Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 124
Posted: 4/15/2012 3:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

Where did you here that the 5.45 kit is coming first?

Beretta already has the 7.62x39 rifle made and sold to other nations. In FDE no less!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rimg_1667-tfb.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Well, if that's the case, then I have to ask why 5.45x39 cal kit is going to be offered for it instead of 7.62x39 kit - or am I a market outsider on this?

Beretta already has the 7.62x39 rifle made and sold to other nations. In FDE no less!

I'm not finding it now (should've bookmarked it), but it was either in a recent SHOT writeup or vid that there would be .300 BLK & 5.45x39 conversion bolts & barrels for it.  I know the 7.62x39 has been done, & THAT is what they should offer up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm not finding it now (should've bookmarked it), but it was either in a recent SHOT writeup or vid that there would be .300 BLK & 5.45x39 conversion bolts & barrels for it.  I know the 7.62x39 has been done, & THAT is what they should offer up.
View All Quotes

Well, if that's the case, then I have to ask why 5.45x39 cal kit is going to be offered for it instead of 7.62x39 kit - or am I a market outsider on this?

I think you are confusing the ARX with the Tavor, since those are the calibers it is supposed to be coming in.
The Tavor will never have a 7.62x39 caliber or other rounds based on it or bigger because the bolt head is too small.

The ARX on the other hand was designed as a possible SCAR competitor and so the bolt is bigger than an ARs and can handle 6.8 without shortening it's life.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

The 5.45 is coming first according to the SigForum write-up I posted a link to on the previous page.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
In this YouTube video link you can see that the aluminum barrel shroud and the adjustable gas block come from the ARX-160A3.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:52:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#5]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

The 5.45 is coming first according to the SigForum write-up I posted a link to on the previous page.
View Quote

I stand corrected.

Odd that a 5.45 version would come first. The 300blk uses the same bolt and mags as the 5.56. All you need is the barrel.

ETA: Nice to see that the FDE version will follow soon. would have preferred they introduce them both at the same time like IWI did.
My guess is that they will haul ass making the black version until sales slow and then switch to keep the rush going.
Just a WAG on my part.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#6]

I stand corrected.

Odd that a 5.45 version would come first. The 300blk uses the same bolt and mags as the 5.56. All you need is the barrel.

ETA: Nice to see that the FDE version will follow soon. would have preferred they introduce them both at the same time like IWI did.
My guess is that they will haul ass making the black version until sales slow and then switch to keep the rush going.
Just a WAG on my part.
View All Quotes

I stand corrected.

Just a WAG on my part.

I also find it odd and maybe the SigForum write-up is wrong. Why would they come out with the 5.45 version first (a version I have not seen in any form yet, be it in military or prototype form) when they had the .300 Black Out barrel ready to go last year?

Also, I swear that I saw a picture of a FDE version of the ARX-160 .22lr from this years shot show somewhere but I can't find it now.

Edit: I found the picture here.

Just scroll down and you will see it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:21:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#7]

I stand corrected.

Just a WAG on my part.
View All Quotes

I stand corrected.

Just a WAG on my part.

You are forgiven.  

I stumbled on another internet rumor about a couple weeks back that the Tavor 5.45 kit was dumped due to reliability issues.

In this YouTube video link you can see that the aluminum barrel shroud and the adjustable gas block come from the ARX-160A3.

Food for thought at 5:18 - "Eventually, all of the A3 features will be incorporated into the US marketed ARX-100 variant."

Guess I'm gonna be stuck waiting it out for the upgrades.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#8]

Food for thought at 5:18 - "Eventually, all of the A3 features will be incorporated into the US marketed ARX-100 variant."

View All Quotes

Interesting... Does that mean that the ARX-100 will have the large vent hole handguards and bayonet lug like on the A3 model???

Those two features are the only major differences I can see between the two... Other than full auto of course.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]

I stand corrected.

Just a WAG on my part.
View All Quotes

I stand corrected.

Just a WAG on my part.

I would not read too much into a FDE version for US.  The FDE ARX-160 that has been shown and as reported in The Firearm Blog last May was that the ARX-160 was adopted by Kazakh SF in 7.62x39MM in FDE.  I had asked Beretta numerous times about a FDE version for US market but have been told they had no plans to make the ARX-100 in FDE.  That being said I did just see the pictures today on the Beretta FB page from SHOT 2014 and is did show a ARX in FDE but it appeared to be the .22 version.  I have messaged Beretta again asking about a FDE ARX-100 but have not heard anything back yet.  Will post if I hear anything.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By eodcolret: I have messaged Beretta again asking about a FDE ARX-100 but have not heard anything back yet.  Will post if I hear anything.
View Quote

Thanks for keeping us posted.

FWIW, some of the A1/A2 160s made for the Italian army were in FDE.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#11]
Looks like they were showing off the powered rail version of the ARX-100 at the SHOT show as well. > Link.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#12]

Interesting... Does that mean that the ARX-100 will have the large vent hole handguards and bayonet lug like on the A3 model???

Those two features are the only major differences I can see between the two... Other than full auto of course.
View All Quotes

I would think so.  Personally don't care for the bayo lug, but the enlarged vent holes would be a welcome improvement.  Couldn't help but noticed that the vents are virtually identical of the vents the G36 series upper.  Coinkidink?

Looks like they were showing off the powered rail version of the ARX-100 at the SHOT show as well. > Link.

Stock obviously contains the battery/storage device.  Not sure how much weight that will add to the package.

According to an article, it will be integrated into the ARX-100.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:20:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#13]
Here are a couple of videos posted by Beretta on YouTube. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAdGAysC0J0 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojgIi6PvIU
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#14]
They somehow made it uglier with the shorter foreend.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 2:10:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#15]
EMBEDDED ( since non-team cannot )

Here are a couple of videos posted by Beretta on YouTube. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAdGAysC0J0 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojgIi6PvIU
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#16]
So if the ARX-100 is going to be packaged with the powered rail system, does that mean we are all receiving rifles with that fugly battery pack on the stock?  Is it at least removable?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#17]
It doesn't look like they're going to integrate that immediately.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#18]
They'd have to start shipping rifles first... nothing will be immediate... just wait untill next show show for the next release date
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#19]
At one time I was super excited for the ARX-160 since it was first announced years ago. I wanted it to be my first rifle but lost patience and bought an LWRC M6A2 in 2012. Thank goodness I did that before the post Sandy Hook panic started.

I was still excited for the ARX-100 but since it was delayed and with this news of a chrome lined barrel I've lost all interest in it. At this point it would not surprise me if the Beretta abandoned the rifle altogether and cancelled its release.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 2:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#20]
Here is a video about the military ARX-160. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OauVfw0qquY

I love that Italian style selector lever.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#21]
This business about the chrome-lined barrel is ridiculous... this is a battle rifle, not a half MOA precision gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Ancient wisdom " Only accurate rifles are interesting " .
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#23]
Originally Posted By Conqueror:
So if the ARX-100 is going to be packaged with the powered rail system, does that mean we are all receiving rifles with that fugly battery pack on the stock?  Is it at least removable?
View Quote

I think that if/when the powered rail comes out that it will be offered as an option rather than come standard on every ARX.

It's an option that would probably price it out of most peoples ability to even consider it.

Though that's just what I think and not what I know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:51:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#24]
Quote taken form here.

"Currently, the gas system does not have a suppressor setting but I’m sure you can find a gas system setting that will run it like a boss."

If they went through the trouble to add an adjustable gas block why would they not include a suppressor setting?!?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote taken form here.

"Currently, the gas system does not have a suppressor setting but I’m sure you can find a gas system setting that will run it like a boss."

If they went through the trouble to add an adjustable gas block why would they not include a suppressor setting?!?
View Quote

And here I was thinking that it was integrated with that in mind.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#26]
I thought the gas system was infinitely adjustable, like the FAL?

VVVVVVVVVVV Thanks for the link.  Only two settings though. Might be better to get an early ARX and have a local GS add the FAL gas block.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]
In > this < video they kind of talk about the adjustable gas block near the end.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Quote taken form here.

Maybe it's just adjustable through a variety of settings without something specifically designated for suppressor?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

Maybe it's just adjustable through a variety of settings without something specifically designated for suppressor?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Quote taken form here.

Probably. I'm sure one of the settings will work fine for suppressors. Most of the 5.56 suppressors on the market right now are designed for rifles that don't have adjustable gas anyways.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#30]

I think that if/when the powered rail comes out that it will be offered as an option rather than come standard on every ARX.

It's an option that would probably price it out of most peoples ability to even consider it.

View All Quotes

Just possibly, the conducting "strip" in the rail will be std prod, & then the stock/power pack combo will be an (expensive) option to make it functional.

In > this < video they kind of talk about the adjustable gas block near the end.

Lynn states in that vid that the lower setting will make it suppressor compatible, which is nice, because I wouldn't bet on Beretta releasing a non-SBR 16" tricompensator kit.

Now the only remaining question I have is whether or not the larger vent holes in the upper will become std feature?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Beretta has said before that they don't plan to do a "suppressor gas setting" because the barrel swap is faster.  They would rather just sell a $500 barrel assembly that has been tuned for suppressor use, and the user can just swap out the whole barrel and leave the can attached to the suppressor-tuned assembly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 12:14:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#32]
Beretta has said before that they don't plan to do a "suppressor gas setting" because the barrel swap is faster.  They would rather just sell a $500 barrel assembly that has been tuned for suppressor use, and the user can just swap out the whole barrel and leave the can attached to the suppressor-tuned assembly.
View Quote

Wait, wut?  They actually said that it's faster to swap a bbl. v. swtiching a nob on a gas block?  I don't believe even they believe that.  Gander this video & note where Lynn states that the reduced setting is can-compatible.

Beretta does make a proprietary 12" bbl.+dedicated can combo they call the "Tricompensator", for military apps, though the OAL is ~13", making it an SBR (& assuming you could even get your hands on one).  I don't suspect that a 16" version will be in the offing, but I'd definitely throw down for something like that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#33]
The barrel switch on the ARX is pretty fast... Some of those adjustable systems out there are a pain in the ass to turn because of the tiny adjustment knob. But I agree, I'm pretty sure that the factory settings on the gas system will be adjustable to work with a suppressor. I'm also sure that the standard setting will work with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:16:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#35]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

View Quote

Awesome! Now embedded with the power of Team.

OT: Love how they tested it from -78 deg F to 140 deg F  
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OauVfw0qquY
View Quote

Dupe.

I posted a link to this video on the last page.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I lol'ed at that video where it says "minimal recoil" and the slo-mo shows it jumping all over the place.  I still want mine (hello Beretta! Ordered 7mos ago!), but I think we can all agree that a 5.56 rifle weighing 6lbs is going to jump around during rapid fire.  This is a "needs a muzzle brake" sort of gun if you want to run it like Costa.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#38]
The inside word from SHOT is that the reason for the ARX-100 delay was problems with the BATFE. Namely, they felt the gun was too easily convertible to full-auto. When Beretta made the changes, they had unforeseen impacts to reliability that they spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fix. Combine that with the worries about MD's new gun laws, and well, that probably goes pretty far to explain the delays.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By erwos:
The inside word from SHOT is that the reason for the ARX-100 delay was problems with the BATFE. Namely, they felt the gun was too easily convertible to full-auto. When Beretta made the changes, they had unforeseen impacts to reliability that they spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fix. Combine that with the worries about MD's new gun laws, and well, that probably goes pretty far to explain the delays.
View Quote

Leave it to the .gov to ruin a good thing
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

If this was true, why didn't they just tell us?

Hard to fault them for having to jump through ATF hoops.
Mr Kassner had the same trouble with the Tavor's approval and we were all sympathetic to his troubles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Man, if the AR-15 wasn't already on the market, I feel like it wouldn't pass BATFE inspection either.  I mean, drill one hole and install a new trigger pack and you now have a machine gun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Mr Kassner had the same trouble with the Tavor's approval and we were all sympathetic to his troubles.
View All Quotes

Most companies don't like to come out and say that they're having legal problems with a new product.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#43]
HEADS UP!!!

Hinterlands Outfitters ( a discount internets gun store, similar to Bud's, but in Texas ) has their ARX street price up!

They want:  $1,565.24

If that price stays, Beretta is going to crush the competition.

http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/beretta-model-arx100-rifle-jxr11600-remington-tele-rail-p-46171.html
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Still hate the grip...
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#45]
HEADS UP!!!

Hinterlands Outfitters ( a discount internets gun store, similar to Bud's, but in Texas ) has their ARX street price up!

http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/beretta-model-arx100-rifle-jxr11600-remington-tele-rail-p-46171.html
View Quote

Well, Beretta has more production capacity and a far more extensive distribution and dealer network than any of the companies that have come out with next-gen rifles over the past few years, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're able to undercut most or all of those manufacturers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 10:51:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: erwos] [#46]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Well, Beretta has more production capacity and a far more extensive distribution and dealer network than any of the companies that have come out with next-gen rifles over the past few years, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're able to undercut most or all of those manufacturers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
HEADS UP!!!

Agreed. A stable $1600 street price would basically destroy the market for the SCAR 16 (and the ACR, and the XCR, and probably a number of high end ARs). The AUG A3 and Tavor have trended low enough that it won't hurt them quite as badly - I think Steyr and IWI could get down to that pricing if they felt the need.

I think daddy may be getting an ARX-100 for Chanukah! (Or his birthday!)
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

I doubt it. I suspect it has something to do with the barrel as that is where we saw the most changes between what was announced this year and last. The original barrel was supposed to be nitrided, not chrome lined. Plus this new barrel has gas adjustment whereas the original barrel did not. Overall I think it had to do with accuracy and the G&A article last year.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Same here.............waiting patiently

Originally Posted By HardShell:

Yep, I would pull that out of my wallet right now if there was one in front of me.

Still want...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HardShell:
HEADS UP!!!

Yep, I would pull that out of my wallet right now if there was one in front of me.

Still want...

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if Beretta intends to sell replacement polymer shells? After a few carbine courses, I could see how the polymer could be fairly dinged/scratched up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top