Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 2:27:30 PM EDT
Got my A-Alpha helmet from TNVC and decided the solid tan needed a bit of a break-up.

This is the helmet: A-APLHA HELMET

I stripped the helmet down to the shell and got out the KRYLON.

Laid down some base color:

Used an old laundry bag for the pattern, and lightly painted it again:

Here it is completed:

I put a larger piece of sticky velcro on than what came with it. I think it turned out pretty good for my first refinish.

Oh... and I painted my VIP light while I was at it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2010 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool. Where did you get the Krylon Sand color. I couln't find any locally and had to special order it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the Krylon online.
Link Posted: 9/18/2010 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job, so nice I decided to stop being lazy and paint my helmets, thanks for the inspiration.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice job, so nice I decided to stop being lazy and paint my helmets, thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks.  

It was my first real try at refinishing something and it seems to have worked out.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top