silencer forum after all, not the 'do you like the personal beliefs of XYZ company' forum.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a lot of veterans who don't think racism is funny.  Did they just not serve enough, or in the right spots?

yes, there is quite a big difference as to WHERE you serve. sitting on a FOB like baghram or any of the other large places, you will not get anywhere near the same experience as the guys who are at the small COP's
so yes, there is a huge difference between where you serve, and how it affects your experience while in country.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Suppressor forum drama?  Say it isn't so....

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#45]
I just did a triple check to make sure I wasn't in GD.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they cant attack his products so they are attacking him personally. that's quite liberal of them. resorting to personal attacks is a liberals SOP when they cant find something of substance against someone, or in this case, a business.
this is the silencer forum after all, not the 'do you like the personal beliefs of XYZ company' forum.

He is doing plenty of hating that isn't product related as well. I put money forth at the Silencer Shoot for the WW project, for which they raised plenty of money. Why the fuck can't they be proud of that? I don't see them advertising this everywhere or using this as a means to sell their product. Your own defense of him would apply to his claims as well imo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The mans products are only average, I admit they are probably worth what you pay for them.  But you can get way better products for more money.  Or you can get about the same level of products from someone like Thompson machine, Liberty suppressors, etc. Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 2/4/2011 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He destroys suppressor industry small business reputations, he and the AAC team unethically reduce market sales of smaller competing companies through what are basic smear campaigns and the SRT Typhoon with Atlas mount is a perfect example of that. He and AAC, have used the wounded warrior project for marketing.  AAC is a manipulative company that hires and uses soldiers for personal gain.  When he hires a soldier, he feels that makes him and his company a military company, and I disagree. I think veterans are less careless about how they use their status for personal gain than he is with the status of people he hires, which is something he wears around his neck like a medal of honor and pushes like a billboard advertisement.  The people are clearly strategic hires in order to achieve military sales and to appeal to military people who write military contract solicitations, product requests, and orders.  And with good product in hand, on the backs of the military hires and representatives (some unpaid), he's moved the ball up the field and made a lot of money doing it. Regardless of how he wants to represent his business it is for profit, and is not a public service.  You won't see too many genuine public servants driving Lamborghini's for good reason.

I have no dog in this fight, I don't own any AAC products, but I spend time at Silencer Talk and have been to all of the Silencer Shoots, I live nearby, and have never witnessed any of what you are talking about. They raised a lot of money for the Wounded Warrior project, some of which was mine, and I saw no evidence of this.

I'd like to see some links or proof of these claims.

Sigh...   I really shouldn't post anything here but what the hell...

Ya know, I also don't have a dog in this fight.  I am (for the most part and with very few exceptions) out of the suppressor business and have become rather apathetic towards that little slice of the firearms world.  I just don't care to have the stupid drama in my life.  It isn't healthy or productive.  But I do feel compelled to comment about some of the stupid, baseless claims made here.  Now, since I haven't really been paying attention the last few months to the typical suppressor drama here or on Robert's site perhaps I've missed something.  If so, please point me in the right direction for a better education.  

AAC "hires and uses soldiers for personal gain"?  BS!  If you mean Cory (one of the guys in the pink shirts) was hired because he was a Ranger who was among the first guys with boots on the ground during the initial battles to toss out Saddam, you couldn't be more wrong or delusional.  Cory was hired by Kevin years ago because Cory was dating one of Kevin's closest and most trusted workers who happens to still hold that position.  Cory was absolutely NOT hired so Kevin could commercialize Cory's personal sacrifices.  I knew Cory for more than a year before anyone happened to casually mention that he had served and actually experienced combat.  I've never witnessed AAC flaunting that.  If they have, please point me in that direction so I can see it.  If they have, it is a recent development and certainly not something that was used to gain AAC the successes of recent years.

If you mean David, well again you are wrong.  David was hired because he was someone Cory knew from Ranger Bat.  It is not uncommon to hire people you know from past life experiences.  That is all that happened there.  Again I knew David for a long time before it was mentioned that he also had military service on his resume.

Did ya know John H. at AAC was a cop?  Maybe we should accuse AAC of using LEOs for their business gains?  What do ya think?  John had a friendship with Kevin long before joining the AAC team.    

Funny thing is for as long as I was in the suppressor world I never saw AAC flaunt the backgrounds of their few employees with military backgrounds.  In fact, I'd accuse another larger suppressor manufacturer of doing that, but that is perhaps for another thread.    However, I must say over the past years I frequently saw Green0 post things regarding his military service.  Thus, I find it rather hypocritical for him to accuse AAC of such activity.  

Back to Cory and David for a minute...They are both AWESOME guys who will go out of their way to help people.  I've never known them to be anything but humble, good humored, laid back guys.  If they want to wear pink, that is their decision and I'll not fault them for it.  

Do you really want to discuss Wounded Warrior?  Anyone who accuses AAC/Kevin of doing anything but strongly supporting Wounded Warrior is making baseless assumptions.  Kevin/AAC have done a LOT for Wounder Warrior and other pro-military support organizations and much of it is behind the scenes.  But I have been there to personally witness that support.

Sorry Green0, your accusations of AAC exploiting military service couldn't be further from the truth.  

Mark

Link Posted: 2/4/2011 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#49]
This is just sad.  I had, at one time, a negative veiw of AAC.  I no longer do for a variety of reasons, now even more given their work with Wounded Warrior.  Good for them and good for Kevin.
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said the engraving was justified based on his experiences.  I don't have a link to the post, but I distinctly remember it.  He never once admitted it was racist.

And I'm sorry that you think that pointing out company-sponsored racism is a personal attack.  The OP wanted opinions on Griffin Armament, and I gave him one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top