Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 10:29:55 AM EDT
Going to get a cz 527.  I have a scope I want to use on it but it is so short I don't believe it will fit using only rings.  It is 2 5/8 inches long in the center tube.  I assume the ejection port is at least 2.25 inch long, leaving less than 1/2 inch available for both rings.  

Can anyone tell me the distance across the ejection port between the ends of the 16mm rail on a 527?  

Has anybody used the CZ 16mm-picatinny adaptor?  How much height does it add?  Does it stay tight?

I like this scope, but feel like I should just buy a normal length scope so I can use the CZ rings that come with the 527.  Anybody dealt with a similar hassle?

The scope is a Nikon p223 that I currently have no use for and I'm getting the 527 in 300blackout(no iron sights).
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
First up on Google search:
http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1133585
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link no work.  I assume you linked to a picatinny adaptor.  Note that my question concerned the distance between the rails across the ejection port and whether anybody had experiences with such adaptor rails loosening or otherwise not working well.  Thanks for the attempt, but I'm aware such rails are available.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
3.75" / 95mm outside distance of cz527 factory rings
2.5" / 64mm inside distance

Disclaimer: I just used a tape measure on my 7.62x39 527M with factory rings
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I found one to measure today.  No ruler, but I guesstimated it at 2.25 inch.  My scope is only 2 5/8 inch along the center diameter - it's not gonna fit without a solid picatinny adaptor.  

Can you tell me how long the CZ rings are?  Ie how thick between the front/rear faces?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3.75" / 95mm outside distance of cz527 factory rings
2.5" / 64mm inside distance
View Quote

cspackler:  
Where was the front ring located on the action when you took this measurement?  
You say 95mm outside-outside distance - can the front ring be moved aft just a bit to bring them closer together?  
I have a scope I'd like to try that has 91mm available on the center tube.  Think it will fit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top