Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 2/20/2023 2:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26]
I’ve bought silencers online and shipped to my local SOT for a decade and I’m ready to try something new

Who has things to say about Capitol Armory’s process?

Secondly, I like deals. If I were to win something cheap on gunbroker, clearance deal through another vendor, SilencerShop exclusive, etc, could I have them F3 it to CapitolArmory vs my local SOT?
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Got my Polonium today.  Thanks CA.  Got a nice shirt and suppressor glove so i don't toast my hands.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57852/IMG_2124-3027564.jpg
View Quote

Shirt and glove? Do they come with every suppressor or was it a special offer?
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Princeton:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Got my Polonium today.  Thanks CA.  Got a nice shirt and suppressor glove so i don't toast my hands.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57852/IMG_2124-3027564.jpg

Think those were the goodies that Josh said to email/IM him on.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CSFIREARMS:
Here is my timeline for my Diligent Defense Enticer-S.  Just waiting for the lasts little hurdle.

CSF

Order placed 9/1
Form 4 submitted 9/7
Form 4 approved 11/1
4473 Filled Out 11/1
CLEO Notification Sent 11/7
CLEO Acceptance 11/14
Shipping Notice  
Delivered
View Quote

Wow....
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I completed my first to-my-door purchase from @Joshua_CapitolArmory earlier this week. By far the most convenient way to procures a suppressor. Can't recommend it enough. Nice bonus oven mitt included.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I am probably missing something but did not see if this service is ONLY for trust users or can be done with INDIVIDUAL Form 4s as well.  Can anyone please comment on that?
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#6]
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:
I am probably missing something but did not see if this service is ONLY for trust users or can be done with INDIVIDUAL Form 4s as well.  Can anyone please comment on that?
View Quote

You don’t have to use a trust. I’ve done 3 cans as an individual this year.

Go here and scroll through.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I did not do a trust for my 4, works great as an individual. have no worries. it is truly painless if you have a eft and forms account. and if you dont have a eft they will hook you up and create one. trust me its easier to buy a can from Capitol than it is to go to bass pro or cabalas and pick up a Black Friday deal, I spent less time doing 4 cans than picking up my 199 p22 today at a bass pro.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#8]
Originally Posted By fordkicksass:
View Quote
CA used to only do the to-your-door F4s with a trust, but a couple years ago, they said they would do individual F4s as well. That's when I hopped on board. All five of my F4s through CA have been as an individual.

So if you're doing some Googling about this, older information might be obsolete.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks folks, I appreciate the quick responses this is going to cost me a bunch of money haha.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
How long did it take you guys to get a tracking number? I was suppose to receive a tracking number on or shortly after Nov 20, but I haven't gotten one yet. Granted it was Thanksgiving week.....
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:50:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#11]
Originally Posted By jeffhsu95:
How long did it take you guys to get a tracking number? I was suppose to receive a tracking number on or shortly after Nov 20, but I haven't gotten one yet. Granted it was Thanksgiving week.....
View Quote
Once you get the F4 approval from the ATF, you'll get a 4473 Docusign from CA. After that, they send a registered copy to your CLEO. That happens at the speed of the USPS. After CA gets the confirmation that the CLEO got it, they have to wait 7 days. When that's up, they will send you an email notifying you to expect a tracking number soon. Usually one to three days later you'll get a tracking number. Holidays or severe weather can throw a bit of a wrench in the timetable.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 1:29:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Once you get the F4 approval from the ATF, you'll get a 4473 Docusign from CA. After that, they send a registered copy to your CLEO. That happens at the speed of the USPS. After CA gets the confirmation that the CLEO got it, they have to wait 7 days. When that's up, they will send you an email notifying you to expect a tracking number soon. Usually one to three days later you'll get a tracking number. Holidays or severe weather can throw a bit of a wrench in the timetable.
View Quote

This is where I’m at now.
Easily going to be a month from ATF approval to suppressor being on my doorstep. I don’t doubt the holiday is inflating this wait a bit and my CLEO notification took 2 weeks.

I’m not bitter or blaming CA in any way, just being my first experience through them I didn’t realize the process would take so long.

The money I saved since the suppressor was on sale online is definitely worth the extra wait.
Also, the ATF approval was relatively short compared to what I’ve seen from others wait times.

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#13]

This is where I'm at now.
Easily going to be a month from ATF approval to suppressor being on my doorstep. I don't doubt the holiday is inflating this wait a bit and my CLEO notification took 2 weeks.

I'm not bitter or blaming CA in any way, just being my first experience through them I didn't realize the process would take so long.

The money I saved since the suppressor was on sale online is definitely worth the extra wait.
Also, the ATF approval was relatively short compared to what I've seen from others wait times.
View Quote
If it gets as long as a month, give them a call. It doesn't usually take that long for me.

The way I figure it is, if I use SS or transfer directly to my local SOT, I have to wait on the F3 approval, shipment to my SOT, then deal with the SOT getting the F4 certified. That process always takes 3 weeks to a month for me, plus I have to burn gas driving back and forth to my SOT who is a considerable distance away.

With CA I sit on the couch and wait for them to email me and for UPS to drop it off.  If that even takes as long as a month after the F4 approval, I'm still ahead.

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's the final numbers for an Enticer S.

Order placed 9/1
Form 4 submitted 9/7
Form 4 approved 11/1
4473 Filled Out 11/1
CLEO Notification Sent 11/7
CLEO Acceptance 11/14
Shipping Notice  11/21
Delivered 11/29

So altogether is was 83 days from filing to delivery to my front door.

CSF
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought my first can on paper back around 2010 or 2012. Fast forward to January of this year and I went with Capitol armory for my second can. It was soooo easy and quick. Already looking at a second can and will only go through them since it’s all on file for the next time I want to buy something.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Waiting on my first from CA right now.

Wishing I had some of these transfer times...

Pending as of 5/16/23.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:48:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#17]

This is where I’m at now.
Easily going to be a month from ATF approval to suppressor being on my doorstep. I don’t doubt the holiday is inflating this wait a bit and my CLEO notification took 2 weeks.

I’m not bitter or blaming CA in any way, just being my first experience through them I didn’t realize the process would take so long.

Also, the ATF approval was relatively short compared to what I’ve seen from others wait times.

View Quote

Finally got my Rugged Radiant from CA in my hands on December 6th, 1 month and 2 days after ATF approval.

My biggest delay was local LEO response to CA they received the notification. That notification took over 3 weeks, including the waiting week.
Then at the end when it was literally within my grasp the local UPS driver F-ed me!
I work nights so waiting for the big brown truck wasn’t a big deal except for not getting any sleep all day.
Even though I know there’s never a delivery in the morning hours I didn’t want to chance missing the driver so I hovered around the front door all day from 9am until 5pm without a wink of sleep after working 12 hours the night before.
After 4pm I was refreshing the UPS website every 10 minutes to be sure.
Then at 5pm the “out for delivery” changed to “sorry we missed you.” I asked my neighbor to check his security camera and he said the truck never stopped when it went down my street! And to add to the frustration the delivery attempt was listed as the 2nd attempt which meant if I missed again it would be shipped back.
After multiple calls with UPS customer service I had the delivery held at the local hub for pickup which delayed another 2 days.
So, on top of all the waiting I now had over an hour round trip drive to the UPS hub to pick it up.

In the end none of the final delays were CA’s fault but are legitimately part of “the experience” (YMMV) and I’m thrilled to finally have the suppressor in hand.

I wouldn’t hesitate to use CA again because even though going with them I do lose the convenience of picking it up personally on the day of approval there were a lot of pluses to going with them.
The suppressor I bought was cheaper to purchase online by over a $100 and I saved on fees my local FFL charges which was another $100. Besides the fact my local dealer would have had to order one which would have taken approximately 2-3 weeks to get to them.
As for the shopping experience itself, I like that I can see immediately what’s in stock at CA on their website and since I’m often up all night working I can shop at my convenience.
(Although, frequently the CA website is down during the overnight hours, odd)

I’m already using CA again for a purchase I made through Griffin Arms and I hope to start the purchase process soon for a Rugged Razor 762.

Thanks Capital Armory!
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#18]
My Experience with CA has been positive so far. These wait times are killing me though. Submitted 1/5/23 and still nothing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#20]
Purchased 10/12
Form 4 certified 10/13
Form 4 approved 12/9
4473 filled out 12/11
LEO notification mailed out 12/12

Can't wait for that shipping notification.  The little extra wait after the approval can be tedious, but i feel it's worth it.  CA just makes it so easy now. Don't see myself buying from anyone else unless something revolutionary comes along.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#21]
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:

It's a mess right now.  The wait times are all over the map.   There are guys getting approvals in 2 months and others waiting well over a year and just crickets.

What I really dislike about the inconsistency is how it affects the guys that are just getting into this.  "My friend got his in 2 months.  I've been waiting 4 and still don't have an approval, something is wrong."   Wait times are bad enough... but the inconsistency is really pouring salt in the wound.
View Quote

I can see this being an issue.  I know people who have several suppressors and still don't "get it".  They still think there is some sort of rhyme or reason to it all.  I told a friend (who has probably a dozen silencers) about my under 2 month approval and he went out and bought another because he "will get this one within 2 months". I can only imagine the questions and frustrations from newbies.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 3:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#22]

It's a mess right now.  The wait times are all over the map.   There are guys getting approvals in 2 months and others waiting well over a year and just crickets.

What I really dislike about the inconsistency is how it affects the guys that are just getting into this.  "My friend got his in 2 months.  I've been waiting 4 and still don't have an approval, something is wrong."   Wait times are bad enough... but the inconsistency is really pouring salt in the wound.
View Quote
Yeah, I really don't understand how and why eForms doesn't use first in first out queueing.  It's like they purposely spec'd for it to be designed as inefficiently as possible.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, I really don't understand how and why eForms doesn't use first in first out queueing.  It's like they purposely spec'd for it to be designed as inefficiently as possible.
View All Quotes

FIFO, sure. That would be a step in the right direction. But there is absolutely zero reason (from a software perspective) that the system isn't based on automated approvals. There is no reason aside from the ATF wanting to be as hard to work with as possible that we have to have manual, human review. This process would be one of the easiest around to automate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#25]
My experience is that every time I get an email from Capitol Armory I think my can is approved and get excited...then find out it's just a survey or sale mail...
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

The group that really gets screwed by this are the people who end up moving out of state during the long wait. I'm thinking of moving next summer and have stopped buying anything that will take a form 4.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BlackbirdRider:
My experience is that every time I get an email from Capitol Armory I think my can is approved and get excited...then find out it's just a survey or sale mail...
View Quote
When it's an approval, you'll see an email from the ATF and an email from CA at nearly the same time. You can get excited when you see that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I need these emails in my life. 344 days is enough. Sheesh
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got three cans delivered this week from Capitol armory, very smooth process.  
Submitted 5/30/23
Approved 11/11/23
Delivered 12/13/23
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#30]
About to jump from SS to CA. What is the best and easiest way to handle the photo after purchase?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diesel1979] [#31]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
About to jump from SS to CA. What is the best and easiest way to handle the photo after purchase?
View Quote

Just upload it to your CA profile that you will need to create.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Does everybody on the trust need their own account (like silencer shop) to upload photos and fingerprints?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#33]
View All Quotes

From CA Website:

All responsible persons must provide a photo with each NFA purchase.
A photo for each responsible person only needs to be provided to Capitol Armory once every 12 months. We will store the photo for future purchases within each 12 month period.
Your photo can be submitted digitally with the Capitol Armory mobile application (coming soon) or you can use a 3rd party mobile application called ID PhotoPrint (search ID PhotoPrint in the app store.) You may also visit a location near you that offers passport photo services, such as CVS or Walgreens. Per the ATF, the photo must be a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of the frontal view of the transferee taken within one year prior to the date of the application. As long as those guidelines are met for a "passport style" photo, applicants may be able to take the photo using a smart phone. You may email your photo to [email protected].
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:58:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#34]
Three cans bought and received.
1. S5 (fuck me) - 2/11/2023
2. Nomad Ti (we’ll see) - 4/22/2023
3. Polo K - 7/12/2023

Certified
1. 2/21/2023
2. 5/2/2023
3. 7/26/2023

Submitted
1. 2/21/2023
2. 5/2/2023
3. 7/26/2023

Approved
1.  8/30/2023
2. 10/24/2023
3. 10/30/2023

4473 for all 3 signed
11/6/2023

4473 Sent to CLEO
11/9/2023

CLEO notification accepted
11/13/2023

Order shipped (All 3)
11/17/2023

Order received
11/21/2023

Pretty painless process. The only real hangup is on my end with my work schedule and not being able to call in to certify and fill out the 4473 for several days.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:

View Quote

Maybe I’m stupid but I can’t see where you upload a photo on my login page?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Last question….hopefully.

Do I need to buy the fingerprint kit (with ink) or does CA include it with the purchase of a silencer from them?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Last question….hopefully.

Do I need to buy the fingerprint kit (with ink) or does CA include it with the purchase of a silencer from them?
View Quote

If you’re gonna do multiple eForms, be they eF1 or eF4, I highly recommend you just get an electronic fingerprint “card” and use that. You can create one yourself or you can pay for a service. The service is pretty worth it imo. It made my eForm process go so much quicker.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/IMG_7671_jpeg-3063746.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/IMG_7671_jpeg-3063746.JPG

That’s your store account. After purchase you’ll follow instructions and set up a second account for your submissions. That’s where yours and other responsible persons info goes.

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Got it thanks. I’ll do individual, so no trust.

Just purchased fingerprint kit and Flow 556k.

Will see how it goes. I’m a season vet with SS but they were OOS. I’ve been wanting to try CA and this was the perfect excuse.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm with you.  I got a ready to certify email last week... Monday maybe?  I'll walk across the shop and do it at some point.
View Quote

I do seasonal contract nuclear work. When I’m at an outage, it’s 7 days a week 12-16 hours a day and varying shifts. I can’t use the company network to certify on either my personal or work laptop.

Shit was easier to get done when I was working overseas and not home for months on end. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Ordered a PSR5 via Griffin/Capitol Armory's to-your-door program, super easy:

Purchased 9/21/23
Certified 10/2/23 (took a little longer because I had to set up an account and send CA fingerprints, next time should be quicker to certify)
Approved 12/4/23
Delivered 12/19/23
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Ranger 7

Efile
Submitted 12/12/23

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Pomyluy:
Ordered a PSR5 via Griffin/Capitol Armory's to-your-door program, super easy:

Purchased 9/21/23
Certified 10/2/23 (took a little longer because I had to set up an account and send CA fingerprints, next time should be quicker to certify)
Approved 12/4/23
Delivered 12/19/23
View Quote

Definitely way faster for subsequent purchases. My most recent purchase from them. I purchased in the morning, received the ready to sign email before lunch, and the Form 4 was ready for me to call/certify before they closed that day.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:39:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whiplash_83] [#45]
Does anyone know how CA handles if you move during the process? This would be an in-state move specifically.

@Joshua_CapitolArmory
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#46]
I want to know for sure how they handle NFA items that aren’t cans. I’ve been tempted a couple of times to buy an SBR from them, but no way am I driving almost 4 hours one way to their Florida dealer to pick it up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:
I want to know for sure how they handle NFA items that aren’t cans. I’ve been tempted a couple of times to buy an SBR from them, but no way am I driving almost 4 hours one way to their Florida dealer to pick it up.
View Quote

I asked the same. Answers at the end of page 5 of this thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

I asked the same. Answers at the end of page 5 of this thread.
View Quote

That really isn’t an answer. I know you can’t succinctly answer it for every state on here, but adding that info to their website would be helpful.

I guess if I ever get serious about it, I’ll have to call.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Helped dad order a Dual Lok 5 today. Hopefully he gets one if those fast turn around times.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Top Top