Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 124
Posted: 4/15/2012 3:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By unbrakablex:
I watched the MAC video on the ARX and he talked about how the rear of the rail would come loose. Supposedly Beretta put another bolt through the rear of the rail to fix the problem. Have guns started coming out of the factory with that rear bolt? Do the FDE models have the new rear bolt?
View Quote

Only the very first run didn't come with the roll pin I think.

Anyways, the loose rail "problem" was originally brought up by Larry Vickers. There were no actual reported issues associated with the slight wobble at the rear of the top rail, other than that by design the rail sort of floats at the rear. The fact that it was brought up by such a big name like Larry Vickers meant that Beretta had to save face and put a band aid "fix" in the form of a roll pin installed in the hole that exists at the rear of the receiver just under the top rail. Beretta then lied to us all, insisting that the roll pin was always supposed to be there. They said that there was a mix-up in translation bringing the rifle from Italian design to the USA.

The ARX-100 is based on the Italian ARX-160A3... The ARX-160A3 up to this point has never been seen with the roll pin.

I have gone back and forth thinking that maybe the roll pin should be installed or maybe not but the conclusion that I have come to is, is that it just doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The ARX100 I ordered from Botach 2 weeks ago has a pin driven into the rear of the rail. No flex.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:26:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#3]
I'm not opposed to rifles being a color other than black, but... FDE always has the same reaction from me as seeing a man in a hot pink suit. Something's just... not right.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
I'm not opposed to rifles being a color other than black, but... FDE always has the same reaction from me as seeing a man in a hot pink suit. Something's just... not right.
View Quote

That's nuts, Gen 3 rifles are made to be FDE.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I see it from the opposite direction.

Looking at a guy holding a black rifle is like looking at an old fart holding an obsolete, wood stocked battle rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

Looking at a guy holding a black rifle is like looking at an old fart holding an obsolete, wood stocked battle rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm in the middle. I just see a Man with a Rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#7]

View All Quotes

I think it depends on where you are. Forested area with a lot of greenery and dark spots/colors like where I live, black's going to disappear against the background relatively easily. FDE would stick out like a sore thumb; NOTHING is that shade of desert tan here.

Anyway, I wasn't knocking FDE, I'd use it if I was going into dusty/desert terrain. Just commenting from a cosmetic standpoint.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:01:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#8]
video of the FDE version. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssdmY3rJQas

Guy is clueless about the quick change barrel though. He also says that the side rails are adjustable and that the FDE version comes with sights.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Probably already answered, but does the Magpul D-60 drum work on the ARX?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:15:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sabre331] [#10]
Naa, it won't
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I am so late to this party it's not even funny.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Those of you that bought through Botach, about how long did it take them to ship? I placed an order for an FDE a few days ago, and while the site says to expect a few days delay, I've read a lot about them in the past that gives me pause, but the price was too good to pass on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
Those of you that bought through Botach, about how long did it take them to ship? I placed an order for an FDE a few days ago, and while the site says to expect a few days delay, I've read a lot about them in the past that gives me pause, but the price was too good to pass on.
View Quote

Going on 2 months now.

Sent 2 emails.

Mine was for the CQB, so it's probably just a hold up on the Form 3.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
View Quote

Mine took one day to ship.
This may not be a typical experience.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Well, ordered on June 24th.

Nada.

Two unanswered emails and one phone message today.

Probably the .gov's fault with the paperwork since it's the CQB one, but still.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

Nada.

View Quote

Likely the ATF processing the Form 3.  Silencer Shop's latest info on Form 3s has them receiving 6/27 through 8/13 and I'm sure Botach didn't send it the day you ordered.  Sounds like it could be "soon".

Sucks that they aren't responding though.  They have a "live chat" option on the website but I've never tried it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

Likely the ATF processing the Form 3.  Silencer Shop's latest info on Form 3s has them receiving 6/27 through 8/13 and I'm sure Botach didn't send it the day you ordered.  Sounds like it could be "soon".

Sucks that they aren't responding though.  They have a "live chat" option on the website but I've never tried it.
View All Quotes

Nada.

Hope it's worth all the rigamarole.  

Oh wait, yeah it is.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I almost went through with registering my black one as an SBR before the deadline, but ended up punting in favor of other projects.  As handy as it is with the 16" barrel, that short 10.whatever" is going to be niiiiiice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I think my form 1 will be approved some time this month.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you have to do anything to the gas system once you chop the barrel that short?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Do you have to do anything to the gas system once you chop the barrel that short?
View Quote

No need to chop the barrel, you can buy it like that straight from Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:59:06 AM EDT
[#22]
This has me interested now that they are out in FDE.

Can someone who owns an ARX give me a quick summary of whether or it is worth buying?

Such as what are the negatives with this firearm?
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By browning43:

Can someone who owns an ARX give me a quick summary of whether or it is worth buying?

View Quote

Personal preference plays into opinions, of course.  The general stuff is as follows:
- Controls are stiff, but get better as they break in; trigger breaks clean, but is heavy (tip: For mags, use the AR style mag release buttons).
- Full ambidexterity, although perhaps somewhat novel, is well executed & it all works w/o a hitch.
- QD bbl is "Hollywood" slick (esp. if you have a SBR bbl), & makes cleaning easier.
- Accuracy is in the ~2"-4" range, give or take.
- Stock sights are strictly a backup affair, & worth replacing if you plan to run irons (okay, plastics in this case) regularly.
- Relatively light & balances well, esp in SBR trim.
- Grip & stock are integral.
- Hybrid op system design works nicely to manage recoil, & it runs reliably.  Runs fairly cool, too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:48:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#24]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Personal preference plays into opinions, of course.  The general stuff is as follows:
- Controls are stiff, but get better as they break in; trigger breaks clean, but is heavy (tip: For mags, use the AR style mag release buttons).
- Full ambidexterity, although perhaps somewhat novel, is well executed & it all works w/o a hitch.
- QD bbl is "Hollywood" slick (esp. if you have a SBR bbl), & makes cleaning easier.
- Stock sights are strictly a backup affair, & worth replacing if you plan to run irons (okay, plastics in this case) regularly.
- Hybrid op system design works nicely to manage recoil, & it runs reliably.  Runs fairly cool, too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By browning43:

I agree with all of this but the only other negative that I can think of at the moment is the fact that I don't have two of them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Has anybody tried shooting OTM rounds thought it yet. I'm wondering if this is a strictly fmj rifle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#26]
Originally Posted By whopete89:
Has anybody tried shooting OTM rounds thought it yet. I'm wondering if this is a strictly fmj rifle.
View Quote

MAC did it on video, though it wasn't vary impressive with the heavy weight OTM rounds.

Here's the video. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fUy_k5S9-I

However it's a sample of one and all that... Every barrel is different and likes different loads and you really have to do your own testing with your own particular barrel to see what works.

Edit: I just re-found this old video. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4CcvW3I3M
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody get a FDE model yet? Does it come with lower rail now?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:
Anybody get a FDE model yet? Does it come with lower rail now?
View Quote

Findsman posted about his on page 76.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Where is the best place to get the pic rail and large knob for the charging handle?  Also, has anyone messed with the gas system for suppressed use?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By flyer:
Where is the best place to get the pic rail and large knob for the charging handle?  Also, has anyone messed with the gas system for suppressed use?
View Quote

I ordered my parts direct from Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#31]
My 10.5 runs fine with a can without any changes to the settings.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Anybody want to sell me their factory buis? Have an FDE on the way.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:
Anybody want to sell me their factory buis? Have an FDE on the way.
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Howdy,

Can you give me an update on this order?

It's marked "Awaiting payment" but my CC has been charged.

I assume you're waiting on the Form 3 to ship to my Class III FFL?

Let me know.

Thanks!

(First request, sent 8/19)

(Second request, sent 9/1)

(Third request, sent 9/19)
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone posted this yet?

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/mission-adaptable/
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Five free extra mags? That is a pretty sweet promo!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

PIC shows a larger sling mount adapter. It would be nice if those became available.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

PIC shows a larger sling mount adapter. It would be nice if those became available.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

They need to release the QD adapter like they originally promised.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Reading the fine print, you either need a copy of the 4473, which I doubt my FFL is going to want to dig up at this point, or a receipt with the serial number on it, which ordering online doesn't give you.  I'm also thinking that the wording of "purchased new at retail" means I needed to spend the $1750 or whatever the MSRP is at an Official Beretta Dealer and not online.

I was excited, then lost interest after needing to jump through all these hoops for five mags.

Typical Beretta, so close, yet so very far.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Approved

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
Approved

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxxcqelok.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxxcqelok.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg</a>
View Quote

SCHWING!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Reading the fine print, you either need a copy of the 4473, which I doubt my FFL is going to want to dig up at this point, or a receipt with the serial number on it, which ordering online doesn't give you.  I'm also thinking that the wording of "purchased new at retail" means I needed to spend the $1750 or whatever the MSRP is at an Official Beretta Dealer and not online.

I was excited, then lost interest after needing to jump through all these hoops for five mags.

View All Quotes

The packing list or invoice that comes with the gun should suffice as a receipt. And purchased at retail usually means purchased from a business vs a private party sale.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#44]
Anyone else catch one for $1111 during Botach's flash sale last Friday? I just couldn't say no at that price, especially with Beretta's free mag offer.

And somehow, they managed to ship it out on Monday, which seems a small miracle after reading all the delayed shipping horror stories in this thread.

ETA: rifle arrived with two front sights. Not sure if Beretta or Botach is blame. Not a big deal because they're garbage but I still expect one of the two to make it right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:
Anyone else catch one for $1111 during Botach's flash sale last Friday? I just couldn't say no at that price, especially with Beretta's free mag offer.

And somehow, they managed to ship it out on Monday, which seems a small miracle after reading all the delayed shipping horror stories in this thread.
View Quote

Was it just for the rifle in black?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:

No idea. It was only one I applied the coupon to.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Approved

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxxcqelok.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxxcqelok.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Sighted in the SBR with the new barrel yesterday, man the recoil impulse on this thing is very sharp (suppressed) compared to the rifle version. Next week we'll be running some drills, I'm curious to know (when I run it fast), how hard it will be to get back on target.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Sighted in the SBR with the new barrel yesterday, man the recoil impulse on this thing is very sharp (suppressed) compared to the rifle version. Next week we'll be running some drills, I'm curious to know (when I run it fast), how hard it will be to get back on target.
View All Quotes
Approved

The difference in felt recoil is to be expected, since the propellant pressure is being confined in a smaller bbl + can volume, so it will naturally impart greater force.  The more the muzzle rises, the longer it takes to return to target.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#49]

The difference in felt recoil is to be expected, since the propellant pressure is being confined in a smaller bbl + can volume, so it will naturally impart greater force.  The more the muzzle rises, the longer it takes to return to target.
View All Quotes
Approved

I noticed the gas setting was on N (when I got home), it should have been set on S (for standard ammo). I won't have a chance to shoot again until Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#50]

I noticed the gas setting was on N (when I got home), it should have been set on S (for standard ammo). I won't have a chance to shoot again until Saturday.
View All Quotes
Approved

That should make for a different experience.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top