Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2007 12:25:52 PM EDT
Looking to pick up a Daniel Defense, LaRue, YHM, etc... the pictures are just difficult to tell which have enough clearance to cover a small portion of the suppressor (have a 5.5" barrel).

Have a NM handguard now but would like something with rails... 7", 9" ... possibly maybe 12"

Looking for suggestions , pics of setups, etc..

Thanks guys!

edit: Yep, 22LR upper ...  Thanks guys... given me a direction to start at least
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
YHM's will clear.  The ID is like 1.75.  The other brands might, but I don't think so.  

ETA:  I assume this is for a 9mm or .22 with a 5.5" barrel.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
YHM is your only real option, unless you do some modifying.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I think VTAC handguards will too.  I.D. is 1.75.  I think I saw them on Rainier Arms' website.

-Tom
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
My Troy MRF Modular Rail Forend 10" has an inner diameter of 1.5" even.  Would look bad ass tight to a suppressor if that fit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My Troy MRF Modular Rail Forend 10" has an inner diameter of 1.5" even.  Would look bad ass tight to a suppressor if that fit.

You mean like this.

I had to open up the 10" Troy rail a little bit to gain clearance for my2006 AAC M4-2000.

I like this set-up alot, but I am going to have to change it. I am going to have my M4-2000 updated with the new QD lock that is used on the 2007 M4-2000. I will more than likely end up using a 9" Larue FF tube.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I looked into the same thing recently - to do exactly what you are, so I called the manufacturers. This is what I found:

Larue Tactical = 1.2" ID
Daniel Defense M4 1.375" ID
Daniel Defense Lite 1.22" ID
Troy Industries 1.49" ID
Midwest Industries 1.50" ID
VLTOR VIS 1.50", but there is a heat guard that stops 1" from the end of the handguard

Others I didn't call about, but are larger than 1.5"
YHM - as wcc005 said, about 1.75"
I bought - POF's predator rails are a hair over 1.75" ID (with my wooden ruler)
PRI Carbon Fiber - is bigger than 1.5" (checked a long time ago, Steve @ ADCO highly recommended because of heat)
Hogue - is bigger than 1.5", slightly smaller than my POF (I have a carbine length)

Hope that helps,
Greg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top