Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2010 8:35:42 PM EDT
Hi all, I'm in the market for a 45 can now that theres a few that are hearing safe dry. I read that Silencerco tweaked the baffles over the winter to lower 2 more db. They list 123db wet, while aac lists 125 wet. Both are 133 dry I believe. I was wondering if that was before or after Jon Titsworth did his test in December where the tirant edged it out by 1/2db?  I heard the tweaking came after the test so that would mean the Osprey is now about 1.5 db quieter. Not sure if thats true. Can anyone confirm this or should it be left to a rematch when/if Jon T or Al Paulson hold  tests? I dont necessarily need the quietest, but if one is noticbley quieter then I'll go for it.  I ask cuz my dealer has the Osprey in stock and I need to make a decision soon before someone snatches it. Is the Tirant worth waiting on? thanks alot guys
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry about double post......me bad computer understander
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Form a purely mathematical perspective: which one looks better to you is going to matter more than 2dB of performance in terms of how happy you are with it.  Either one has adequate sound reduction from what I've seen, and being able to distinguish the difference between them would be hard side to side.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If it were me I'd go with the lighter one, the difference in sound and price being that close.

And since your guy has an Osprey on the shelf, that's what I'd pick. Cuz I'm impulsive like that.
Besides, a rectangular can is cool as hell.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless I am mistaken the TiRant production models are still not shipping.  Keep in mind the sound meter testing done by Titsworth was using a pre-production model.  

I expect the TiRant production suppressors to be at least similar to what was tested though.  The sound meter measures maximum pressure and does not tell you anything about tone, frequency, etc.  Thus, the sound reduction between the TiRant and Osprey I think will be close enough that people will base their buying decision on other features.  

If your dealer has an Osprey on the shelf and you like the design go for it.  It is a wonderful product.  

Mark

Link Posted: 4/13/2010 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd buy the Osprey can personally.  They are available and they are quiet and they will WORK most importantly.

Only about 50 Ti-Rants have shipped and from what I'm hearing, they aren't performing and some are even having problems.

The Ti-Rant has a Titanium tube and either a Ti blast baffle or a SS blast baffle.  The other baffles are all aluminum.

The Ti-Rant uses K-baffles and in order to make the most of the K baffles which perform best with high pressure, the angle of the skirt was changed to about 20 degrees and then the number of them was increased to about 8 iirc.  With that increase in number of baffles, it weighed more than was desired so the aluminum was made very thin.

There are reports of the K baffles crushing during NORMAL use.  

AAC claims that delays are due to a military order (their usual excuse) but that number is supposedly around 250.  250 suppressors at 8 K baffles each is only 2000.  Why can't they make the 2000 K baffles when most of their work is subcontracted out?  That reinforces that the delays are due to a poor design that is now being redesigned.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2010 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks mand and others,  its looking clear now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd buy the Osprey can personally.  They are available and they are quiet and they will WORK most importantly.

Only about 50 Ti-Rants have shipped and from what I'm hearing, they aren't performing and some are even having problems.

The Ti-Rant has a Titanium tube and either a Ti blast baffle or a SS blast baffle.  The other baffles are all aluminum.

The Ti-Rant uses K-baffles and in order to make the most of the K baffles which perform best with high pressure, the angle of the skirt was changed to about 20 degrees and then the number of them was increased to about 8 iirc.  With that increase in number of baffles, it weighed more than was desired so the aluminum was made very thin.

AAC claims that delays are due to a military order (their usual excuse) but that number is supposedly around 250.  250 suppressors at 8 K baffles each is only 2000.  Why can't they make the 2000 K baffles when most of their work is subcontracted out?  That reinforces that the delays are due to a poor design that is now being redesigned.  

I could not have said it any better. AAC is the NEW HK

Link Posted: 4/13/2010 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeez, I guess it will be interesting to hear what major malfunction says in the next few days as he posted his are in route to him. If your right then that settles it for me. thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL prodigy.  LOL inferior titanium.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 2:32:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Since the very first Ti-Rant 45s going to dealers just started shipping yesterday, I don't see how it's physically possible that "they aren't performing".  

Wouldn't some have to be in the hands of end users to get that feedback?

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:15:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What is your source on this?
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh snaps, you aren't Ian87 are you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am not sure from where you are getting your information.  I know for a fact that only a handful of TiRant 45 suppressors have left the factory prior to this week.  I also know for a fact that zero TiRant 9mm suppressors have been sent back to AAC with damage.

So, I question the accuracy of your information.

Mark
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Go for it Mark.  You can question me all you want.

Maybe Major Malfunction will add his experience to this thread

If you're telling me that they haven't shipped yet and you're getting that info from AAC I have to question your sanity.  

We all know AAC's reputation of holding back information while they work out bugs.  It was the prodigy that had some super secret alloy right?  This is the can that ended up corroding when people bathed it in certain cleaners?  All because it was plain old chrome moly?  AAC doesn't tell you that SCARMOR is just ion bond because they want to keep the hype up.  

They WANT you to think you're special and that you haven't gotten your cans because they tested them out on another customer first.

I have already received an IM backing up my information.  The guy who sent it to me seemed pretty happy I posted this.  

It's amazing how so many of you still doubt negative information about AAC when it refutes statements made by AAC but makes perfect sense and is a great explanation as to why things don't exactly seem "right" with their products.

Keep drinking the Kook-Aid.

Was someone asking if I was Ian187?  No, I am not.  I also followed that whole mess closely and I told you also that FN did not have a contract with AAC and no one wanted to listen.  I knew that would end nicely for Ian but that it would be just fine for AAC due to neither party being able to talk about the mess AAC created.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#16]
To clarify, the 35 degrees to 30 degrees...

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Of course you aren't Ian87  I was making a joke about past AAC blunders that people seem to ignore.  

The prodigy and the special titanium remarks from AAC about Gemtech's new line up is what I was referring to before.  It it insane to me that AAC would insult Gemtech for their Ti alloy, when they are advertising Ti cans that have partial Al internals, and claim they're 100% Ti to justify the high cost ($1200?!?!).  

For the baffles to collapse under normal use... now that is the cherry on top.  

Just to throw in another AAC situation that makes me laugh - I'm guessing the reason the Black Box project never came to fruition was a result of AAC's inability to perfect the mounting system for alignment.  That being said, it looks like SilencerCo did it, got it right.  Not only that, but they're offering it at a crazy good price, forcing AAC to adjust their TiRant prices to be competitive.  Though they claimed in that situation, much like this one that: "The military's order is taking too long/got dropped so we are behind or not producing/working on that project anymore." Sound about right?
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, that's exactly about right.  Excuses excuses.  

We were all told the SCARMOR was something special they developed in-house and then found out it was just ionbonding- something they had to outsource for and when it was found out that their contractor didn't have the right FFL, they had to stop.  

AAC NEVER tells the truth to begin with so that they can introduce changes ones the PUBLIC gets used as guinea pigs to find out the shortcomings.

Neil- as far as the truth being in the middle- that would be true if I was seriously pissed off.  I'd say "AAC sucks" and they'd say something else.  The truth would fall in between.  The truth is exactly what I've posted.  I have no other reason to skew it way in the opposite direction.  I know that if I were to try and lie also, no one would ever believe me again.  I try to give the facts so that I don't ruin my reputation, whatever it may be.  There is enough awful truth about AAC that I can say it 100% like it is without having to skew it one bit.

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd go with the osprey.  I've personally heard the can in an inclosed room made of cement and it was DAMN quiet.  Shot dry it was as quiet as a 9mm with subsonic ammo.  It is a VERY quiet can.  Also, the weight is not bad at all.  I didn't even notice it being heavy at all.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#20]
So I take it to mean that you're not going to site your sources? I'm definately not an AAC kool-aid drinker but I also know that Bookhound (Mark) knows his stuff and is in the know more than most everyone else around here.

Consider the company you're in and try to lend yourself some credibility in the future. I agree that AAC is full of it on some of their claims.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's exactly about right.  Excuses excuses.  

We were all told the SCARMOR was something special they developed in-house and then found out it was just ionbonding- something they had to outsource for and when it was found out that their contractor didn't have the right FFL, they had to stop.  

AAC NEVER tells the truth to begin with so that they can introduce changes ones the PUBLIC gets used as guinea pigs to find out the shortcomings.

Neil- as far as the truth being in the middle- that would be true if I was seriously pissed off.  I'd say "AAC sucks" and they'd say something else.  The truth would fall in between.  The truth is exactly what I've posted.  I have no other reason to skew it way in the opposite direction.  I know that if I were to try and lie also, no one would ever believe me again.  I try to give the facts so that I don't ruin my reputation, whatever it may be.  There is enough awful truth about AAC that I can say it 100% like it is without having to skew it one bit.

If you can't directly quote your sources, they why mention something that can't even be confirmed?  Stick to the facts man!

Furthermore, your posts sound rather biased, and you definately go out of your way to post something negative in every AAC thread.

In the intrest of full disclosure, I have a Tirant 45 on order and I'll be sure to post pics here when all the baffles explode out the front as you have indicated they will the first time I shoot it.

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#22]
That's fine.  When you FINALLY DO get your can, there'll be plenty of info.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If your dealer has an Osprey on the shelf and you like the design go for it.  It is a wonderful product.  

My dealer had an Osprey on the shelf until I stole it when he wasn't looking.  

Just to throw my $.02 in, I've had zero issues with my 9mm TiRants.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't worry about your credibility.  It's pretty solid with me.

Hmmm, interesting... high fived by an credible party...

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:35:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So I take it to mean that you're not going to site your sources? I'm definately not an AAC kool-aid drinker but I also know that Bookhound (Mark) knows his stuff and is in the know more than most everyone else around here.

Consider the company you're in and try to lend yourself some credibility in the future. I agree that AAC is full of it on some of their claims.

When in doubt, listen to Mark.... Listen to Mark when not in doubt.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have already received an IM backing up my information.  The guy who sent it to me seemed pretty happy I posted this.  

We all know that the guys at AAC aren't exactly saints. That said, if you're going to be actively promoting the failures of a product, I'd like to see more proof than "I got an IM"

If I posted that an unnamed source had IMed me stating that you offered to suck him off for $20 behind a dumpster, I hope that most of us here would be pretty skeptical of the source––and I'd probably get crucified in the court of public opinion.

Give us something more concrete to work with here.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Thanks Green0.  

To the rest of you- I don't need to name drop.  Many people don't want to be involved in the daily drama of the forums.  Do what you want with the info.  It's no skin off my back.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks Green0.  

To the rest of you- I don't need to name drop.  Many people don't want to be involved in the daily drama of the forums.  Do what you want with the info.  It's no skin off my back.

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't have any evidence you can post, then kindly keep your rumors to yourself.  

The problem with websites like these are people who won't keep their mouth shut and influence others without proof... like you.

If you don't have first hand knowledge, then we don't want to hear about what "a friend of a friend" told you about his fat chick last night.  But we'll happily hear from your friend's friend about his fat chick :)

Or his TiRant that blew up as may be the case.

Semper Fidelis,

Kent

Edited to Add:  Why is it that a technical forum becomes a big game of politics?  Why can't people post reviews and receive responses based on personal experience, not conjecture and "one upsmanship"?  Why do people have to take sides and bitch about the "other team" whoever they may be.  Every suppressor manufacturer I can think of does a pretty good job on their cans... some are better than others, but no one company has the edge across every platform.  

If you have personally had a bad experience with a can, say so.  If you have personally had a good experience with a can, say so.  If you don't have experience personally with a can, please let those that do talk.  Mand... have you shot a TiRant 9mm?
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Go for it Mark.  You can question me all you want.

Maybe Major Malfunction will add his experience to this thread

If you're telling me that they haven't shipped yet and you're getting that info from AAC I have to question your sanity.  

We all know AAC's reputation of holding back information while they work out bugs.  It was the prodigy that had some super secret alloy right?  This is the can that ended up corroding when people bathed it in certain cleaners?  All because it was plain old chrome moly?  AAC doesn't tell you that SCARMOR is just ion bond because they want to keep the hype up.  

They WANT you to think you're special and that you haven't gotten your cans because they tested them out on another customer first.

It's amazing how so many of you still doubt negative information about AAC when it refutes statements made by AAC but makes perfect sense and is a great explanation as to why things don't exactly seem "right" with their products.

Keep drinking the Kook-Aid.

Was someone asking if I was Ian187?  No, I am not.  I also followed that whole mess closely and I told you also that FN did not have a contract with AAC and no one wanted to listen.  I knew that would end nicely for Ian but that it would be just fine for AAC due to neither party being able to talk about the mess AAC created.  

I'm curious as to what you mean by this statement? I could have sworn there was a thread over at silencertalk about the ti-rant baffles collapsing that appears to be deleted now. But Major made a comment asking how this could be true when they haven't shipped any to civies yet. So if he's your source there seems to be something wrong because he seemed to not know anything about it on the other site.

Maybe I misread something but I could have sworn that's what I read.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Green0.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't have any evidence you can post, then kindly keep your rumors to yourself.  

The problem with websites like these are people who won't keep their mouth shut and influence others without proof... like you.

If you don't have first hand knowledge, then we don't want to hear about what "a friend of a friend" told you about his fat chick last night.  But we'll happily hear from your friend's friend about his fat chick :)

Or his TiRant that blew up as may be the case.

Semper Fidelis,

Kent

Edited to Add:  Why is it that a technical forum becomes a big game of politics?  Why can't people post reviews and receive responses based on personal experience, not conjecture and "one upsmanship"?  Why do people have to take sides and bitch about the "other team" whoever they may be.  Every suppressor manufacturer I can think of does a pretty good job on their cans... some are better than others, but no one company has the edge across every platform.  

If you have personally had a bad experience with a can, say so.  If you have personally had a good experience with a can, say so.  If you don't have experience personally with a can, please let those that do talk.  Mand... have you shot a TiRant 9mm?

Who's "we?" You got a mouse in your pocket?

How's this: if you don't like what someone posts, ignore it.

AAC's earned every bit of bad blood they get, and given their history of suing individuals who dare to question their mythology, do you really think people are going to post stuff that can't be proved?

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Some will say that the Ti-Rant 45 hasn't shipped to civvies yet.  That's fine.  Maybe the ones in question weren't fielded by civvies.  

Maybe they aren't shipping to civvies because of problems or the old favorite "we're filling military orders" or maybe they did and they didn't work and now they're left trying to figure out how to fix them.

I could tell you why the blackbox never was made for civvies but you wouldn't believe me anyway.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't know, I'm only going by what Major said. I've bought 5 suppressors off of him and have read a lot of his posts and he has a good rep with everyone that has dealt with him as far as I can tell. So my point is, why would he have posted on another forum asking why anyone would claim what you have claimed when they haven't shipped yet? Sounded like to me that it was the first time he has heard about it.

You dropped his name like he knows something about what you're claiming but he doesn't seem to know anything about it. Just curious as to why you would lead people to believe you by dropping his name but he doesn't know what you're talking about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an AAC fanboy. Far from it in fact. I refuse to buy any of their products regardless of how good they may be based solely on their attitude toward other silencer manufactures, people who have bought their products then changed their warranty and outright lies about the performance of their products until they were tested by a 3rd party. I don't care for the way they handle business nor do I care for their general attitude toward others.

But then again I don't believe in lying about someone's products to make them look bad either. So if you have proof, back up what you say. If not, well I don't believe a word you say. Remember, you're nothing more than a name on an internet forum. Without proof you have no credibility.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Sorry but I do have some credibility.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sorry but I do have some credibility.  

Sorry, but just because you say you do, doesn't mean you do. Not to mention the only name you dropped doesn't back up your claims at all. He's over at silencertalk right now talking up the Ti-rants and how they have shipped out and will be ready to send out to his customers. He seems pretty excited about it.

Maybe you wanna drop another name out there to get people to believe you. Try someone that nobody knows, that way you can't be proven wrong.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
No problem NighHawk.  

This isn't a college term paper.  I don't have to have a works-cited page where I list all of my sources so you, the all-knowing teacher, can check.  

This is just like any other internet forum- it's full of info.  If you choose to use it, fine.  If not, no problem.  But if you want to "wonder" whether it's true or not, do your own fucking fact checking.  

Nothing I say will appease someone like you.  

ETA:  I never said the info came from Major Malfunction.  I said you might want to see what he has to say.  I'm sorry he had nothing to add.  Did he refute what I've said?  Does the fact that you haven't seen this happen mean it hasn't?  Who are YOU?  1 post every 5 days of your existence here?  Sounds like a troll to me.

I bet if I was a member of SilencerTalk I'd find your name all over the place there.  

The fact is, I know how much of what I'm talking about is true.  You want to believe the opposite but you don't know how much of it is true or false.  You WANT to think it's untrue but since you don't know what is true or not and you have NOT been told that I'm WRONG, then you don't know what to believe.  

So, before you call me a liar again, remember- you only WANT to think I'm wrong.  You know NOTHING about this.  5000 silencers could have blown up.  It could have been one.  I'm saying the baffles are too weak and they will collapse.  All you know is you've never handled OR seen one OR heard ANY reports whatsoever except those that you've read on ST.  That amounts to JACK SHIT as they say.  You are telling me I'm wrong and I need to PROVE something when all you have for evidence is the same things I've given you- words on the internet.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Haha I find it funny that you seem to be upset cause I don't believe you. No you don't have to post any actual facts to back up your claim no more than anyone here has to believe what you say.

I hate that it breaks your heart cause I don't believe you but like I said, you're just a name on a computer screen telling me something without proof to back it up.

I've seen several of your post dogging AAC kinda like its all their fault for the Gemtax. I remember that whole fiasco and I know who's fault it was and it wasn't theirs. So when you post bullshit like that and I know it to be false then I can't believe anything you say without proof because generally once a liar, always a liar.

You act like you're "in the know" and have some top secret connections but I know a few people in suppressor circles also and none have heard anything that you're claiming. You may be right, then again you may be full of shit but until I see facts I choose not to believe you. I know you said you don't wanna name names because letting that info out in the open would cause "them" to not share inside info with you but if "they" know who you are and you posted the info about the ti-rant anyhow, wont "they" know you told anyhow? LOL

Go play spy vs spy somewhere else junior, adults are talking now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Posting the info is a lot different than telling a bunch of non-believing asshats WHO it was who told me.  Do you get that?  Why is it so hard for you to get that?  

Did I say it was AAC's fault that the ATF came down on companies for rebuilding cans?  I don't remember.  But I will say it now- IT IS AAC'S FAULT THAT THE ATF HAD TO MAKE A FIRM AND AGGRESSIVE RULING.  AAC WAS FLAUNTING THE FACT THAT THEY WERE BREAKING THE RULES AND THEY HAD TO PUT A STOP TO IT.  

And now I know which tree you've fallen from.  You're obviously an AAC kool-aid drinker.  I may continue to post things you don't want to believe so just ignore what I have to say from now on.  Quit pulling the AAC MO and trying to start an argument to get a thread locked.  Who at AAC put you up to this?  I don't see any of the usual AAC guys posting in here so I can only guess you are either one of their oldest accounts or they simply asked you to.  Which is it?  They've ALWAYS resorted to this tactic- start an argument so that they can get the guy with the info to shoot his mouth off and look like an asshole to lose credibility.  They have always baited people into fights resulting in locked threads.  

Quoted:

Haha I find it funny that you seem to be upset cause I don't believe you. No you don't have to post any actual facts to back up your claim no more than anyone here has to believe what you say.

I hate that it breaks your heart cause I don't believe you but like I said, you're just a name on a computer screen telling me something without proof to back it up.

I've seen several of your post dogging AAC kinda like its all their fault for the Gemtax. I remember that whole fiasco and I know who's fault it was and it wasn't theirs. So when you post bullshit like that and I know it to be false then I can't believe anything you say without proof because generally once a liar, always a liar.

You act like you're "in the know" and have some top secret connections but I know a few people in suppressor circles also and none have heard anything that you're claiming. You may be right, then again you may be full of shit but until I see facts I choose not to believe you. I know you said you don't wanna name names because letting that info out in the open would cause "them" to not share inside info with you but if "they" know who you are and you posted the info about the ti-rant anyhow, wont "they" know you told anyhow? LOL

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#39]

I do find it kind of funny that just because someone doesn't believe your bullshit, that they are suddenly a shill for AAC.

Maybe you'll be proven right, and other people (who make a living at selling ALL sorts of cans) will be proven wrong.  

But so far nobody has had to try very hard to make you look like an asshole and lose credibility; that has been accomplished by you.

I really hope that you can take a step back and realize that you aren't accomplishing anything except making yourself look stupid; or maybe you are paid by Gemtech to stir up shit against AAC?!?!?!

I really wish that the fanboys of all the manufacturers (and the manufacturers themselves) would just start fighting the ATF instead of each other... maybe all that time and energy could be spent doing some good instead of measuring dicks.

DISCLAIMER (lest I be called an AAC employee or paid instigator):  I own six AAC Cans.  I own 17 cans in total.  I simply care about which cans are good, not which manufacturer I am buying them from.

Quoted:
Posting the info is a lot different than telling a bunch of non-believing asshats WHO it was who told me.  Do you get that?  Why is it so hard for you to get that?  

Did I say it was AAC's fault that the ATF came down on companies for rebuilding cans?  I don't remember.  But I will say it now- IT IS AAC'S FAULT THAT THE ATF HAD TO MAKE A FIRM AND AGGRESSIVE RULING.  AAC WAS FLAUNTING THE FACT THAT THEY WERE BREAKING THE RULES AND THEY HAD TO PUT A STOP TO IT.  

And now I know which tree you've fallen from.  You're obviously an AAC kool-aid drinker.  I may continue to post things you don't want to believe so just ignore what I have to say from now on.  Quit pulling the AAC MO and trying to start an argument to get a thread locked.  Who at AAC put you up to this?  I don't see any of the usual AAC guys posting in here so I can only guess you are either one of their oldest accounts or they simply asked you to.  Which is it?  They've ALWAYS resorted to this tactic- start an argument so that they can get the guy with the info to shoot his mouth off and look like an asshole to lose credibility.  They have always baited people into fights resulting in locked threads.  

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you've gone from no credibility to just being a joke..lol For one I never asked for a name so you need to practice your reading comprehension and just because you give a name nobody has heard of does not lend credibility. Throwing out a name is not proof. How hard is that to understand?

To accuse me of being a plant from AAC or to say I'm someone they told to start trouble just shows how incompetent you are. Seriously dude, you're only making yourself look worse. Anyone can look at my posts and see if I've taken up for AAC in the past or not and guess what they'll find? Nothing. You seem like you're trying to get this thread locked because you've been called out and can't produce proof. You're the typical internet commando type that tries to talk a good game but can't back it up.

Honestly I'm a fan of SWR. They seem like good folks who put out a quality product. I also like Liberty. He seems like an old school kinda guy who builds quality suppressors and is a man of his word.

Oh and if you don't like my posts calling you a liar either post proof or don't read them but either way just stop whining.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I can provide proof. I've said that time and time again and I've followed it with saying I'm not going to provide proof to the select few of you who demand it. You haven't asked for proof?  Maybe not in so many words but you've said I can't be believed because I haven't given proof.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#42]
This has nothing to do with the TiRant 45, but does lend some background to how things are "found out"...

Sometimes you'll just be standing around a range, or at a trade show, and legit no nonsense people will mention being present at this test, or that test and having seen this result or that result.  Or getting their hands on a pre-prod T&E model of something, or reveal how this item or that item was received or viewed.  Just because a vendor, or dealer, or manufacturer isn't releasing information, does not always mean there is no information to be had.  Just because AR15.com hasn't gotten the scoop, doesn't mean people aren't talking and comparing notes already.

I've used some pre-prod stuff before, and had it break in hand.  I'd never hold it against that company, but would certainly do my duty in reporting it to them for correction.  If the production items did the same, I would certainly bring it to their attention again, and hope for the best results in getting it corrected.

If production model cans start folding baffles in use, I guarantee we'll hear about it as fast as they can fire up their iPhone to post about it from the range.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I thought this was GD for a second.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top