Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 8:46:31 PM EDT
I am looking to have some trigger work done to my Remington 700.  Does anyone know of anyone in the WY/CO area who does this sort of thing?

Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Go here and you can do it yourself
www.snipercountry.com/RemingtonTriggers.htm
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The sear engagement screw will bite you square in the ass if you're not willing or confident enough to follow these instructions according to Hoyle. There are several good gunsmiths in Casper if you'd rather pay someone.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Just a friendly reminder that you'll void your warranty should you mess with the stock lawyer trigger. I could care less, though...had a smith adjust mine down to 2 3/4 lbs and absolutely love it. It's no jewel, but more than enough for now.

Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, if your rifle is a newer Rem 700, be aware that Remington has really provided these triggers with some poor springs!  I have a Rem 700 SS in 300 Win Mag that I could not adjust the trigger below 4-5 pounds before I lost spring pressure!  

I solved that by removing a trigger from a very old and well used Rem 700 I had and mounted it into my new 300 Mag.  Now the trigger is a crisp 2# and I can set it down to 1# and it works fine.  I sold the old Remington with the junk NEW triger soon after.  I just got lucky to have a "parts gun" lying around!

If you can't adjust the trigger, you can buy replacement springs that will allow you to lighten the trigger pull!  I don't have a contact but I think Midway USA may sell them!  Otherwise, I like Jewell triggers and one day I would like them in all of  my Remington 700s!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top