Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2015 11:22:19 AM EDT
I'm in the planning stages for putting together a curing oven. Watching craigslist for a metal wall locker or small metal storage cabinet, and looking at these for temp control-
AGPtek® Universal Digital PID Temperature Controller

Amico 2.7m 8.8ft Thermocouple Temperature Control K Type Sensor Probe

40A SSR Solid State Relay]http://www.amazon.com/40A-SSR-Solid-State-Relay/dp/B005KPIX9A/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_z]40A SSR Solid State Relay

I'm kinda stymied on what heating element to use. I've seen several suggestions on just buying a used toaster oven and gutting it for the element, but I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get something new.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll post pics of what we built tomorrow. We used a small (new) space heater from WM.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I use an electric charcoal starter.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
We recently built this smalloven just for our firearms projects. Used some electrical oven heating elements.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the height of that oven and it's moveable. Well done.
I assume it's 220v?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Good stuff! I like the idea of a warming oven, as it is already insulated pretty well and that take a step out of the building of the thing.

I guess I'm going to start watching craigslist like a hawk and watching for a restaurant going out of biz.

I'm probably going to fly out to OR to get "certified" by NIC in the late summer, so I've got a bit of time to hunt around for the ideal enclosure.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top